PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread - #1 Seed Pats beat the Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player sucks, like NKeal Harry sucks, it's not worth wasting snaps to pass to him over 7 other better pass catchers. But yes kudos for finding a niche as a blocking WR that isn't worth paying anything beyond mininum salary for.
Could be worse, see Easley et al.

This perfect GM you keep comparing BB to doesn't exist.

Joe Cardona is an unsung hero who deserves a game ball. Really tough conditions to long snap in. One bad snap would have been disastrous.

Last nights game was a classic Belichickian mind fck of the the buffalo bills.... we didn't even need our qb to beat you. That will stick with mcdermitt and the rest of the team for the rest of the year if not longer.

McDermott was essentially asked if he was out-coached by BB.

McDermott replied: "Let's not give more credit than we need to give credit to Bill Belichick in this one. Whether it's Bill or anybody else -- they beat us, right? You sit here and you tell me when we start with an average starting field position at the 40-yard line and he starts at the 23-yard line -- and I'm rounding up in both cases -- and we were 1 for 4 in the red zone, and they were 0 for 1 in the red zone? You give me that ahead of time then I like my chances. I like my chances. So, with all due respect, it's not a Bill Belichick-type thing."

He basically said - "Let's not give Belichick credit. His team started at the 23 yard line and mine started at the 40 yard line on average. We were 1-4 in the red zone and his team was 0-1 in the red zone. I like my chances with those odds."

That's great Sean, except YOU LOST... the reason you weren't out-coached is because you had better opportunities to win than your opponent and didn't? How does that make any sense???

Boggles my mind. This is like if two guys ran a race, and the guy who lost was asked "do you feel that the guy who beat you is a better runner than you?" and the loser said "no, he deserves no credit. He had to run 100 meters and I only had to run 70 meters. He tripped and fell and I didn't. He still beat me anyway, but don't credit him, I like my chances in that situation."

• McDermott blew it. He should have taken the wind in the fourth quarter rather than the ball to start the second half. Sure, conventional wisdom is to get the ball first in the second half and it gives you one more possession than the other team. But he knew that odds were the Pats were not going to score a lot of points whether they had an extra possession or not and having the wind at his back in a tight game in the final minutes of the fourth quarter might give him an advantage.
It was a chess vs checkers moment. No way someone of McDermott's stature would call such a game or go so far away from conventional wisdom. I think his frustration post game showed that he knew he just didn't have the balls to go with a pure run defense since he still was afraid of getting burned by the passing game.

• Give credit to Mac Jones. I think most QBs especially a young one wouldn't take it well if the coaching staff told him before the game that he would be handing off the ball all game and won't make more than three passes all game. He seems to have taken it all in stride and was willing to do whatever it took to win even if he did very little.
I guess I'd go with less than normal rather than very little. He still had to call out the protections, not fumble the handoffs like Allen did when he pounded the ball into his RB's chest, continue on with the fakes, be prepared to jump in on fumbles, do a couple keepers. Basically his task was to play at a QB2 level, he did it smoothly.

I cannot see a way how the Bills have even a prayer in the rematch. They’re going to meltdown.
We've seen McDambitt melt down on the sideline, imagine what hes like as a coach, whining and biotching, pointing fingers and blaming his players and coaches for the loss. I can't imagine its good for team morale.

3rd sack ... thanks for playing though
doesn't change the fact that you need to lighten up. Why can't a sparingly used player celebrate success? I think the fact that he's got 2 sacks in 3 games he's dressed (totaling a whopping 39 snaps) is reason for him to celebrate.

This what I think too. Even if Belichick thinks that Jones has a weak arm, that wouldn't have stopped him from having Jones throwing. The fact that Belichick decided not to throw was him feeling the Pats could win a game where neither team would score more than in the teens in scoring.

This what I think too. Even if Belichick thinks that Jones has a weak arm, that wouldn't have stopped him from having Jones throwing. The fact that Belichick decided not to throw was him feeling the Pats could win a game where neither team would score more than in the teens in scoring.

Why bother throw. We were ahead the entire game and Buffalo couldn't score.

It’d be super cool to give Folk, Allen and Cardona ST players of the week. They deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots