PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ONLY MAC's second year. He has played 3.25 games this year with new and inexperienced QB coach and OC and OL that is falling apart. I think he deserves more time and an experienced QB coach. I would absolutely bring Adam Gase in at this point before Judge does any more damage.
I do wish he would focus more on being the best QB he can be and not spend so much time trying to be the best teammate he can be.
They need to get Mac a Tyreek Hill type burner who can get separation and fast - these receivers are usable but no defensive coordinator is planning around them...until this team gets Mac some real speed he will never amount to being an elite QB like Burrow,Maholmes or Allen who all have burners at WR

Look..the entire league knows the Bears SUCK..their QB is a joke. I'll bet they don't score more than 14 next week. What they did tonight SHOWS that our team has a fatal coaching structure flaw. Poor tackling, poor coverage, poor play calling,and just a sense that this staff does not know what the hell they want to do. Anybody think they'll suddenly put it all together in NJ next weekend? Fat chance

They took Zappe out of his bubble tonight, and we all saw what that led to, once Chicago collected itself.
Still better than Mac though. What did you think would happen? That zappe would have every game in his career with 100+ rating and no picks.

Remember Brady second game?

Thanks Bill for all the shananigans by not fully naming a starter. How can you go back to Mack after benching him after 6 passes !

They need to get Mac a Tyreek Hill type burner who can get separation and fast - these receivers are usable but no defensive coordinator is planning around them...until this team gets Mac some real speed he will never amount to being an elite QB like Burrow,Maholmes or Allen who all have burners at WR
They need to keep Mac on the bench

I think Pats are hoping Thornton will develop into "that guy". Its hard to find these guys unless you trade a ton of draft capital )like Miami) or get lucky and draft one.
No top elite receivers are going to want to come to NE with this QB mess...and zero chance of competing for a championship.
Need to swing for fences with trade or darft

Look..the entire league knows the Bears SUCK..their QB is a joke. I'll bet they don't score more than 14 next week. What they did tonight SHOWS that our team has a fatal coaching structure flaw. Poor tackling, poor coverage, poor play calling,and just a sense that this staff does not know what the hell they want to do. Anybody think they'll suddenly put it all together in NJ next weekend? Fat chance

Why do you have to be the turd in the punch bowl? Way to put a halt to our celebration and bring everyone down.

Still better than Mac though. What did you think would happen? That zappe would have every game in his career with 100+ rating and no picks.

Remember Brady second game?

Thanks Bill for all the shananigans by not fully naming a starter. How can you go back to Mack after benching him after 6 passes !

I expected that Zappe would eventually play down more to his level. He did that in the second half.

If Jones is healthy, he, not Zappe, starts against the Jets. Don't fall for the talk radio ********.

Silver lining; This game not nearly as embarrassing as playoff loss to Bills last year.

Maybe Patriots should be selling at trade deadline and pick up draft picks:

1. Nelson Agholor
2. Kendall Bourne
3. Isaiah Wynn
4. Adrian Phillips
5. Bailey for a bag of balls

Why do you have to be the turd in the punch bowl? Way to put a halt to our celebration and bring everyone down.
I'm not like you...I PISS in the punch bowl...

Silver lining; This game not nearly as embarrassing as playoff loss to Bills last year.

Maybe Patriots should be selling at trade deadline and pick up draft picks:

1. Nelson Agholor
2. Kendall Bourne
3. Isaiah Wynn
4. Adrian Phillips
5. Bailey for a bag of balls
Not to shyt on your silver lining, but I think this was much worse.

The Bills have an elite NFL offense. The Bears do not have an NFL offense period.

A mercy kneel to avoid a 40-burger against a team that usually needs 4 games to score 40 is as bad as it gets.

Thornton's that guy. He's one of the fastest dudes in the NFL. 2nd fastest 10yd split ever in the combine. Watch Thornton run down KGordon after his INT, starting 3yds behind with momentum carrying him the wrong way then catches up to him in 35yds to push him out of bounds. They just need to figure out how to use him.

Can we start sh*tting on Patricia again?

First, we need to find out whether BB was honest, partly full of ****, or completely full of ****. Any other coaching blame has to take a back seat to the QB play/not play situation.

Him telling Aikman that he planned to use both QBs (during the announcer game prep interview), and his comments at the half, would seem to indicate that BB is not being completely full of ****, and maybe only partly full of **** in the sense of the timing of the change, if at all, but some here seem to want to believe otherwise.

Thornton's that guy. He's one of the fastest dudes in the NFL. 2nd fastest 10yd split ever in the combine. Watch Thornton run down KGordon after his INT, starting 3yds behind with momentum carrying him the wrong way then catches up to him in 35yds to push him out of bounds. They just need to figure out how to use him.
He burned his guy a few times from what I saw. Jones missed him in one throw by a little

Can we start sh*tting on Patricia again?

I'm going to guzzle some prune juice to produce enough fecal matter for Patricia. Trent Brown, Jake Bailey, McCourty, and countless others must be shat upon first.

Wonder if it’s less about Zappe and more about a message to Mac. “Don’t blow it or you get pulled.”
You can’t make him the starter next week after benching him like Bill did. If Bill had any confidence in Mac he wouldn’t have pulled him. If you play Mac next week what do you do ? You pull him again at the first pick?

Bill has to ride with Zappe now and see what he can do with him.

Bill really screw the QB position this week. He should have commit 100% to either Mac or Zappe. I wanted him to play Zappe exactly to avoid that type of scenario.

Now you bench Mac after 6 passes and it would look a little ridiculous now imo if you make Mac the starter next week.

First, we need to find out whether BB was honest, partly full of ****, or completely full of ****. Any other coaching blame has to take a back seat to the QB play/not play situation.

Him telling Aikman that he planned to use both QBs (during the announcer game prep interview), and his comments at the half, would seem to indicate that BB is not being completely full of ****, and maybe only partly full of **** in the sense of the timing of the change, if at all, but some here seem to want to believe otherwise.
He handled the starting QB situation very poorly. Playing games all week instead of announcing the starter on Friday was weird. He went from looking like a genius to a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes