PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Dolphins Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just frustrated. My eyes are telling me something and either BB doesn't see it or he is thinking it will fix itself. I KNOW he's not dumb enough to not see it, so...

Not sure there is much he can do with the personnel.. there is no one who can rush the QB.

Tully as our Number 1 pass rusher is NOT a good thing.

I have been saying this for years but everyone seems to like to look to the other way. For as much as I blast Matt Light, and he does indeed suck ***, Nick Kaczur is far and away the worst OL in the league that has received starters minutes for more than 3 years. I challenge anyone to name a tackle worse than him that's started at least 30 of their team's last 40 games.

Also, for those supporting Maroney... Please answer why the coaches are afraid to put the ball in his hands in the second half when the game is on the line? Possible reasons... He has a penchant for losing yardage, he's got the knack for falling over on first contact, he coughs up the ball with alarming frequency, he needs a gaping hole to make a play and can't gain yardage once D's queue on the run and, to top it all off, has inconsistent hands. But I guess we should be comfortable with him as our starter and are off base to desire a change...

Morris received almost every significant snap in the second half, and that says a whole lot about how the coaches view the RBs and Maroney.

BB really should have kicked the field goal before the half ended. I was screaming for him to kick it and I almost always support his decisions to go for it. really came back to bite us in the ***.

Jonathan Wilhite is as bad as any defensive back we've had since Duane Starks. I honestly think we could sign Terrell Buckley or Artrell Hawkins tomorrow and they'd be as effective as Wilhite. It's doing the kid no good to play him right now. If the coaches do believe they have something worth holding onto with Wilhite, they have to cut back his playing time for a while. If he keeps getting torched like this he is going to have the confidence of an abused puppy. Ellis Hobbs would be a serious upgrade over any one of the CBs not named Leigh Bodden right now.

Coaches have no faith in our corners playing press coverage. Our lack of pass rush has something to do with it, but when you're corners are so bad that you're afraid to have them press on fourth and 2 late in the fourth quarter, there is a serious problem.

Bottom line, when you have the same problems for multiple years running (i.e. lack of pass rush, corners you're afraid to have bump WRs, a RB the coaches don't trust, turnstile offensive tackles and repetitive, easy to read play calling), teams are going to start to figure out how to play you. These problems have been occurring since 2005. The shotgun and 2 sick WRs temporarily put these problems on ice, but it's all starting to resurface, and it's getting ugly.

Last edited:
Wow. Where's the faith?

I understand people being frustrated but this is too much.

Has everyone already forgotten the '08 Arizona Cardinals?!?

I'm staying positive that we make the playoffs and hope that we peak at the end of the season.

The season is NOT over! Everyone ruled out the Cardinals but they proved everybody wrong, peaked at the end of the season and were seconds away from winning the Superbowl.

This team is not done...
I appreciate your positivity and enthusiasm, but we cannot win on the road this year. We are not remotely playing well, we were better earlier in the season. We are not the 2008 Cardinals, we are the 2009 Patriots and it's not good enough this year.

I'm not angry and I'm not calling for anyone's head. I've watched enough football to know how hard it is to sustain excellence. We expect it every year and that in itself is a bit ridiculous. But it's not happening this year. I'll enjoy the rest of the season for what is...a learning experience for the team. And then I'll watch the offseason with great interest, because there will be changes, I'm sure.

its clear that McDaniels grounded Brady and could keep Brady fired up and focused.

Great call-out DaBruinz. I couldn't agree more.

Even the greatest of athletes need coaching and confidence. There are a number of things going on with this team on both sides of the ball, but IMO Brady is simply trying to do too much and is out of his comfort zone so to speak. Not sure if it's playcalling (don't want to totally blame O'Brien but there have been some questionable play-calling sequences lately) but execution and confidence are clearly not this team's strength right now.

Last edited:
Re: To all the "True" fans, am I allowed to feel this team has issues yet???

Tom Brady can no longer be considered a top tier QB, he is now in that 2nd tier.

*ROFLMAO* And you can no longer be considered a legitimate poster... God.. I wish people wouldn't post while they are drunk. It ruins the board for everyone else.

I am sorry but Hobbs is baddd. Looking at the replays on the last time the Pats lost two games in a row, the CB being burned was Ellis Hobbs III

Amazing that the division is still very much in play. Patriots own a tiebreaker over the Jets (division record), and are likely to NOT own a tiebreaker over Miami based on common record. I just hope that the division isn't still in doubt come Week 17... that Houston game looks more and more scary (road game, explosive offense).

Best case scenario now is that somehow the Patriots squeak into the 3 seed and Cincinnati gets the 2. Other than that, I can't imagine how this team gets another shot at Indy.

Man this is a tough loss. Pats are still in control of the division, but that is all they are in control of.

No pass rush is killing this defense. Absolutely killing them.

Not sure who to pin the offensive ineptitude on. O'Brien's 2nd 1/2 playcalling or Brady poor decisions.

Gotta raise your game, boys.

The trouble is that Miami wins the tie breaker just like last year. I

can't see the Patriots winning all of their remaining games. This

means that the Jets and Dolpnins have to lose a game or two. The

best thing that happened today is Houston's quarterback getting injured.

I haven't heard how bad. This might be the key game for the Pats.

Anyway, hard to watch the game today. Completely uninspired football. BUT, been a fan too long to let a setback in a winning season get me too down.

I loved the first Q. It was like the Indy game: looked as though it was going to be a walk in the park.

To me that doesn't even matter. If we don't win out we are doing nothing this year. Contenders will beat the teams on our schedule. Contenders will find a way to win 2 road games out of 7.

Miami and the NYJ are not sweeping their games. Pats will go 10-6 worst case and still win the division.....I think? :rolleyes:

I look forward to hundreds of threads telling us that the offense is fine, the defense is great, and those of us who've been talking about problems were just wrong because Belichick was certain to make all the right moves.

Great call-out DaBruinz. I couldn't agree more.

Even the greatest of athletes need coaching and confidence. There are a number of things going on with this team on both sides of the ball, but IMO Brady is simply trying to do too much and is out of his comfort zone so to speak. Not sure if it's playcalling (don't want to totally blame O'Brien but there have been some questionable play-calling sequences lately) but execution and confidence are clearly not this team's strength right now.

lot of times its brady...more than once he changed the play at the line to go deep to moss..

Please, just stop it. People have a right to vent. When they calm down they'll realize that this team SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. People have a right to vent. So I am venting on you. How about you STFU unless you know wtf you are talking about. The person that BritPat replied to was clearly a friggin troll. You clearly aren't intelligent enough to figure that out which is why you made your stupid statement. Do everyone a favor and think before you post. That way you don't look like a total douche.

Thank you for letting me rant.

You're right. People have a right to vent. So I am venting on you. How about you (Please be quiet - edited) unless you know wtf you are talking about. The person that BritPat replied to was clearly a friggin troll. You clearly aren't intelligent enough to figure that out which is why you made your stupid statement. Do everyone a favor and think before you post. That way you don't look like a total douche.

Thank you for letting me rant.

:youtheman: Praise be upon you.

Couple points I don't have this game DVR'd so bear with me...

Brady
-Is relying on Welker an awful lot (play calling and oline seem like factors), thankfully he didn't take many shots (today) but I might consider taking him off punts if we had a good alternative

-Clearly not having an offensive coordinator or Josh McD is really affecting the offenses rhythm and ability to sustain a drive

Offensive line
-Inability to block during crucial situations and made the run game a non-factor

-Allowed pressure during a three man rush, now more teams are willing to drop eight back after seeing the Saints do it successfully

Defense
-Dropped eight back way too often and payed for it

-I don't know if Pees isn't confident enough with our DBs to blitz more often in different ways because dropping eight back or rushing four wasn't the solution today (I would be more impressed if Henne picked us apart under pressure)

We have games left and progress to be made, someone please light a fire under this team (preferably during away games)

Bill's act is getting old PERIOD, the man isn't as good as he thinks he is

People like you are just clueless. BB doesn't think that he's good. That's why he's ALWAYS trying to get better to be more prepared. Because he quite humble in that respect. It's people listening to the mediots who think that Bill thinks he's a genius or something.

trying not to be negative. we still have a one game lead on the division with four to play. Carolina is up next. personally, I would not want to make playoffs... retool this defense and take it from there.

People like you are just clueless. BB doesn't think that he's good. That's why he's ALWAYS trying to get better to be more prepared. Because he quite humble in that respect. It's people listening to the mediots who think that Bill thinks he's a genius or something.

I think BB is a great coach, trying to do to much. I think he needs a little help. The OC needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe