PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Revis came cheap(er). So did Gilmore, good value for his contract it turned out. BB also let Asante go and the Pats secondary sucked for about 5 years after. So if JC Jackson leaves it won't mean he's not elite. Chandler Jones is a hall of fame player that we didn't keep either.
Then there's the immortal Malcolm Butler. Glad he got paid, glad it wasn't us who paid him.

Brady started out with an “adequate” arm, but he worked to become one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

Saying otherwise is flat out denial.
Brady's arm has always been more than adequate. Don't let RobParker10 steer you into his premise.

Remember, Gilmore in Buffalo was getting torched a lot.
Like Talib, they were both viewed as disappointments. However, it was clear Tampa’s scheme was dated and drafted/trading for guys (Revis) who weren’t scheme fits.

Rex Ryan mentioned something about Gilmore a while ago that he took blame for not putting Gilmore in positions to succeed.

unfortunately Jonnu is a drive/momentum killing machine. Gets flagged and takes all the momentum away. The guy was so confident during the training camp, he gave the impression that his superior athletic skills can work in any offense. I guess it takes more than ability to play well in the NFL.
Some players- as much as one projects- aren't a fit.

Like Talib, they were both viewed as disappointments. However, it was clear Tampa’s scheme was dated and drafted/trading for guys (Revis) who weren’t scheme fits.

Rex Ryan mentioned something about Gilmore a while ago that he took blame for not putting Gilmore in positions to succeed.
Talib was not a disappointment.

He was billed as the most pro ready QB in the draft back in April. Is he ahead of schedule?

Imagine how badly Mac would be playing right now if forced to step into an offense with which he had little knowledge and even less experience, such as in the cases of Lawrence, McMilfson & Fields… He’d have even fewer wins on those teams than their current QBs have… He was definitely the most Patriot-ready QB of the draft, that’s for sure.

Judon and Bentley just made the list

But they were still good teams. I never understood the give away game thing. How did they give the game away? Teams win and lose every week because of a bad turnover or giving up a big play, thats winning and losing, not giving away.

How did the Pats give away the game?!? Did you not see for yourself?

3rd/24 not ringing a bell? Agholor’s drop on the very first play from scrimmage in OT?

G. I. V. E. A. W A. Y.

To be honest, Mac flopped like Lebron James
I mean I have no problem with that, lol, I didnt see it till last night, but I was looking at twitter and you would have thought, the guy was stabbing in the face with a butcher knife. It looked like he was just trying to push him out and it was barely a push and then he tried to keep him from going down. I mean have I see that called? yeah probably, but a no call was not some horrible disgrace to the NFl
Are you guys blind? Just checking. Mac was pushed forward (pretty mild, yes) and then got yanked back on his jersey. I don't care what Hughes was trying to achieve, but the effect was that of a horse collar tackle, and this could well have been the end of Mac's rookie year.

To be honest, Mac flopped like Lebron James
So he intentionally got his left leg caught underneath himself in an awkward and dangerous manner?1640651732520.gif

As for the many who have stated the Hughes was trying to hold Mac up or keep him from falling….that should involve pulling his jersey in UPWARDS motion. Hughes pulled DOWN on the back of Mac’s jersey. It wasn’t technically a horse-collar tackle but the effect was similar. Insanely incompetent no-call.

If you look at the full video, Judon is looking in the other direction during the trip. It could have been an accident.

Not saying it wasn't a dirty move, but in full context, it isn't definitely a dirty move.

He also punches Josh Allen on another play.

I’m sure he would say that he was just trying to punch the ball out, but the problem is that Allen is already laying on the turf and totally down before he punches him.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back