PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Dolphins Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henne is already a good QB getting a ton of experience this seaqson which HAS to be a good thing for the Phins...I personally think he's a far better QB at this point than Sancheese...and Miami had no Ronnie Brown today, let's not forget THAT

Great post, geddie.

Yeah, FinNasty, I'd be curious to get some Pats fan's opinions of Henne.

I've asked Jets fans, but we know how much sense it makes to try to discuss football with a Jets fan. It's about as useful as the WNBA.

I don't think Brady's 100%, certainly he wasn't today. They showed a close-up of his finger during the pregame and it indeed was discolored. The coaches were keeping tabs on Brady's practice throws and he went running into the dugout followed by some trainers.

When asked about that during his post-game presser he said he had to "get some things taken care of" and added that he wasn't giving any hints as to what those things were. His finger? His shoulder? His knee? Something else?

The lighting during that presser was abominable plus it was the local feed but he looked like death warmed over while he was up there. He looked good outside during the game though. That aside, something sent him running to the locker room and whatever it was he's not talking.

Henne is already a good QB getting a ton of experience this seaqson which HAS to be a good thing for the Phins...I personally think he's a far better QB at this point than Sancheese...and Miami had no Ronnie Brown today, let's not forget THAT

I hope you're right. I'd just like to see what this kid could do with some actual NFL caliber WRs to throw to.

I do agree though that I think you'd have to say that he looks better than Sanchez at this point...

Last edited:
Also, for those supporting Maroney... Please answer why the coaches are afraid to put the ball in his hands in the second half when the game is on the line? Possible reasons... He has a penchant for losing yardage, he's got the knack for falling over on first contact, he coughs up the ball with alarming frequency, he needs a gaping hole to make a play and can't gain yardage once D's queue on the run and, to top it all off, has inconsistent hands. But I guess we should be comfortable with him as our starter and are off base to desire a change...

I cannot believe for the life of me that there are really posters on this forum who are stupid enough to believe this steaming pile of garbage.

FAIL!

I have been saying this for years but everyone seems to like to look to the other way. For as much as I blast Matt Light, and he does indeed suck ***, Nick Kaczur is far and away the worst OL in the league that has received starters minutes for more than 3 years. I challenge anyone to name a tackle worse than him that's started at least 30 of their team's last 40 games.

He's a backup ORT in this league, much like James Sanders is a backup SS in this league, I have been saying this for two years, yet for some reason our head coach decided to extend each as with starter money???? UM why?. Can I scratch my head like BB ?

Jonathan Wilhite is as bad as any defensive back we've had since Duane Starks. I honestly think we could sign Terrell Buckley or Artrell Hawkins tomorrow and they'd be as effective as Wilhite. It's doing the kid no good to play him right now. If the coaches do believe they have something worth holding onto with Wilhite, they have to cut back his playing time for a while. If he keeps getting torched like this he is going to have the confidence of an abused puppy. Ellis Hobbs would be a serious upgrade over any one of the CBs not named Leigh Bodden right now.

Coaches have no faith in our corners playing press coverage. Our lack of pass rush has something to do with it, but when you're corners are so bad that you're afraid to have them press on fourth and 2 late in the fourth quarter, there is a serious problem.

I harken back to the last two drafts. We worked out a guy named Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie the Thursday before the April draft in 2008. Michael Smith came on ESPN and informed us that DRC might be the Patriots pick after the trade down. BB decides to pass on this shutdown corner and decides to draft the draft's riser in Jerod Mayo. Mayo after making no impact plays last year wins DROY based on the classic "Tackle Total" stat and not based on the tackles for loss or sacks stat. This guy has regressed. Enough of the "he got hurt" BS, he's healthy now and is not making any kind of impact at all in this defense. Every tackle is after a gain or greater.

Give me a shutdown, lockdown DRC any day of the week over Jerod Mayo. In the same draft BB settles for Terrence Wheatley in Round 2. A short, injured CB from Colorado who flashed some speed and some technique, yet was hurt and didn't have alot of big plays in a weak conference ? We honestly need a true personnel guy in this organization, BB clearly isn't that guy based on a bad history of FA signings and really questionable draft strategy based on trade downs and trade outs into future drafts. I am sick of it. How about a trade up BB for an impact player, is that too much to ask ? How would Clay Matthews have looked on the outside in this defense. We could have had him. How would Lauriniatis or Rey-Rey have looked inside. How would Brian Cushing via a small trade up have looked in this defense ? Where is Ron Brace ? Why in the world are we letting BB make these decisions ? This has to change I think before anything else.

I harken back to the last two drafts. We worked out a guy named Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie the Thursday before the April draft in 2008. Michael Smith came on ESPN and informed us that DRC might be the Patriots pick after the trade down. BB decides to pass on this shutdown corner and decides to draft the draft's riser in Jerod Mayo. Mayo after making no impact plays last year wins DROY based on the classic "Tackle Total" stat and not based on the tackles for loss or sacks stat. This guy has regressed. Enough of the "he got hurt" BS, he's healthy now and is not making any kind of impact at all in this defense. Every tackle is after a gain or greater.

Give me a shutdown, lockdown DRC any day of the week over Jerod Mayo. In the same draft BB settles for Terrence Wheatley in Round 2. A short, injured CB from Colorado who flashed some speed and some technique, yet was hurt and didn't have alot of big plays in a weak conference ? We honestly need a true personnel guy in this organization, BB clearly isn't that guy based on a bad history of FA signings and really questionable draft strategy based on trade downs and trade outs into future drafts. I am sick of it. How about a trade up BB for an impact player, is that too much to ask ? How would Clay Matthews have looked on the outside in this defense. We could have had him. How would Lauriniatis or Rey-Rey have looked inside. How would Brian Cushing via a small trade up have looked in this defense ? Where is Ron Brace ? Why in the world are we letting BB make these decisions ? This has to change I think before anything else.

How do you know Mayo is healthy?

let's see the D is the same old D they pats went out and got all new corners but are they realy better ? it dose not say much about them when the dolphins and there 29th ranked passing game, can light them up

befor today the fish only had one WR with more then 300 yerd's rec

but ill give them a pass cause the pass rush is so bad one thing BB was good at was the blitz on 3rd down team's did not know where it was comeing from but now they have this straight forward, bull rush blitz. that team's are haveing no problem picking up

the OL is just not the same with out NEAL. yes Nick Kaczur, is bad but he will get replaced when Sebastian Vollmer, is back i am more worried about Koppen he has not played will this year

and they are going to get brady, killed with shotgun them's can just key in on the QB and hit him all day

and brady is slowly turning in to bledsoe blitz him up the middle so he can't step up and he will force the ball and throw pick's when the game is on the line

but this game was not lost by the brady or the D it was lost by BB not kicking a FG they lost by one but they should have won by two,

they are what they are like BB says

and what they are this year is the worst road team in the NFL

a predictable offense that will not run the football even when they have the lead

and a defense that can't get to the QB or cover a WR

I cannot believe for the life of me that there are really posters on this forum who are stupid enough to believe this steaming pile of garbage.

FAIL!

Please, feel free to offer a coherent argument to the points I stated about Maroney.

And to the other poster, since when was Kaczur our backup RT? He's started 61 of the 66 games he's been healthy for. So, yeah...

Edit --- To second poster, I misread your post. I see you agree, Kaczur sucks. My bad.

Last edited:
OH what do you know ! It's everything is just hunky dorey, JackBauer, Patriots pom poms for all !

Versus the guy who can't type in coherent English, and whose main gripe is that the Patriots don't draft to perfection every single year, just like, you know, every other team in the league?

But thank you for addressing my point.

Please, feel free to offer a coherent argument to the points I stated about Maroney.

There's no need. The Maroney topic has been beaten to death on this forum. All I would say is that you should check the archives, because you are woefully misinformed.

I'm not upset that we drafted Mayo. I'm guessing BB is putting much more on him this year in term's of assignments and commanding the defense. Not to mention he's on the field every down. That's a lot of responsibility to put on a 23 year old. I don't have doubts that Mayo will be a great player for years to come. This is a learning curve year but if you look at the other LBs around him from an honest perspective you'll discover that the rest of the LBs are borderline starters at best.

Thomas - Just a big, overpaid name. Doesn't wrap up, cover well or consistently get pressure. Not much else needs to be said here, it's been discussed in droves.
Guyton - Athletic, sure. Starter, no. At least not yet. Gets pushed off the ball and has trouble diagnosing plays. He'd be a great depth LB, if we had depth. Give him a few years.
Burgess - Worthless
TBC - Our only LB to get pressure, but it still only happens 1-3 times a game. He's another depth guy that's much more suited for situational play.
Alexander - Meh
Ninkovich - Meh
Seau - Meh, what can you expect, really?

Mayo would really benefit from the support of some other quality LBs.

Last edited:
There's no need. The Maroney topic has been beaten to death on this forum. All I would say is that you should check the archives, because you are woefully misinformed.

Nice, you win.

I guess none of those things I said about Maroney are true...

Clearly, today's loss doesn't get put on him. However, the point about how the coaches are afraid to give him the ball when it matters is unavoidable. If the coaches don't have full confidence in a player, he's got no business on the roster.

You're right. People have a right to vent. So I am venting on you. How about you (Please be quiet - edited) unless you know wtf you are talking about. The person that BritPat replied to was clearly a friggin troll. You clearly aren't intelligent enough to figure that out which is why you made your stupid statement. Do everyone a favor and think before you post. That way you don't look like a total douche.

Thank you for letting me rant.

Dude, my post was an excuse to joke, you should know about jokes (and douchebags).

Last edited:
The secondary has already been revamped. You don't want to replace Warren or Wilfork, and 2/3 of the linebackers are 2nd year players.

This notion that the defense needs to be retooled is just a way of excusing the current level of team play. The team actually brought in someone who's been pretty good at getting outside pressure, in TBC. The problem is that the team shipped out the only D-lineman that could be counted on to get pressure and draw consistent double teams.

It's not about retooling at this point. It's about avoiding stupid moves like the Seymour trade going forward and making up for those mistakes which have already been made.

Man, you've come around (and to think you use to be one of my most disliked posters). Stay away from DaBruinz and piling on and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Mayo is still suffering the effects of the knee injury obviously. He is nowhere near as fast as he used to be. There is no way in hell that Fasano is faster than Mayo. No way.

Man, you've come around (and to think you use to be one of my most disliked posters). Stay away from DaBruinz and piling on and you'll be fine.

I haven't changed on this stuff. As for DaBruinz and piling on, DaBruinz is right more often than he's wrong, and I'll continue to call people on things if I think it's warranted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents