PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I have watched enough Warren Sapp analysis on TV over the years to know I wouldn't trust his analysis for crap. He is a crap analyst. I wouldn't trust his opinion much more than Felger and Mazz. Sapp is paid to be controversial. He unfairly calls out players all the time. Just in the last two years, he started crap by talking crap about Steve Smith Sr's playoff record and disrespecting Cam Heyward. That is what Sapp.

He isn't one of the former player I trust for legitimate analysis. He is a guy I look to see how he puts his foot in his mouth this week.
Just giving you a hard time for the F&M threads you post. :). I agree with your opinion on Sapp, his thoughts about Mac actually make me feel better about him. That’s why I posted his tweet to begin with.

Valid. Also have to consider we don't have BB forever. Is it out of the realm of possibility next year is his last year before he calls it quits?

Once we lose the GOAT coach...

At this point, baring medical reasons, it is safe to assume Belichick will coach until he at least at least breaks Shula's win record. Depending on how Jones develops, he might stick around until he wins another ring.

But four weeks ago, the perception of the Bills was they didn't beat anyone and they were a soft team and their dominance of the AFC East was already coming to an end. The perception of this team has changed on a dime in a month's time. Is this the real Bills that we are going to see for the next 3-5 years or are they just getting hot at the right time?

Just giving you a hard time for the F&M threads you post. :). I agree with your opinion on Sapp, his thoughts about Mac actually make me feel better about him. That’s why I posted his tweet to begin with.

LOL! Ok, sorry. My humor radar is off. I used up all the batteries to it trying to laugh at the Pats' defense last night so I wouldn't cry.

When talking about the Bills, don't forget that next season is the last season before Allen's contract really kicks in and his cap hit goes from $16.7 million in 2022 to $39.7 million in 2023 and it keeps rising until it is $51 million in 2025. Even with the cap jumping a lot in 20 and going on, the Bills are going to have to start letting good players go in free agency.

They can't pay everyone top dollar with Allen's cap. Stefon Diggs' cap hit is over $18 million in 2023 too. There are others with eight figure cap hits in 2023. And Dawson Knox, Tremain Edmunds, and Jordan Poyer are free agents in 2023, Micah Hyde is a free agent in 2024. They are going to have to start making hard decisions in the couple of years in terms of their roster especially if the cap doesn't explode as some think it will in 2023.
That‘s the big thing and that’s been the magic of Brady, to be able to win without that - partially by taking less than market value. Outside of Peyton, who was the last QB other than Brady to win a SB while not on his rookie contract? I guess Eli. And that’s back in the pre-rookie salary cap era.

That‘s the big thing and that’s been the magic of Brady, to be able to win without that - partially by taking less than market value. Outside of Peyton, who was the last QB other than Brady to win a SB while not on his rookie contract? I guess Eli. And that’s back in the pre-rookie salary cap era.
Foles

He was the backup. The starter was Wentz on a rookie contract, but he got hurt in week 14 after getting the team to 11-2. Foles pulled a Jeff Hostetler and won as a backup and parlayed it to a starting job where he reminded everyone why he was the backup.

Peyton Manning was the last. During the Brady/Belichick era, I think only Drew Brees, Eli, Roethlisberger, Brad Johnson, and Aaron Rodgers were the only ones other than Brady to win in their second or later contract. That is six other QBs other than Brady in the last 22 years. Granted Eli and Ben has two (although I think both got their first wins on their rookie contracts) and Brady has seven of them.

He was the backup. The starter was Wentz on a rookie contract, but he got hurt in week 14 after getting the team to 11-2. Foles pulled a Jeff Hostetler and won as a backup and parlayed it to a starting job where he reminded everyone why he was the backup.
You said won so just answering your question.

Manning in 2015?

When talking about the Bills, don't forget that next season is the last season before Allen's contract really kicks in and his cap hit goes from $16.7 million in 2022 to $39.7 million in 2023 and it keeps rising until it is $51 million in 2025. Even with the cap jumping a lot in 20 and going on, the Bills are going to have to start letting good players go in free agency.

They can't pay everyone top dollar with Allen's cap. Stefon Diggs' cap hit is over $18 million in 2023 too. There are others with eight figure cap hits in 2023. And Dawson Knox, Tremain Edmunds, and Jordan Poyer are free agents in 2023, Micah Hyde is a free agent in 2024. They are going to have to start making hard decisions in the couple of years in terms of their roster especially if the cap doesn't explode as some think it will in 2023.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh god are we really gonna do this to feel better?

You said won so just answering your question.

Manning in 2015?
Ok, I guess the context of everything was that the Bills window is now before Allen’s big money kicked in. I commented that Brady’s been able to rise above that - partly because of his deals, but partly because he’s Brady - and the only other guy I recall doing it recently was Manning. Was trying to think of anyone else recently who won that didn’t have their starter on their rookie contract.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh god are we really gonna do this to feel better?

No. That isn't what I am doing. I am pointing out that the comment about how the Bills are going to dominate this division for as long as Allen is the QB doesn't usually happen. We see it all the time. Great teams with great QBs are mostly short lived with a 3-5 year window at most before the salary cap bumps them back to the pack. It happens everywhere.

The simple fact is unless the Bills buck the norm (which they could), they probably have a 3-5 year window at most to dominate the division and the AFC before they fall back to the pack.

Even the Packers with Rodgers and the Seahawks with Wilson and the Saints with Brees had ebbs and flows where their teams were dominant and their teams fell back into the pack. And those guys are going to HOF. Allen has a long way to go before people are talking Canton for them.

Sooner or later, the cap catches up to you. It is inevitable. It isn't every team where the franchise takes a cap friendly deal like Brady. When you have a lot of great players, you eventually lose some to free agency.

Last edited:
Let's not overrated Allen. While he was good, he was going against a Pat's defense that was clearly disinterested and playing a vanilla scheme. No pass rush at all and no interest in covering relievers or tackling. Worst performance by a Pat's D ever. It would have been difficult for him to not be superb.

****ing dummy. But hey! He has a great story to share at the bars for the rest of his life. Took the bend but don’t break literally.

I think he's implying that Mac didn't play very well until the game was out of hand and the Bills were playing defense to not give up the big play. I could be wrong but I've heard this narrative before.
Its still wrong. Mac dug out of the hole his olinemen and bolden put him in with penalties and drops in the first drive. It was a great drive by him until the end result. Sapp isnt watching .

****ing dummy. But hey! He has a great story to share at the bars for the rest of his life. Took the bend but don’t break literally.

WTF!

Yeah, if you're not a believer in Natural Selection just watch some videos of Bills fans.

Can we have our belts and shoelaces back now?

Looking at the box score, the offense had a decent night, good enough to win, actually. I love the fact that the Patriots went 4-4 in converting 4th downs. The defense got embarrassed, forced no punts and and gave up five passing TDs on a 21-25 passing performance by a very good QB, but with zero sacks.

Man, if Agholor had come down with that first quarter TD pass in the end zone on the first drive.... That was a terrific pass by Mac Jones and would have quieted that crowd. Instead, they let the Bills drive down for a quick 14-0 lead and it was over.

We don't need to clean house, exactly. This is a playoff caliber team in need of upgrades, especially on defense.

The area in need of improvement is the defense. Bill needs to seriously consider bringing in an experienced Defense Coordinator to give him the same level of support as Josh McDaniels. That's a tall order for Bill Belichick with his son in a leading role, but they're not getting it done. There's lots of talent at all three levels - Judon, Barmore, JC Jackson, Guy, Dugger, Phillips, Wise, etc. Interior DL needs another upgrade in 2022, and LB needs an overhaul. But last night we saw a defense get off to a slow start. The coaching staff did not put the guys in a position to win.
True about that Agholor interception. That really set the tone. But that’s the problem. If we had 50-50 situations, it’s more likely that our players will not make it 51-49. They are just a step behind all the time.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back