PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Complaints about negativity? Tell the complainants to toughen up. Trolling - ok. There is an ignore function for the overly sensitive (or honestly exasperated).

Back on to the game - this is bad, a tough pill to swallow. However, this is not the 1990's Patriots. They're in a good draft position, will have lots of cap room, and a solid staff who will have a few extra weeks to scout and analyze.

thanks chevy agree! Who wouldn’t be negative with this assembly of a roster

I have faith Bill could turn this around. The issue I have is drafting and free agency. Get the right talent on the team and watch Bill go to work.
What is the basis of your faith. THye have failed miserably in both the draft and UFA for years. I think BB needs to bring in some new thinkers and adapt.

He’s going to get a long one for the first time in 12 years. He has a huge opportunity in front of him. He needs to start by giving Caserio the axe and getting some new blood in the war room on draft day. Toss that book he has on WRs and stop putting so much emphasis on 3-cone times.
Also take a break drafting DB’s early when there’s more pressing needs that could’ve been addressed with better players.

I’m hoping this year embarrassed Kraft & BB. Remember after losing to Indy in ‘06 BB thought our receivers were inferior so he went out and got Moss, Welker & Stallworth? I know this is a completely different situation, the team has many more holes to fill, but I have to think the immense pride in this organization will lead to a very busy offseason

thanks chevy agree! Who wouldn’t be negative with this assembly of a roster
I've been negative AF all year, unapologetically. Haven't run into issues of being booted from a thread for it.

I’m hoping this year embarrassed Kraft & BB. Remember after losing to Indy in ‘06 BB thought our receivers were inferior so he went out and got Moss, Welker & Stallworth? I know this is a completely different situation, the team has many more holes to fill, but I have to think the immense pride in this organization will lead to a very busy offseason
That's what I thought was going to happen going into this season. Like how did we leave last season and end up with Meyers/Byrd/Harry for our receiving core?

They lost that game because they had no depth at LB. Eric Alexander was left on his own island guarding every TE on the Colts roster and failing miserably. Bill finally got a clue and signed Adalius Thomas in 2007 who had a fantastic season.

I've been negative AF all year, unapologetically. Haven't run into issues of being booted from a thread for it.

That's what I thought was going to happen going into this season. Like how did we leave last season and end up with Meyers/Byrd/Harry for our receiving core?
You are a fair poster, someone that doesn't troll or isn't always negative....there is a big difference...it's funny because the trolls will always defend themselves...they know each other in fact I think they have a few different names so when they get banned, they can log into their other account.

BB seemed damned embarrassed at the press conference. Kraft has been in hiding so who knows what he thinks.

What is the basis of your faith. THye have failed miserably in both the draft and UFA for years. I think BB needs to bring in some new thinkers and adapt.
Who are these new thinkers that are available to be hired? I swear there’s about a 10:1 ratio of posts just wanting to get rid of the existing people to the posts offering specific options that would be better.

Apparently, there’s many.

But I find it funny you got “told on” for your “negativity”.

i know right. I would never rat on another poster unless they were racist or homophobic

i think difference of opinions makes this forum run !

Bummer season. Yes we need a QB but There’s still lot we can build on. Best coach / owner in the league and a great proven system. Onwards and upwards !

Who are these new thinkers that are available to be hired? I swear there’s about a 10:1 ratio of posts just wanting to get rid of the existing people to the posts offering specific options that would be better.
Easy. ABMC.....anybody but McDaniels and Cesario. Maybe get Daboll to take on head coach role and have Bill move to President of Giants. Or how about Eric Bienemy? There are creative minds out there for the right position.

Easy. ABMC.....anybody but McDaniels and Cesario. Maybe get Daboll to take on head coach role and have Bill move to President of Giants. Or how about Eric Bienemy? There are creative minds out there for the right position.
It took one season better than 20th in points scored to make Daboll worth firing Belichick for?

That’s absurd, Brady picked his team which absolutely was his right to do since he earned it 10xs over.

Like BB said in his interview, they sold out and won 3 superbowls. I like that analogy just hate the fact he’s gonna be judged for being left in the aftermath.
I guess our sh*tty drafts over the last 6 seasons have nothing to do with where we are.

Bienemy to me carries some risk just due to the talent he’s working with. He’s would literally be going from having the most talent to the least.

I think we definitely have to consider D-line with our top pick..the only other alternative is qb in my opinion
QB is by far the most important position. We don’t have a QB. Unless we somehow get Stafford or Jimmy G that pick should go to draft our next franchise QB.

It took one season better than 20th in points scored to make Daboll worth firing Belichick for?
not firing. BB may choose to leave for Giants front Office job. I would not fire him, of course
20th in points does not tell the whole story. No WRs No TEs, a QB with 5 TD passes 10 interceptions....an abysmal disaster

QB is by far the most important position. We don’t have a QB. Unless we somehow get Stafford or Jimmy G that pick should go to draft our next franchise QB.
Would NOT use the pick just for the sake of a picking a QB in round one...unless scouts really believe he is a franchise QB. If not, please do not pick a QB at 11-16, pick a stud WR or TE

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back