PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread - #1 Seed Pats beat the Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody heard anything on Adrian Philips?
Break: How long does a hammy heal? Depends on severity of tear? That is why I thought it was stupid for him to be put back in the game.

And you to your closet. I've reported your post as homophobic, we'll see what the mods say. Meanwhile, I'd ask mommy and daddy to educate you on the modern world. Your joke is about as funny as a broken leg.
Humor is subjective.

Anybody heard anything on Adrian Philips?
Break: How long does a hammy heal? Depends on severity of tear? That is why I thought it was stupid for him to be put back in the game.

pro athletes with access to tons of treatment can get back from a strain rather quickly......the notion of a tear, however, is worse.....hoping they gave him a chance to go and then realized he just couldn't do it and they pulled him, and not that he ran on a strain and ended with a tear

The crying in Buffalo is so sweet to these ears this morning. Here in Toronto we have been hearing for the past two years how the Bills were gonna own the AFC now that Brady and the Patriots were done. I think they fully expected the Patriots would wander in the wilderness for 20 years like the Bills did before they'd ever contend again. They can't believe New England has turned it around in just one year.

On the Bills board there is talk that the NFL should have never allowed a game to be played under those conditions and it should have been cancelled. Now they want their new stadium to be a dome too. All because they couldn't run or stop the run.

What a bunch of wimps. Football is meant to be played in the elements. Northern climate teams embrace the weather and forge an identity because of it.
The only two north teams that play in enclosed stadiums are the Vikings and the Lions, and look at what they have accomplished. Nada
Move the Bills to Rogers Center? LOL

Huh? GB is virtually guaranteed to go 5-0. The only tough out is the Ravens and they've shot their wad.

In any event, knowing TB12 as well as you do, do you see him going 'eh, the schedule is fine, coast this week boys', or is he going to be intensely focused on one thing and one thing only, beating the team he's currently 27-3 against. The most wins against any team in the league.
How do you figure that GB is virtually guaranteed to go 5-0? How is it that you think Cleveland and Baltimore are just going to roll over for the Packers?

As for your 2nd paragraph, do you generally just make crap up? Could you show me where even remotely implied that Brady would not take the game seriously? You do realize that just because Brady is 27-3 lifetime against Buffalo means nothing, right? He's in Tampa Bay now. The same TB that barely beat the Patriots earlier in the season when the Patriots weren't playing their best football. This is the same TB that bracketed their BYE week with losses to the Saints and Washington. Just because Brady is TB's QB doesn't mean they are guaranteed to win against Buffalo.

Nobody, I mean literally 0 patriots fans on this site, would complain about the run-to-pass ratio if you told us ahead of time it'd result in a win

Weakest excuse ever for *****ing and moaning in the GDT. Real men don't say things like that.

I was as annoyed as anyone by Harry's brain fart, but:

1) He shouldn't have been back there in the first place, and

2) You're insane if you don't think he was absolutely instrumental in the win.
He sealed of fa lineman on Harris's TD.

Then sealed the edge on the 2-point conversion.

He sealed of fa lineman on Harris's TD.

Then sealed the edge on the 2-point conversion.
Last I checked those were two plays on offense.

The question is why was he out there as the returner on special teams which led directly to points for the Bills.

Weakest excuse ever for *****ing and moaning in the GDT. Real men don't say things like that.
Meh. We came away with a win. I don't really care. I just think there were about 5-6 spots where a pass would have been a much better option despite the conditions. So what, we would've ended the game with Mac throwing less than 10 passes. That's not a crazy ask.

I think it's funny that everyone likes to pretend there were only 3 good times to throw the ball, and that was on the 3 pass plays. You mean to tell me there were no other times where the fans calling for a pass would've been justified? Come on

He wasn't instrumental. There's a concept called value over replacement player. I'm not seeing that a TE3 or TE2 or minimum salary fullback couldn't do the same thing. It's like giving overly enthusiastic praise for a mentally challenged student.
Sure, except they're paying him whether he's on the team or not, other than a minor salary. More dead money than salary on a 1st-round rookie contract. You know that, right?

Ergo...

So yeah, it was the wrong pick. No one here disagrees with you that the horse is dead. You should hit it again, though, since the horse named Godchaux stood up and kicked you in the balls last night.

It's also fair to say that the Bills have had one glaring weakness this year which was recognised by some on here, and that was facing off against good running teams. They've given up 7 YPC against the Titans, 6 YPC against the Colts and just short of 5 YPC against us (with it being over 6 YPC during the game I believe at one stage).

That's a problem.
Seems we exposed their offense too. Losing John Brown makes a lot of difference to them. Manny Sanders scares no one at this point in his career. Our pass rushers were forcing Allen to throw early much of the game. Their RBs and OLs are pretty much replacement level, if that. The wind neutralized the long ball attack.

Allen isn't seeming to get the ball out quick like he did last year. I don't know if it's mental or physical or some of both. Our front seven kept contain most of the night, except for the play where Judon blew past him and he got a big gainer, but that was the only one. Judon confessed in the press conference that he made a mistake on the play.

It'll be really interesting to see how they do against Tampa, do they rise or do they fall? Tampa is a strong team overall. I'd love to see TB12 and his cohorts put a beat-down on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes