PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots vs Eagles Post Pre-Season Game Thread

Not as worried about the New England Patriots offense with a commitment to the running game as the New England Patriots defense.

After 12 training camp practices and 1 preseason game, I'm ready to cut ex-NY Jets Marquice Cole for a fifth running back on the 53 man roster. Logan Ryan can take over Cole's role on special teams.

You may be right.

As a rookie, Ryan should get the majority of his reps with the ST unit.

Judging from the small sample size of last evening, I don't want to see him on the field too often.

:confused:

Amendola was 7-10 yards open on his first 2 receptions. If you've got him below Dobson, and last, on this list, we were watching different games.

Yep, different games. Amendola had 1 catch for 6 yards. :bricks:

Yep, different games. Amendola had 1 catch for 6 yards. :bricks:

Yes, my mistake saying receptions. I meant the consecutive routes. 2 minutes in the penalty box for me.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one unimpressed by Collins. Maybe it's because of the hype, but he didn't live anywhere near up to expectations. He got bullied against 3rd stringers trying to set the edge and seemed out of place in pass coverage. Hopefully it's meaningless in the short and long-term, because an ILB that can cover is still a huge need. IMHO, Fletcher looked best in that role tonight. Collins sucked. Hell, Spikes looked better in coverage from what I was able to see.

The problem here are the "expectations." He's a rookie who hasn't played more than a single year in the same position in college. His athletic ability and intelligence got him drafted high. He's now playing for the best professional team of the last decade, and one of the best ever. The media hype gets translated to some kind of bizarre assumption that he should be able to step in and produce immediately.The only reasonable "expectation" is that it takes him much of this year to show production, and that sometime next year, he becomes a better than average NFL player. If/when he becomes a very good NFL player, something unusual and excellent has happened for the Pats.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one unimpressed by Collins. Maybe it's because of the hype, but he didn't live anywhere near up to expectations. He got bullied against 3rd stringers trying to set the edge and seemed out of place in pass coverage. Hopefully it's meaningless in the short and long-term, because an ILB that can cover is still a huge need. IMHO, Fletcher looked best in that role tonight. Collins sucked. Hell, Spikes looked better in coverage from what I was able to see.

How about we give the Kid more than ONE pre season game before we judge whether hes any good or not.

Can you explain the bolded part.

Sure, you have to seed about a third? of what you download, or be booted (or you can donate as an alternative).

For you non torrent people, that means leaving your torrent open for a number of hours after you download while others download the game off of you.

If you get in fairly early when they post a Patriots game, you likely will seed a lot and build up your ratio, because Pats games are popular. Having built a good ratio, you won't have to worry about downloading games a day late or old games, when you won't get many people wanting to download.

Saved my life when i was working weekends last year. Also a great way to amass a collection, if you're that type.

As someone interested in the draft, invaluable for me too. They've just put up a bunch of Patriot games from the 2000's in the last few weeks. Snagged them all but will no doubt never watch them. Thank God for 2TB external disks!

Sure, you have to seed about a third? of what you download, or be booted (or you can donate as an alternative).

For you non torrent people, that means leaving your torrent open for a number of hours after you download while others download the game off of you.

If you get in fairly early when they post a Patriots game, you likely will seed a lot and build up your ratio, because Pats games are popular. Having built a good ratio, you won't have to worry about downloading games a day late or old games, when you won't get many people wanting to download.

OK whats a torrent?

Let's not forget that one where he was so open he could have strutted to the end zone if Tebow would have decided to look at him on the play where he locked on Sudfeld, who was also open but Tebow froze like a deer in the headlights and got sacked.

The game plan for the receivers was basically thrown out the window once Tebow came in. I don't think Bill and Josh wanted Tebow in there until probably at the earliest the beginning or middle of the 4th.

Did that really happen? I know that I missed that play. Was this in the 3rd quarter?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back