PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official (not rumors) 2013 NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reached out to the guy and seriously asked him how legit and sure you are he said 80 percent chance it would happen you know these things always have ways to fall thru but this would be a reason BB didn't go after any other defensive backs besides retaining our own and A strong safety in Wilson.
So it makes sense and it would be awesome unlikely sure but the guy doesn't just feed rumors unless he has a creditible source.

Your bookie friend may be absolutely correct. That said, it's hard for anyone on this board to call him a "credible" source in the same sense as, say, Mike Reiss or Adam Schefter.

Lombardi would be hated for this deal. It's so unreal I'm calling it April fools as well.

No one's giving up anything for Ryan Mallett, let alone a 2nd round pick or Joe Haden.

I see Erika Leigh has decided to become a member of this forum.

I dont have a big enough post count to create my own but a friend of mine just messaged me that a friend of his who has ties to breaking sports news claims that the Patriots and Browns. Are in discussions for a blockbuster of a trade.
Keep in mind he claims this is a lock but like you I am untrusting but just thought I'd share what I was told if it does come to fruition we will all be happy.
The rumor has Mallett and our 2014 4th round pick to the Browns for Joe Haden a second rounder this year or next he claimed the patriots wanted a pick this year.
The rumor also claims the patriots are asking for a conditional pick next year as high as a 2.
This would be a true blockbuster deal and I believe robbing the Browns.
This gives us a top 5 defensiveback and instantly solidifies our secondary then we can focus on the draft for wide outs or defensive line.
Flame away it sounds to good to be true but if Lombardi really wants Mallett appearantly they are ready to pony up.
No Jason Campbell will not be their starter Mallett is their man and the Patriots would be crazy to Turn this down if true unless they don't rhino Brady has 3.more dominant years left.
Weak, BB won't settle for anything less than 2 1st and Joe Haden. and LOL at sending a 4th back.

Just for fun and since this isn't the first time Mallet to the Browns has been mentioned let's assume they are trying to come up with a deal. Let's assume Mallet is worth no more than a two and that we would except no less than a three.

A) What would it honestly take to include Haden?

B) What else could they be considering? Again be realistic.

No one's giving up anything for Ryan Mallett, let alone a 2nd round pick or Joe Haden.

Would love to get Haden obviously but player for player trades are rare and Haden hasn't been a bust in Cleveland, so I just don't see it happening.

So are we gonna get a passrusher in free agency or what? What happened with the Abraham deal? Now that Dumervil and Umenyiora have signed on with someone else, I think the Pats market has shrunk for vet passrushers.

Erika....GOOD TO SEE YOU

The funny thing is it isn't that far fetched the rumor was bb had a thing for revis
Haden is him but younger and Lombardi has said before you get your guy Mallett is his guy.
My friend says 80 percent it may not happen but it has merit.

The funny thing is it isn't that far fetched the rumor was bb had a thing for revis
Haden is him but younger and Lombardi has said before you get your guy Mallett is his guy.
My friend says 80 percent it may not happen but it has merit.
With the greatest respect ChrisR2223, I find it difficult to believe that the proposal has any merit. Cleveland would be stupid to move a pivotal piece of their defense when they should be looking to compliment Haden.

I agree with you it makes no sense to move Haden unless you believe you are getting a franchise qb in exchange.
This is the only reason you part with a top talent
Defensive backs are the second most important position in this passing league
Number 1 is QB so again if IF the rumor is true I'm just reporting it to you loyal fans like myself.

this deal could be determined by if the browns can get miliner at 6 if they could get him i could see this trade as likely but i wouldnt expect it to happen until very close to draft day

I agree with you it makes no sense to move Haden unless you believe you are getting a franchise qb in exchange.
This is the only reason you part with a top talent
Defensive backs are the second most important position in this passing league
Number 1 is QB so again if IF the rumor is true I'm just reporting it to you loyal fans like myself.

Browns would be stupid to trade haden IMO

Browns would be stupid to trade haden IMO

Pathetically stupid.

Joe Haden isn't getting traded. He is definitely one of the up and comers of the NFL in terms of talent and youth.

We're talking about a guy who had about 20 passes defended in each of his first 2 seasons, and also had 6 INT's in his rookie season as a first rd draft pick.

This speculation is silly.

Guys I have a source deep within the Browns equipment management department, he found a huge proposed deal in a pair of Lombardi's pants that he was washing.

3 Team deal with Browns, Lions, Pats we send 4 first round picks for SUH, Tonyto was sure right about that price tag!!! then we send Mallet for Joe Haden +4 first rounders. Wow BB gets Suh and Joe Hadden for Mallett.

I knew there was a reason we didn't do much this offseason!

My guy at dunkin donuts told me brady was being traded for sanchez...take it for what it's worth

My guy at dunkin donuts told me brady was being traded for sanchez...take it for what it's worth

Office coffee guy of the New England Patriots? Now that is what I call a credible source my friend! Any word on Fitzgerald to the Patriots I heard we might get him for Mallett and a bag of cheetos.

Office coffee guy of the New England Patriots? Now that is what I call a credible source my friend! Any word on Fitzgerald to the Patriots I heard we might get him for Mallett and a bag of cheetos.

I thought it was Doritos? Need 2 bags of Cheetos if no Doritos. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back