PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

If anyone posts the full video on Twitter, i'll pass it on.

Personally, I don't understand how it can be a bang-bang acceptable play when Allen is already on his back BEFORE Judon ever starts his wind up. Even if he punched the ball out, Allen is already down. Bills would retain ball. It was a punch-out for absolutely no reason.

View attachment 39253

My only problem with Judon on this play is that he didn’t target Allen’s nuts.

1640711362428.gif

Probably been said before but N'Keal with 61 of 64 snaps. 2recs out of 6 tgts. Bold move, Cotton.

Okay, I think the trip was dirty, but the WORST play was Hughes.

I don't know, or care, if he was trying to hold Jones up or yank him down - he had no business at all in putting his hands on Jones, who was already out of bounds and angling further out of bounds. No business at all. Absolutely a penalty.

Also - agree that it was a pretty clear cut penalty on Hughes. A push AND a yank back down - that easily could've injured MJones (see the knee). Doesn't affect the fact that we couldn't stop their offense, but it was a supremely horrible call - like there may be refs who have money on the game kind of bad (although the Bills did pick up more flags during the game).

Probably been said before but N'Keal with 61 of 64 snaps. 2recs out of 6 tgts. Bold move, Cotton.

Also - agree that it was a pretty clear cut penalty on Hughes. A push AND a yank back down - that easily could've injured MJones (see the knee). Doesn't affect the fact that we couldn't stop their offense, but it was a supremely horrible call - like there may be refs who have money on the game kind of bad (although the Bills did pick up more flags during the game).

Thanks for posting the video again.

Clear penalty in my opinion. Though I do think what you refer to as the "yank back" is Hughes attempt to keep him upright.

If anyone posts the full video on Twitter, i'll pass it on.

Personally, I don't understand how it can be a bang-bang acceptable play when Allen is already on his back BEFORE Judon ever starts his wind up. Even if he punched the ball out, Allen is already down. Bills would retain ball. It was a punch-out for absolutely no reason.

View attachment 39253
So you're saying you're mad because Judon was punching the ball but did it too late so it's REALLY DIRTY!!! If that's a really dirty play then you must have thought the extremely late hit out-of-bounds on Mac which twisted his leg up must've been worth an ejection, right? Considering how much more dirty it was.
I guess i'll have to re-watch the Hughes play.

From my memory, I thought he was trying to hold him up from falling.
Oh, I see. Well, that makes zero sense, but hey, I guess you're being loyal to your chosen laundry. I'm sure you'd never call out anyone else for doing the same thing you are.
And apparently you cant get some Patriot fans to admit that a play is dirty haha. Once that Patriot jersey goes on, everything is OKAY!
<confused Jackie Chan meme>

Bottom line is there were a lot of plays ranging from clearly dirty to maybe dirty and they happened on both teams. Trying to argue Buffalo's dirty plays weren't dirty but New England's dirty plays are exceptionally dirty, on a New England forum, is just silly. Do we have to do it?

I agree but it was Brady throwing the ball versus Jones. So I am not sure how that factors in. Unfortunately it is not a direct comparison. We probably need a slot guy in the 2022 3rd or 4th round.

true but then wouldn’t that mean gunner would be even less likely to progress as such since jones is the guy moving forth? Still not giving up on him but thinking we need to look elsewhere for slot wr. I like him at pr despite the recent struggles, im wondering if the concussion has had an effect because I think its coincided to around the same time he stopped getting big returns

Yes, but some of those throws was because he had time to eat a sandwich before he threw them. Many times when he made great throws, the initial coverage was pretty good. But since there was no pass rush, receivers were able to get open for Allen to make those throws.

The thing is about zone defense is that you cannot let the QB have a lot of time to make throws because zone coverages only hold for so long before there starts to be large holes in the zones.

I am not trying to take away from Allen, but that is the facts of the matter. He made the throws. But the Pats made it far, far easier for him to make those throws.
Great QBing negates great defense. Great pitching cancels great hitting.

Allen was rolling out to escape the pass rush and made throws to win the game. If Allen keeps this level of play up he will take the Bills to LA.

Forget about the yank. Look where Hughes initially makes contact with Jones. Jones is already out of bounds. That is a penalty even without the stuff after it.

So you're saying you're mad because Judon was punching the ball but did it too late so it's REALLY DIRTY!!!

I'm not mad. Just pointing out that it was dirty. It wasn't just the punching play, he also tripped Allen.

"Punching the ball too late" is the same thing as saying "Punching the opponent when the play is over". Once the play is over, the ballcarrier is on their back and the whistle has blown, punching the ball is no longer a thing. That's just assault at that point.

Are you honestly okay with an opponent "punching at the ball" when Mac Jones is on his back and the play is done?

If that's a really dirty play then you must have thought the extremely late hit out-of-bounds on Mac which twisted his leg up must've been worth an ejection, right? Considering how much more dirty it was.

Yeah that was BS too. Hughes should not have touched Mac when his feet were clearly out of bounds.

I disagree that it was more dirty, though. Punching/Tripping someone > Pushing them late out bounds.

Oh, I see. Well, that makes zero sense, but hey, I guess you're being loyal to your chosen laundry. I'm sure you'd never call out anyone else for doing the same thing you are.

Someone posted the full video after I wrote that. You can see it if you scroll a few more posts down from where you quoted the above post. Once I saw it again I said "Yeah, that's not cool. That should have been a flag."

I have no problem admitting when one of my favorite teams players do something wrong.

<confused Jackie Chan meme>

Bottom line is there were a lot of plays ranging from clearly dirty to maybe dirty and they happened on both teams. Trying to argue Buffalo's dirty plays weren't dirty but New England's dirty plays are exceptionally dirty, on a New England forum, is just silly. Do we have to do it?

I never said Buffalo's plays weren't dirty. I have no idea where you got that from.

In fact, I've said the exact opposite - I said both MIlano and Hughes should have been flagged.

Is me saying they were wrong for doing it and should have gotten flagged not good enough? Do I need to grovel and beg for forgiveness in order for you to see that I agree the Bills had some dirty players?

Last edited:
OT, but relevant to both teams: watching one of the NFL shows during the games, someone, I forget who, commented on the fact that Wentz was unvaccinated, and although he was being very careful and up front about it, it could hurt the team.

Unvaccinated Wentz just went into COVID protocol. He may have just cost his team the season. His 9-6 team is playing the 8-7 Raiders this week.

OT, but relevant to both teams: watching one of the NFL shows during the games, someone, I forget who, commented on the fact that Wentz was unvaccinated, and although he was being very careful and up front about it, it could hurt the team.

Unvaccinated Wentz just went into COVID protocol. He may have just cost his team the season. His 9-6 team is playing the 8-7 Raiders this week.

Oh wow.

I never said Buffalo's plays weren't dirty. I have no idea where you got that from.

In fact, I've said the exact opposite - I said both MIlano and Hughes should have been flagged.

Is me saying they were wrong for doing it and should have gotten flagged not good enough? Do I need to grovel and beg for forgiveness in order for you to see that I agree the Bills had some dirty players?
I'm getting it from the posts I quoted, that seemed to be your stance from the 2 pages prior to my post. But if your stance is now that the Bills also had some dirty plays then it's fine, while I'm not really understanding your stance on the ball punch I can certainly just agree to disagree.

true but then wouldn’t that mean gunner would be even less likely to progress as such since jones is the guy moving forth? Still not giving up on him but thinking we need to look elsewhere for slot wr. I like him at pr despite the recent struggles, im wondering if the concussion has had an effect because I think its coincided to around the same time he stopped getting big returns

Maybe. But Mac is learning a lot, the various WR roles and routes, as well as the TE roles and routes. No person can learn all that is one season. So who knows which roles and routes Mac has learned and which ones he is still learning. The QB's synergy with the WRs and TEs is over blown versus knowing where to be in the Pats offensive scheme. Maybe Gunner has no idea where he should be (he was a Div III cb before joining the Pats), or maybe Gunner and Mac are both figuring out that position on-the-fly. No way to know from the couch and All-22. So far BB has not targeted or drafted another traditional slot guy (like Edelman), so that would indicate the coaching staff has some confidence in Gunner?

I don't think it'd cost his team the season really. Even if they lose to the Raiders, they're still likely to make the playoffs - I think they would need to have the Raiders beat them + the Chargers the following week, and also have the Ravens beat the Rams this week + the Steelers next week, plus the Pats win out, to fail to make the playoffs. Certainly it would be better to win this week but they'd need to have a bunch of other games go wrong for it all to fall apart for them.

I don't think it'd cost his team the season really. Even if they lose to the Raiders, they're still likely to make the playoffs - I think they would need to have the Raiders beat them + the Chargers the following week, and also have the Ravens beat the Rams this week + the Steelers next week, plus the Pats win out, to fail to make the playoffs. Certainly it would be better to win this week but they'd need to have a bunch of other games go wrong for it all to fall apart for them.
He could very well miss both games - if he went in today, he's out until AT LEAST next Saturday. not that Jax should beat the Colts anyway, but it's a division game, after all.

He could very well miss both games - if he went in today, he's out until AT LEAST next Saturday. not that Jax should beat the Colts anyway, but it's a division game, after all.
Not if they change the quarantine protocols to match the new CDC guidance. If that happens fast he might even be available this weekend. 5 day quarantine instead of 10.

I'm getting it from the posts I quoted, that seemed to be your stance from the 2 pages prior to my post. But if your stance is now that the Bills also had some dirty plays then it's fine, while I'm not really understanding your stance on the ball punch I can certainly just agree to disagree.

The 1 time I said "Ill have to watch the play again" is why you thought I was "arguing Buffalo's dirty plays weren't dirty"? I guess I dont understand that, but ok.

And yes, agree to disagree on the ball punch. Where I grew up, you dont punch a ball in someones stomach when the play is over.

The 1 time I said "Ill have to watch the play again" is why you thought I was "arguing Buffalo's dirty plays weren't dirty"? I guess I dont understand that, but ok.

And yes, agree to disagree on the ball punch. Where I grew up, you dont punch a ball in someones stomach when the play is over.
Or it was the idiotic "we teach them here" assertions.

STFU, GreenCowSh!t, and go somewhere else to celebrate your win, such as the middle of I-90…

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back