PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bengals beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Boy did the coaching staff blow this one.
Yeah. It’s embarrassing.

Edit: before the season I thought he would have close to 1000 yds playing out of the slot with Parker/Meyers/Nelson outside. Boy was I wrong. But he should have.

Last edited:

And those are some heavy hitters on that list too... Agholor, Parker & BoneyT should be f ucking ashamed of themselves after they saw DawgHouse make that deep catch...

The mind is a strange thing, men. We must begin by asking it "What is losing?"
Losing is a disease as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease as contagious as bubonic plague attacking one but infecting all.

Ah, but curable.

Now, I want you to imagine you are on a ship at sea... on a vast calm ocean... gently rocking. Gently rocking. Gently rocking. Gently rocking."
"It took me too long to get here Pop I won't do it. I can't. I came here to play ball."

I haven't watched a college game since before either of the Pats QBs were born. I was talking about seeing Zappe play with the Pats.
There are intangibles which can't be quantified.

Brady passed the eye test. On the field and off.

I'm talking about October 2001.

So did Flutie in '88.

And Zappe this year.

Stats & numbers are not an accurate barometer.

BTW I've seen many of tall Tom's passes batted down.

"7. Mac Jones (21 of 33 for 240 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs) once again played winning football..."

Yeah... about that, Mike... ummm...
Like Eason and Bledsoe played "winning football"

Trying hard, your best, is admirable but doesn't make you better than you are.

There's a very good reason Montana, Brady, Flutie won championships. It's not the stats, although they did rack up yards and set records when they had elite talent and/or opportunity.

There are intangibles which can't be quantified.

Brady passed the eye test. On the field and off.

I'm talking about October 2001.

So did Flutie in '88.

And Zappe this year.

Stats & numbers are not an accurate barometer.

BTW I've seen many of tall Tom's passes batted down.
I wasn't impressed with Zappe but it's still early.

As for passes being batted down, if I were a pro QB I'd have a tinted shield on my facemask, ala Jim McMahon. IMHO staring down receivers is the main problem, not lack of height.

Wow, just watched Mic'd up and they had a side view of the Rham fumble.

He really was pushed back a lot and he was back there for seconds with arms on him.

It was so clearly forward progress. I guess I thought he was pushed back THEN fumbled, but instead the guy who caused the fumble came in very late. He was pushed back and long after the whistle should've blown, the guy knocked it out.

Very bad call. I thought it was marginal at first, didn't realize how badly the refs had botched it

Watch Mic'd up to see how late the Bengal gets there

He really was pushed back a lot and he was back there for seconds with arms on him.

It was so clearly forward progress. I guess I thought he was pushed back THEN fumbled, but instead the guy who caused the fumble came in very late. He was pushed back and long after the whistle should've blown, the guy knocked it out.

Very bad call. I thought it was marginal at first, didn't realize how badly the refs had botched it

Two brutal back to back losses due to incompetent officials. We can't put ourselves there in the first place though. You almost never get out of a 22-0 hole

Yeah after watching the replay the first time I started asking Where was the whistle...?

Anybody else see flashbacks of Dennis Green after that Bears - Cardinals game in '06?

Yet another example of how the very integrity of the sport has been compromised all because Chicks Dig the Long Ball: Forward progress being stopped is now Rarely called; and QB in the Grasp is no longer Ever called... Player Safety my ass, you f ucking Liars.

Last edited:
Here's another example of an open receiver (2 actually) that Mac fails to connect with and has nothing to do with OL or coaches. No anticipation.

Here's another example of an open receiver (2 actually) that Mac fails to connect with and has nothing to do with OL or coaches. No anticipation.

The Safety (#30 Jesse Bates) never even looked Thornton's way, that's how little respect they (& every other team) has for our deep attack.

Pleasantly surprised that even Tool Chatham is criticizing Corky here.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back