PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bengals beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

The 2 fumbles by Rham and 1 from a month ago. I wonder if there will be any repercussions.

FWIW, on the much debated Thornton dropped pass. This is Bedard's take of the play. Take it for what it is worth (I have I put enough disclaimers that I am not taking it as gold, but just relaying the information?).

He felt the pass by Jones was perfect. He threw the ball before Thornton was down the field and threw it to where Thornton was running to. He claims that Thornton when he looked back, he faded and went farther outside. Bedard claims this has been a problem with Thornton all year. He doesn't believe Jones underthrew the ball because he was throwing to a spot and Thornton faded. He also feels that Thornton did a poor job boxing out the defender.

Bedard watches the game film. So he does have a better perspective of the entire play than all of us who only watch the TV broadcast. But I know a lot of people think Bedard has an agenda.

Bedard also said this was Jones' best game of the season and thought he was great in this game.

FWIW, on the much debated Thornton dropped pass. This is Bedard's take of the play. Take it for what it is worth (I have I put enough disclaimers that I am not taking it as gold, but just relaying the information?).

He felt the pass by Jones was perfect. He threw the ball before Thornton was down the field and threw it to where Thornton was running to. He claims that Thornton when he looked back, he faded and went farther outside. Bedard claims this has been a problem with Thornton all year. He doesn't believe Jones underthrew the ball because he was throwing to a spot and Thornton faded. He also feels that Thornton did a poor job boxing out the defender.

Bedard watches the game film. So he does have a better perspective of the entire play than all of us who only watch the TV broadcast. But I know a lot of people think Bedard has an agenda.

Bedard also said this was Jones' best game of the season and thought he was great in this game.

He's really defending the hell out of Jones on one play, and killing Meyers for blowing the route which (according to Bedard) made it look as if Jones was the one in the wrong.

Also, he trashes Troy Brown and the coaching of the receivers. Bedard claims that the receivers are way too slow to make their breaks and looking back for the ball.

He's really defending the hell out of Jones on one play, and killing Meyers for blowing the route which (according to Bedard) made it look as if Jones was the one in the wrong.

He could be right. He isn't the only one in the media who has trashed the Patriots receivers for being slow and not running good routes.

He could be right. He isn't the only one in the media who has trashed the Patriots receivers for being slow and not running good routes.

Bedard is very salty today.

rofl.gif

Bedard called Bourne his #1 up
He called Judon his #2 up
He called Mac Jones his #3 up

He's just upset that Felger and Mazz have the day off and he has to deal with the Z team. It is like turning on a Patriots game and finding out Ian Eagle is calling the game.
have I posted how much I despise Ian Eagle? He should NEVER be assigned to a Patriots game...ever.

i know a lot of blame rightfully goes on matt p but what about troy brown?

I think we can safely say that Troy Brown knows how WRs read defenses and adjust their routes and he knows how an NFL WR gets open. Jakobi understands these element as well. Our problem is that Parker is really just a jump ball / slant guy, Algholor is very talented but seems to shrink in crucial situations, and Tyquan does not have his routes down yet, even though it's evident he has the ability to separate when he makes his breaks.

It was definitely a nice throw.

We're so deprived at WR over the years that routing plays for other teams seem like miracles for us.

Other QBs do not drop a ball into a 1 foot window 50 yards downfield. That's not what happens. It's a 3 - 5 yard radius and their WRs adjust to the ball and highpoint it.

Looking at the work of the secondary. Burrow completed 77% of his passes for 375 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT. Marcus Jones was owned allowing 10 of 10 completions for 163 yards (63 YAC). His pick 6 is the only reason he didn't allow a perfect QB rating. Jo Jones (1 TD), Wade (1 TD) and Bryant continue to under perform when facing elite QBs w/ good receivers. McCourty again allowing a >100 rating and a TD. These stats are similar to the ones against MIN and BUF. This secondary has problems defending against the better QBs w/ elite receivers, which I suppose isn't surprising, but they are not an elite unit. Need to find taller CBs this offseason.

Screenshot_20221227_133931_Firefox.jpg

Despite the D fighting valiantly in the 2nd half and getting a 3:1 TO ratio, the O only scoring 12 points is what did us in.

I think we can safely say that Troy Brown knows how WRs read defenses and adjust their routes and he knows how an NFL WR gets open. Jakobi understands these element as well. Our problem is that Parker is really just a jump ball / slant guy, Algholor is very talented but seems to shrink in crucial situations, and Tyquan does not have his routes down yet, even though it's evident he has the ability to separate when he makes his breaks.

Troy might not be good at coaching, though. Or translating those finer points to Patricia's Tinker Toy offense. Timing problems and sloppy route running have plagued this team all season.

Troy might not be good at coaching, though. Or translating those finer points to Patricia's Tinker Toy offense. Timing problems and sloppy route running have plagued this team all season.
Is it his job? The passing game coordinator, QB coach, WR coach, TE coach, and the OC all work these elements together.

The 2 fumbles by Rham and 1 from a month ago. I wonder if there will be any repercussions.

What choice do the have really? Bill still wants to win, so he's not going to rely on two rookies at RB vs Miami...

have I posted how much I despise Ian Eagle? He should NEVER be assigned to a Patriots game...ever.

At least admitted Hater Danny Fouts is no longer with him.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back