PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedard's on 98.5 today, and he's started off with the playcalling difference for the 2 QBs. I believe 98.5 now releases each hour of this show after it's over. I recommend people on both sides of the issue listen to this hour once it's done and released, if you're not already listening.
I think this is about the Patriots somewhat overestimating their talent at this point. The different playbook for Jones isnt about making him look bad, its about the coaching staff driving as quickly as possible towards an explosive offense that can compete with Buffalo and KC, not beat the Lions and Browns with ball control. They were probably willing to take some growing pains early if it meant better football come December, but frankly running that offense exposes Jones' limitations more than anything else. If his ceiling is more Cousins then Brees you can still win with that, but need to have a different offense and more talent around him

I think this is about the Patriots somewhat overestimating their talent at this point. The different playbook for Jones isnt about making him look bad, its about the coaching staff driving as quickly as possible towards an explosive offense that can compete with Buffalo and KC, not beat the Lions and Browns with ball control. They were probably willing to take some growing pains early if it meant better football come December, but frankly running that offense exposes Jones' limitations more than anything else. If his ceiling is more Cousins then Brees you can still win with that, but need to have a different offense and more talent around him
said another way, the offense from last year, or Zappe this year gets you to 10-7 and a blowout in Buffalo or KC in the playoffs. What they are trying with Jones has more downside, but only way only way they can keep up in a playoff game realistically.

Zappe wasn't good in the second half of this game however that TD pass to Meyers was perfectly thrown. Zappe threw the pass away from the safety over the middle... Meyers awkwardly twisting his body around made it look inaccurate.
I was also thinking Zappe wanted to keep it away from the safety, so that's why it was where it was. Meyers probably just wanted to keep his eye on the ball, so he didn't want to turn his head the other way to lose track of it. Probably remembers that wide open catch he missed (lost in the lights) against Hou I think last year.

I was also thinking Zappe wanted to keep it away from the safety, so that's why it was where it was. Meyers probably just wanted to keep his eye on the ball, so he didn't want to turn his head the other way to lose track of it. Probably remembers that wide open catch he missed (lost in the lights) against Hou I think last year.
What a Stupid play with a slow WR really took the air out of the Offense Fat Matt getting cute there. :headscratch:

Very clear that Jakobi hadn't turned yet. He did turn his head slightly left to look at #4 EJackson at the start of the throwing motion at the 24, so who knows if that influenced it. That being said, it's why BB's gotta commit to one QB to get reps and familiarity. I think it'll be Mac next week.

View attachment 46632
God bless you for putting this up here today. We can finally put that re tarded "bad throw" argument to rest.

Idiotic take from the beginning.

Correct. Anyone with a football IQ over brain dead knew the throw toward the outside of Jakobi is the correct throw.

Well, I can't argue with that.

That would have been your best position from the start. Absent information from the team/coach/players, the question of who erred on that play will remain unanswerable.

Correct. Anyone with a football IQ over brain dead knew the throw toward the outside of Jakobi is the correct throw.
It was a nice throw. Had Jakobi looked over his left shoulder he would've caught it in stride and run it in. Nice adjustment by him after his misread.

What a pathetic game. The PATRIOTS we're awful, Just terrible. I can't understand why I watched the entire game, I didn't expect them to improve.

With my Patriot friends before the season I said they would end at 7-10. I hoped that wasn't true, at the time, but based on the facts. They are proving my numbers to be correct, so sorry.

This coming Sunday the Patriots are traveling to Jets' land in the NYC area to be embarrasses again.

The offensive line, is there such a thing, are playing for the opposing team.

Let's not destroy Zappe, he could be a good backup QB.

C'mon Patriots prove me wrong.

Last edited:
It was a nice throw. Had Jakobi looked over his left shoulder he would've caught it in stride and run it in. Nice adjustment by him after his misread.

Obvious to anyone with a football clue. I always knew you were no dummy.

Did you know Jakobi's head wasn't turned before the ball was thrown? That was a lie yesterday.

Obvious to anyone with a football clue. I always knew you were no dummy.

Did you know Jakobi's head wasn't turned before the ball was thrown? That was a lie yesterday.
so ...your girl got eight years to serve in a Russian "work" facility...probably clearing icicles from the 1930's era rooftops...bet that really stuck up her azz, eh???

31187.jpg

so ...your girl got eight years to serve in a Russian "work" facility...probably clearing icicles from the 1930's era rooftops...bet that really stuck up her azz, eh???

31187.jpg
What girl? Are you talking about that guy who played girl's basketball? I missed some news it appears.

What girl? Are you talking about that guy who played girl's basketball? I missed some news it appears.
Now now now...no reason to be so dismissive just because she's a fan of the carpet...you should smuggle a file in a frozen loaf of borsht to her so she can escape and run to freedom...in China

For the Lazar's, Perry's, & Rob0s with the hot take on different plays for the QBs:

Watch the videos I posted on every Zappe throw at DET & CLE, the bulk were out of the shotgun.

That would have been your best position from the start. Absent information from the team/coach/players, the question of who erred on that play will remain unanswerable.
@Dingleberry don't talk about things until after you speak with Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down