PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The bills did whatever they wanted last night. Even in other blowouts, teams punt . they didnt. Combination of our putrid defense and lack of intensity and things just flowing their way in everything possible. Like the first Td. Allen admitted he was just throwing it away. Our defenders likely were assuming the same or just a freak catch by knox.
More than last night, its the last 5 seasons which tells about this team . Rookie QB who is still a rookie but capable of standing in there try to make things happen. Unclutch and uninspiring defense . Very poor situationally and fundamentally coached team . Reminds me of the 2009 team after which BB's football life premiered where he says during the Saints game - "i cant get this team to play" . Felt some of the championship level players didnt inspire the new guns to step up as they themselves were poor.

Thanks for the run down. Id say at least part of it is typical BBs dont let the outside know more than they have to.
Part of not giving titles outside was prob a bit of a “hiding“ coaches he didnt want to lose too early. I felt that was the case with Flores, maybe Mayo as well. With unprecedented success came also unprecedented “poaching“ of NE staff and this might be one way to slow the bleeding a bit..
God forbid someone poaches his kid!

need some real talent at WR. Someone that would command a double team or stretch the field. Makes everyone else better
The problem with talented WR is they cost a lot. I don’t think we are gonna invest high draft pick on a receiver or big money to sign one. I think their is the possibility to get guys with play making skill in the 2nd or 3rd one thought. The problem is I am not too confident they can evaluate talent at that position

Yeah...a 1st team and a 2nd team all pro as safties (who oddly didnt make the probowl)
Don’t forget they lost White with an ACL this year. One of the best corner in the league.

Allen had a QB performance of a lifetime, team didn’t punt, we didn’t even force a FG.
Problem is that Allen had a similar game in Foxborough a few weeks ago and handed the team a blowout loss last year as well...not so sure what he does isnt replicable (outside of huricane force gusts of wind).

Problem is that Allen had a similar game in Foxborough a few weeks ago and handed the team a blowout loss last year as well...not so sure what he does isnt replicable (outside of huricane force gusts of wind).
Yep it has been three games where we couldn’t stop Allen.

I don’t see how we can get a good idea of what Steven is or isn’t with the personnel on defense. Just take a cursory glance at that side of the ball:
Problem is that life isn't a controlled experiment. Coach or players? Who gets credit/blame. A good coach will bring out the best of what he's got. Was this the best this group could do?

The question is if he’ll take so many hits that it’ll kill his arm, too. Cam had a gun once.

So far, so good for Allen, and he’s got as good a chance as anyone to win a SB this year. But past history doesn’t bode well. Maybe he’ll be the exception.

Allen tends not to slide on his runs and takes hit. It hasn't hurt him yet, but it could significantly shorten his career. Roethlisberger took a beating and still lasted to close to 40, but most other QBs who did it are toast early in their career like Cam Newton.

anyone pinning this on mac is really stupid .
I think he's implying that Mac didn't play very well until the game was out of hand and the Bills were playing defense to not give up the big play. I could be wrong but I've heard this narrative before.

The thing is Agholor was streaking down the field and didn't have to stop to catch the ball. Here is the play. Agholor isn't breaking stride on the pass. That means the there wasn't too much air or it was a floater. It came down exactly when it was supposed to.

When a ball gets too much air or is a floater that allows the defender to adjust on the ball to make a play, it usually either has the receiver breaking stride to wait for the ball or the receiver is flat footed. But you are hitting the area the receiver is in stride on a deep pass, the problem isn't the ball velocity. If he threw that ball with more velocity, he would have overthrown Agholor.

That's fair, but if he could have thrown that half a second earlier...

When talking about the Bills, don't forget that next season is the last season before Allen's contract really kicks in and his cap hit goes from $16.7 million in 2022 to $39.7 million in 2023 and it keeps rising until it is $51 million in 2025. Even with the cap jumping a lot in 20 and going on, the Bills are going to have to start letting good players go in free agency.

They can't pay everyone top dollar with Allen's cap. Stefon Diggs' cap hit is over $18 million in 2023 too. There are others with eight figure cap hits in 2023. And Dawson Knox, Tremain Edmunds, and Jordan Poyer are free agents in 2023, Micah Hyde is a free agent in 2024. They are going to have to start making hard decisions in the couple of years in terms of their roster especially if the cap doesn't explode as some think it will in 2023.

I care more about what an NFL HOFer who actually played the game thinks than what Felger and Mazz think….. ;)

I have watched enough Warren Sapp analysis on TV over the years to know I wouldn't trust his analysis for crap. He is a crap analyst. I wouldn't trust his opinion much more than Felger and Mazz. Sapp is paid to be controversial. He unfairly calls out players all the time. Just in the last two years, he started crap by talking crap about Steve Smith Sr's playoff record and disrespecting Cam Heyward. That is what Sapp.

He isn't one of the former player I trust for legitimate analysis. He is a guy I look to see how he puts his foot in his mouth this week.

When talking about the Bills, don't forget that next season is the last season before Allen's contract really kicks in and his cap hit goes from $16.7 million in 2022 to $39.7 million in 2023 and it keeps rising until it is $51 million in 2025. Even with the cap jumping a lot in 20 and going on, the Bills are going to have to start letting good players go in free agency.

They can't pay everyone top dollar with Allen's cap. Stefon Diggs' cap hit is over $18 million in 2023 too. There are others with eight figure cap hits in 2023. And Dawson Knox, Tremain Edmunds, and Jordan Poyer are free agents in 2023, Micah Hyde is a free agent in 2024. They are going to have to start making hard decisions in the couple of years in terms of their roster especially if the cap doesn't explode as some think it will in 2023.
Valid. Also have to consider we don't have BB forever. Is it out of the realm of possibility next year is his last year before he calls it quits?

Once we lose the GOAT coach...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back