PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

With Agholor out and Bourne limited I get the uptick in snaps but 61? Sheesh

The sad part is they felt he was a better receiving option than Smith and his 21 snaps.

With Agholor out and Bourne limited I get the uptick in snaps but 61? Sheesh

The sad part is they felt he was a better receiving option than Smith and his 21 snaps.
I guess they had a hard time deciding who had worse hands.

Edelman as a 7th round rookie QB in 2009 not only flashed in the preseason but scored regular season TDs and then was the only good player in that Ravens wild card blowout.

Gunner in nearly 3 full years has shown absolutely nothing.
He was an All-Pro punt returner...you know kind of how Edelman started.

Edelman was a good receiver who played real snaps as a rookie

But as a sophomore and junior and a senior hardly got any snaps at WR:

1640700605722.png

Gunner hasn't gotten many chances thus far but has a higher Y/Tgt in limited action:

1640700959815.png

Attachments

• 1640700925955.png
    1640700925955.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
Bottom line is that -

Josh Allen had to step up and win this game. Its his 4th season and its time for him to win ALL the big games. Not just vs the Patriots. If Allen goes out and chokes in the post season, then he is just another guy who can get you to the playoffs, but never finish the job. Think Phil Rivers.

NFL history is littered with QBs just like him.

Bottom line is that -

Josh Allen had to step up and win this game. Its his 4th season and its time for him to win ALL the big games. Not just vs the Patriots. If Allen goes out and chokes in the post season, then he is just another guy who can get you to the playoffs, but never finish the job. Think Phil Rivers.

NFL history is littered with QBs just like him.

The Pats made it easy for Allen on Sunday. Other defenses in the playoffs won't. Other teams will be able to put pass rush pressure on him and hold coverages. As good as Allen was on Sunday, the Patriots' defense was bad. In fact, the Pats' defense was more bad than Allen was good. And Allen was pretty good on Sunday.

The Pats made it easy for Allen on Sunday. Other defenses in the playoffs won't. Other teams will be able to put pass rush pressure on him and hold coverages. As good as Allen was on Sunday, the Patriots' defense was bad. In fact, the Pats' defense was more bad than Allen was good. And Allen was pretty good on Sunday.
Allen made great throws.

John Elway type throws rolling right and throwing a dart across the field.

Allen made great throws.

John Elway type throws rolling right and throwing a dart across the field.

Yes, but some of those throws was because he had time to eat a sandwich before he threw them. Many times when he made great throws, the initial coverage was pretty good. But since there was no pass rush, receivers were able to get open for Allen to make those throws.

The thing is about zone defense is that you cannot let the QB have a lot of time to make throws because zone coverages only hold for so long before there starts to be large holes in the zones.

I am not trying to take away from Allen, but that is the facts of the matter. He made the throws. But the Pats made it far, far easier for him to make those throws.

Problem is BillB way over estimated (and way over paid) the productivity that Jonnu + Hunter + Nelson would bring to the team.

Needless to say Patriots need to address this in 2022.

I don’t have a problem with Hunter Henry’ salary because for the most part and unlike that ****ing thief Jonnu Smith he has caught what is thrown him and does not commit weekly drive-killing penalties… Smith & Agholor are Bill’s two ****-ups on offense; the former is a ****ing gutless ****ing soulless ****ing hope-crushing mercenary, and the latter is a one-year wonder whose return to mediocrity should’ve been seen coming a mile away…

Harry’s big chance and . . . 6 targets, 2 receptions, 15 yards, 1 drop. Smdh.

Obviously, Mac doesn’t have a reliable WR, like Welker/Edelman. Meyers is productive, but not in that class.

He does a reliable receiver. They just don't use him enough in this offense. Kendrick Bourne has been targeted 60 times this season and caught 47 of those passes. That is a 78.3% catch rate. I bet that is up there near the top of receivers with 50 or more catches.

EDIT: I looked it up. Bourne is currently third in the NFL among WRs in catch rate.

Last edited:
He also punches Josh Allen on another play.

I’m sure he would say that he was just trying to punch the ball out, but the problem is that Allen is already laying on the turf and totally down before he punches him.

**** that ****ing jumpy punk Josh Allen, know what I’m ****ing saying CowSh!t?

I would have been all over John Metchie III from Alabama in the second round if he hadn't done his knee in the Iron Bowl. To me he could have become that security blanket in the slot who i.e. good hands, shifty, gets open etc. Think this is the kind of player we desperately need.

Around here we teach players to punch at the ball while the play is going on.

Not after the player is tackled (laying on his back) and the play is over.

I don’t know any teams fans that would be OK with their QB being punched while laying on their back.
I’m not sure i’ve ever seen that before.

Players try to punch the ball out all the time, but not when the play is over and the opponent is laying on the turf on their back.

STFU and go the **** away, CowSh!t.

Patsies were the Worst defense in the league on Sunday; so… Everyone Else?
And everyone else was worse on many days.
I get that you like to cry when things don’t go well, but at least be honest.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back