PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bears beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
One of the most disappointing games in recent memory. Trent Brown was bad, our defense was bad, our special teams was bad, Mac was bad, Myles Bryant was bad- you get the picture.

Just a really bad game.

Let's discuss!!!

That game should go a LONG way towards show everyone that this team is really, really far away.

Bill is going to have to rehaul a good chunk of this team in the off-season and if we get returns on those players closer to Judon as opposed to Smith/Aggy then maybe it can be done in a single off season.

Not to worry. The game was only lost because QB1 wasn't healthy enough to finish, and we had to resort to playing some 3rd string hillbilly whose name I still haven't learned yet because it's entirely irrelevant, and we will never see him on the field ever again.

The GOAT will return to full strength next week to drop a 50 burger on the Jets again. He owns that franchise.

The real return of the Mac.

That Bears DL wasn’t playing when he called Mac out earlier in the week. They got Mac benched in only two drives.

N’Keal Harry revenge game was real.

1 catch 14 yards.

Bears embarrass the Pats.

Kind of crazy the Patriots were 8.5 point favorites. Extremely disappointing how this team came out considering how solid they looked over the past few games.

Zero silver lining in this game. Both quarterbacks were awful, special teams wasn't great and the defense couldn't stop a high school team.

At this point I do have to wonder what BB plan is because this doesn't seem like a team that's going to even make the playoffs.

I'm on the move on from Belichick train. He's a great coach and he's won us a lot of championships but I don't really know if he can turn this ship around again to being a championship caliber team. You can be a great coach but that doesn't mean your philosophy and culture can keep winning forever.

Just a complete a** kicking which confirms what many of us said at beginning of the year. Pats are a bottom third of the league team with an extremely mediocre roster. THe games against Detroit and Cleveland were meaningless no pressure games...so was this one.
The QB situation apparently is much worse than even the worst pessimist could have imagined.
BB's management of the QB situation tonight was horrendous. Ridiculous indecision about starting Mac and then pulling him with a quick hook.
I suspect the patriots had got a bit too full of themselves from the last 2 games.
Now in last place in the division and probbaly this is where they will stay.

Does BB have a plan and does he know what he is doing?

Bill just really screwed up the QB position tonight. Benched Mac after a bad interception killing whatever confidence he had left. Then zappe stinks it up In the second half and throws 2 picks.

What do you do now? Go back to Mac? Start zappe again? What if he gets blasted against the jets defense. Then do you go back to a Mac Jones that lost his confidence?

Bad,bad,bad.

Nothing to really add. Bears beat their asses and Pats were bad.

Bad pretty much sums it up tonight. Goodnight.

I’m on vacation in the caymans. My dad, who is down here with me but isn’t an avid sports fan, insisted we watch this travesty.

So far, I’ve got heavy blisters on my feet from walking too much, was unable to talk to the attractive bartender because he insisted on dominating the conversation and followed up with “Americans drive on the left side of the road. Oh, sorry, I wasn’t listening to you. We actually do drive on the right,” on top of watching the debacle. Trying hard not to commit patricide now. :notsaying::notsaying::notsaying::notsaying:

Jk, I love the man but I need a vacation from the vacation now.

What a roller coater. First part of the first half was Mac sucks. Second part was Zapee as savior. And the second half was ugh! We couldn't stop the run, Fields was too elusive and our OL didn't give Zappe much time. What a dissapointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots