PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, then who do you credit for 2016 when we had the #1 defense in the NFL?

We also faced a top 10 offense in NFL history that year as well.
Do u forget? Flores was on that defense as well. Players were even crediting him with putting them in position then.. do u remember or did u forget to mention it?

Do u forget? Flores was on that defense as well. Players were even crediting him with putting them in position then.. do u remember or did u forget to mention it?
And do you know who I think is really responsible for all the Super Bowl victories? Josh Boyer

Last edited:
For those that don't know, Brian Flores was with the team from '04 until "18. Brucshi, ty law Seymour those guys would always make reffence to him over the years for having some type of impact on thier game.. nothing against Patricia but Flores as evidenced in '17 had the D being more aggressive and an attacking front, man coverage away from the bend but don't break D..

So with the coaching purge on offense and defense we can all see the differences.. where would this defense be without judon!

And do you know who I think is really responsible for all the Super Bowl victories? Josh Boyer
I was going to say earnie adams, but u beat me to the punch. ! Great information

Asked Reiss about Myles Bryant and surprisingly, he didn't notice too many bad plays by him. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought:

Asked Reiss about Myles Bryant and surprisingly, he didn't notice too many bad plays by him. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought:

Really Ash: the best player on the Defense was Judson who couldn't do it by himself nuff said!

Really Ash: the best player on the Defense was Judson who couldn't do it by himself nuff said!
This is a good example of why every stat needs context. Judon also failed to set the edge all night long.

Boy !!.....the guys on the latest Pats Podcast pull no punches re the Bears game...worth a listen

That's why I don't give credence to his assessment that they are sabotaging Jones, but he is far from the only one who is saying there are two different playbooks for the two QBs. And he does break down film very well.
That might be true .But it also might be factoring into what the QBs want/can do. Jones ran a lot of rpos and shotgun in bama with vertical passing and they want to tap into that. For zappe its a Dont F it up type playcalls. Not saying its the right approach but that seems more logical than trying to purposefully sabotage a player who was the best rookie QB last yr. Bedard has some agenda vs patricia. Week 2 he got some lions sources syaing patricia is messing it up like the lions. After all the wins he quietend down and now is back again.
I dont say this often or ever about our coaching staff and BB but they messed it up with jones by overthinking and complicating things and in the process killing his confidence

This is a good example of why every stat needs context. Judon also failed to set the edge all night long.
I was wondering why he was on pundits Up lists for the game. Yeah he got a couple of sacks but was horrendous in the run game...which is a huge reason why they lost.

not a big chatham fan because he is really not very objective most of the times with team criticisms but this is an interesting point when evaluating PA passes for jones vs mac

from what I can see, for every good play Bryant makes there are about 3, 4 other bad ones each game. He is constantly out of position, seems to be the target each game on defense.

Maybe becuase he was to busy being a disruptive force all night in the backfield, meanwhile judon makes play after play while teammates give up the edge, even though we had some key guys out on D.. we still had more than enough to stop this 30th ranked offense,

Marcus Jones working more as an outside CB than in the slot seems like a pretty good hint that we’re not about to see him take over for Bryant there anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes