PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread - #1 Seed Pats beat the Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice he's wearing a sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off? Seems like BB is in his head!
meanwhile Belichick has moved on to making a fashion statement with his new jacket…

im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

doesn't change the fact that you need to lighten up. Why can't a sparingly used player celebrate success? I think the fact that he's got 2 sacks in 3 games he's dressed (totaling a whopping 39 snaps) is reason for him to celebrate.
So its a fact now, is it?

That's a pretty fu-ck-ing High and Mighty Opinion of yourself you got going on there chief.

Maybe a guy who plays sparingly might maybe want to think about playing instead of what kind of celebration he might make if he makes a play? Then he might actually play more than sparingly.

so in parting,

5KWSPzN.jpg

I want to know why Harry was out there returning punts and kicks in the first place. Isn't that Gunner's job? Harry's good at one thing and one thing only and that's blocking. There's no reason for him to be out there as a kick or punt returner.

SMH.. Gunner was out there as well. The Pats had 2 RETURN MEN on the field for that play. Gunner was the up man and Harry was the deep man. The THOUGHT process was that a ball knocked down or shanked by the punter could be handled by Gunner and Harry would be the back man if by some magic the ball didn't get blown out of bounds and got deep. As it happened, the punter lucked out and kicked the ball when the wind wasn't gusting. This allowed the ball to get deep.. However, the ball did get blown around some as it was coming down.. Harry should have just cleared out. Gunner should have been yelling at Harry to leave it alone. The ball bounced and bounced towards Harry, which didn't help matters and is why it graze Harry's helmet.

Clearly the Pats practiced this during the week. They didn't practice it enough, I guess.

The crying in Buffalo is so sweet to these ears this morning. Here in Toronto we have been hearing for the past two years how the Bills were gonna own the AFC now that Brady and the Patriots were done. I think they fully expected the Patriots would wander in the wilderness for 20 years like the Bills did before they'd ever contend again. They can't believe New England has turned it around in just one year.

On the Bills board there is talk that the NFL should have never allowed a game to be played under those conditions and it should have been cancelled. Now they want their new stadium to be a dome too. All because they couldn't run or stop the run.

What a bunch of wimps. Football is meant to be played in the elements. Northern climate teams embrace the weather and forge an identity because of it.
The only two north teams that play in enclosed stadiums are the Vikings and the Lions, and look at what they have accomplished. Nada
Exactly. This game was about Buffalo not being able to stop the run, not the weather. Play the game in a dome and we still run it down their throat.

PS: Buffalo can't afford a dog park, never mind a domed stadium. Asking for a domed stadium is like asking the team to leave.

I cannot see a way how the Bills have even a prayer in the rematch. They’re going to meltdown.
Hopefully it's clear and calm, NE goes out 5 wide, and Mac slings it for 5 TDs. Just to show them that we can own you any way that we want to own you.

So, all you Jonnu Smith critics, how's it feel to have him be targeted on 33%, and the recipient of 50% ,of the team's completed passes in a road victory over the might Bills' defense?!!!!
This here is why stats can be so misleading lol.

Wow! McDermott really threw Daboll under the bus.

Gotta figure that part out? Isn't that something you do before Halloween?

Last I checked those were two plays on offense.

The question is why was he out there as the returner on special teams which led directly to points for the Bills.
I'm amazed how many people think they know more about the skillset of the Patriot's players than BB. Or that they could coach them better.
I'm pretty sure he was doing what he thought would give the team the best chance to win

setting up Daboll as the scapegoat is underway
The Bills forum beat him to the punch, they wanted him fired weeks ago.

They did come up with a clever nickname for Daboll: Doughball!

Sure, except they're paying him whether he's on the team or not, other than a minor salary. More dead money than salary on a 1st-round rookie contract. You know that, right?

Ergo...

So yeah, it was the wrong pick. No one here disagrees with you that the horse is dead. You should hit it again, though, since the horse named Godchaux stood up and kicked you in the balls last night.
Don't encourage him, we'll get more John Carroll posts.

We've seen McDambitt melt down on the sideline, imagine what hes like as a coach, whining and biotching, pointing fingers and blaming his players and coaches for the loss. I can't imagine its good for team morale.
Seems they are in the "beggars can't be choosers" category. What top flight coach would want to move himself and his family to Buffalo given other options? Yet sooner or later a jerk like him gets tuned out by the players. Watching their two DBs walk out of the press conference is a bad sign of the organization's mental health. Yet who is going to want to work for the Pagulas?

Last edited:
Colts fans legit think they're going to win the game comfortably, say the Pats offense is 1 dimensional and that our defense can be run over lol :rofl:

So, one item from last night that I am still a bit unclear on is Brieda touching the ball and the ball still going out the back of the end zone.

Here is the RULE on kickoffs per the NFL's rule pages:

ARTICLE 5. FREE KICK CROSSES GOAL LINE​

It is a touchback, if a free kick:

(a) is not touched by the receiving team, and the ball touches the ground in the end zone.

(b) goes out of bounds behind the receiving team’s goal line;

(c) strikes the receiving team’s goal post, uprights, or cross bar; or

(d) is downed in the end zone by the receiving team.

Does B over-rule the fact that the receiving team touched the ball even though it doesn't say it? I had thought that it was similar to an erroneous snap on a punt..

I cannot see a way how the Bills have even a prayer in the rematch. They’re going to meltdown.

they should line up in I-formation and go deep on a playaction first play of the rematch

So, one item from last night that I am still a bit unclear on is Brieda touching the ball and the ball still going out the back of the end zone.

Here is the RULE on kickoffs per the NFL's rule pages:

Does B over-rule the fact that the receiving team touched the ball even though it doesn't say it? I had thought that it was similar to an erroneous snap on a punt..
It's not a safety for him merely touching the ball in-bounds and then it going into the end zone. He would have had to have gained possession and fumbled. You can muff a KO return.

I'm OK with Hyde there. He (they) didn't leave because of the questions, they left because the time was up. He's just asking that the questions be asked honestly, rather than with an agenda to create drama. I hear him saying, "I respect you all as professionals every week, and expect you to behave that way."

Sports Zcenter just showed Bills players post game interviews. They were shellshocked. Said “We will remember this” and I’m thinking yes, as PTSD. Then they walked out after just a couple of questions and very tense answers.

this will be in their heads.

I think the "we will remember this" comment was directed at the reporter fo "asking such a stupid question" and not at the Patriots.

The Patriots deferred so they were the ones who got to choose in the second half.

No, the Bills won the toss and deferred their choice to the 2nd half.
Patriots vs. Bills: New England outlasts Buffalo, wins 14-10 in a wind tunnel
I'm more confused now...... I thought deferring their choice to second half strictly meant receiving the ball.
Joe Cardona is an unsung hero who deserves a game ball. Really tough conditions to long snap in. One bad snap would have been disastrous.
There was a bad snap first or second possession which resulted in a 12 yard punt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back