PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Pats at Bills Playoff Pregame Discussion Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss does not sound that optimistic that Barmore will play on Saturday night :(

I think the Pats should take a page from the Buffalo Bills from a couple seasons ago. They went to Houston in the wild card game and really opened up the playbook and surprised them. Wildcats, philly specials, they threw the kitchen sink. Led 16-0 at one point but lost that game in OT.

I think the Bills back then were just like the Pats this year. Well coached. Win with defense and running the ball. A QB figuring things out. Not quite ready for prime time but not far off.

This was the Bills in 2019:
1641910364951.png

This is us this year:
1641910456872.png

Allen worked with a QB coach in the offseason and it's like he became a brand new QB the next season. Getting Diggs also changed everything for their passing game. Let's see Mac do that and also give him a true #1 target and then let's see how he does.

It would be nice if JC, Devin et al. would catch the ball. Pats seem to have had an inordinate number of dropped potential picks lately.
Complementary football. Offense is like a dropsies disaster area.

Much improved compared to the old Ian Eagle crew with Dan Fouts.
Yeah I think people just have a negative reaction to Eagle because he was paired with Fouts for so long, and Fouts was absolutely horrible. Eagle was rarely the problem. Now that he's on with Charles Davis, it's a big improvement. While I don't think the Eagle/Davis combo is particularly great overall, it is certainly bearable and they don't actively irritate me.

I see a lot of posters on here saying they need to let Mac throw. I think that is the wrong approach. Letting Mac throw is playing into the Bills strength and going away from their weakness. Buffalo has strugged at times to stop the run, which is the patriots' strength. You need a gameplan like the first game and pray it works. Establishing the run is the first thing that needs to be done, mixing in some mac passes. If the patriots cant get the running game going, it will be a tough day. The pats dont have any receivers that scare anyone, and the Bills have the top pass defense in the league. Run the ball down Buffalo's throats and keep their offense off the field. Wind the clock down and keep it close.

Tbh I think the Pats would have been blown out by Cincy. I don't think they will against BUF. I think it will be a low scoring grinder, almost like what the Titans loss a couple years ago was like.

Reiss does not sound that optimistic that Barmore will play on Saturday night :(
The fact that's even a possibility is crazy. I just assumed no postseason for him.

Where do you see that from him? We should learn more when the injury report comes out.

Vegas has this as a close game. The bills ML is down to -195. I expected it to be higher than that.

Tbh I think the Pats would have been blown out by Cincy. I don't think they will against BUF. I think it will be a low scoring grinder, almost like what the Titans loss a couple years ago was like.
Cincy is jeckyl and hyde. Hell every team in the AFC is inconsistent. Tennessee mostly do to injuries, but no team is playing consistant football. I think with the exception of Pittsburgh and LV would be next any of the teams in the AFC could get hot and go to the SB. No team is dominant. And I think Pittsburgh could go into KC and upset them this week. Kind of a win one for the Gipper moment. That would not surprise me at all.

I took a lot of criticism for suggesting it in the game one Bills thread, but I still believe BB has saved his best strategies for this third game.

Specifically on defense you saw it on the last play of the game in Buffalo.

Everyone screaming that they did not pressure Josh Allen enough in game 2 will be happy. The surprises planned on offense can be discussed in the Josh McDaniels is too conservative thread.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

2° at 9 pm, 20mph wind gusts, RealFeel® -10°

This will be worse than the playoff game against the Titans.

Zach Piller went from, "The Patriots suck, I'd be embarrassed to lose to that collection of no-talents" to "I'm freaking out, I can't feel my feet."

9 degrees on the road against the bills defense is probably the hardest playoff debut you could come up with for a rookie QB. The run game has to show up.
Today's weather is good to help the team, especially Mac, prepare for game conditions. Definitely better than turning up the heat inside to got them ready for Miami,

It seems to never fail, those dropped interceptions always end up killing us and leading to td drives.
You beat me to it! By a lot!

I think containing Josh Allen is the way to go...hopefully if we slow down their backs, this becomes a very good game for us if we can keep Allen from running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call