Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan1545d
its because the media loves to suck tom bradys ****

no one remembers how sanchez shredded the patriots defense in week 2 or how pretty boy was running for his life in the 2009 game or for that matter how keller was catching pass after pass from brett favre on nfl network in 2008, and if you wanna go back further how the jets dominated brady in the snow in 2007 during the best season ever for a QB no touchdowns 1 interception and we went 4-12 that year and ppl were picking the patriots to win by 50 cuz mangini turned in belicheat for filming teams illegally

--------------------
Response:

A combination of the Jets playing well and the Patriots playing poorly in the second half in week 2 was the cause for the 28-14 Jets win. I would not be patting myself on the back over that game. In fact, in light of the second game, I would not even bring it up at all.

The jets need to put up 35 points or better to win on Sunday. It is that simple. When looking at the total points scored for the season, I find that a nearly impossible feat for the Jets if the Patriots play even close to what they have been playing like the last 8 weeks or so.

NE points scored: 518
Jets points scored: 367

I hate when these moronic fans say stupid stuff like the press sucking Bradys ****. That is just stupid and makes all Jets fans look dumb. They are not giving him press coverage because they want to suck his ****. They are giving it to him because he has put up awesome numbers year after year and he deserves it. If Brady did not just sign a big contract and in the off season, Brady signed a 7 year deal with the Jets, you would all be helping Sanchez pack and you know it. Go ahead and try to lie about it.

As a 10+ year season ticket holding Patriots fan, and on behalf of my fellow Patriots fans, we welcome you to our home on Sunday. Good luck to you all.

Re: A Snippet from the Gang Green Forum... Hilarious!

That's really lowest common denominator stuff. Not sure I see the point of posting it here.

It is a post on the Jets fan forum (it may come as a surprise, but most Jets fans do not like the Pats). Fans here say the same the same about Manning (media darling, favorite of the competition committee, etc.). Not the place to go for objective assessments of the Pats, and I am sure you can find much worse about Brady and the Pats there without much difficulty.

Not sure what the fascination is with the commentary of the fans of other teams. If we wanted to see it, it is a Web browser click away. As fans of the opposing team, more often than not those views are the opposite of the views of fans here.

Last edited:
A Snippet from the Gang Green Forum... Hilarious!

Difference is... First game we had a rookie cornerback...now we have a pro bowl cornerback.

Gang Green is just a very immature forum void of any logic, class or maturity.

We're very lucky to post on such a well ran board, moderated by good guys and inhabited by good people.

Jets Fans are the cesspool of sports society. Why lower yourself into the abyss?

Looking at their board and JetsInsider.com, it looks like the Jets fans are trying to talk themselves into believing the Jets are going to crush the Pats 45-3 this time. They seem to be trying to convince themselves the Pats really aren't that good and the Jets are just far better than they really are.

I do think the moderator should start a combined thread of stupid things Jets fans say on their board. I think there will be multiple threads like this all week.

Ehh seen worse over there...

like this at JI
Could Sanchez' lack of accuracy be attributed to not being familiar with the more optimal playing conditions of a dome? He really looked like he was rifling them in there, just too high? Could going back to playing outside, his normal environment, be a benefit in disguise? If he was slightly more accurate that game would not have been nearly as much of a nail biter

Ehh seen worse over there...

like this at JI

I saw that one and responded to it. Of course throwing the ball in optimum conditions will throw anyone off. It is only logic.:rolleyes:

I responded back to the guy that not only was his completion percentage better than recent out door games vs. the Pats, Dolphins, Bengals, and Chicago; it is also significantly better than his average for the year.

I saw that one and responded to it. Of course throwing the ball in optimum conditions will throw anyone off. It is only logic.:rolleyes:

I responded back to the guy that not only was his completion percentage better than recent out door games vs. the Pats, Dolphins, Bengals, and Chicago; it is also significantly better than his average for the year.

You were too kind lol!

Looking at their board and JetsInsider.com, it looks like the Jets fans are trying to talk themselves into believing the Jets are going to crush the Pats 45-3 this time. They seem to be trying to convince themselves the Pats really aren't that good and the Jets are just far better than they really are.

So true. I agree that we shouldn't waste too much time over there but it's SO FUNNY to read how much false bravado they have. It's as if they went into Indy and dominated the Colts after rolling into the postseason.

Look folks, anything can happen on any given week but Jets fans are either nervous, delusional, stupid, or all of the above if 99.9% of them think that the Jets have a "Good" chance to win this week. They have a chance...and it's really not as good as they think. They underestimate the season this team is having. They underestimate how Belichick prepares his team. They OVERESTIMATE everything about their own team. It would be interesting to see how confident they really are by asking them how many of them would be willing to stake cold, hard, cash on the outcome. I'll bet they are not as confident under those circumstances.

Last edited:

Sanchez sucks! End of story!

I love reading the stuff our members are posting from their board. For those who don't like it, I suggest you avoid these threads.

Keep em coming!!

I would not bet any money on the Pats or Jets.

But I give them the same odds I gave against the Colts, Jets have a 40% chance to beat the Pats. IMHO

Eh, both fanbases are nervous. Neither can fathom the thought of losing this game, and hence why the Jest fans are running their mouths and the Pats fans are reporting on it.

It's interesting to read though...

But I give them the same odds I gave against the Colts, Jets have a 40% chance to beat the Pats. IMHO

Gunnails, I like your perspective. Earlier in the year, I wouldn't even be mentioning the Pats and Superbowl in the same sentence. Then, the defense started to respond, the biggest development being the rookie corner. The Moss trade then made the offense more reliable. This Pats team is not the same one the Jets played early on. If anyone wants to look at the win by the Jets as some type of even/steven then they are in for a shock. That doesn't mean the Pats will roll over the Jets like the last game, I don't see that happening.

Why would the odds be the same considering one game was played in a warm dome and the other game is going to be played outside in the freezing cold. We have seen that Sanchez does not play well in cold weather.

I think you are being too unrealistic about their chances. I would have said that the Jets had a far better chance of beating the Colts than the Pats before the playoffs started. The Colts are a flawed, depleted team that barely beat the Titans the week before. The Colts wouldn't have made the playoffs at all (and might not have even made it to .500) if they were in the AFC East or AFC North rather than the weak AFC South.

Personally, I would give the Jets 10-20% chance of winning. If you gave the Jets 40% chance to beat the Colts, then you should give them similiar odds as me to beat the Pats.

Last edited:

40% is definitely more reasonable than some of your peers on TGG board, but still high IMHO. Factor in:

• The Venue - Foxboro is traditionally a very hard place to play in January, last year's dysfunctional Pats team notwithstanding.
  • The QB's - Nothing I saw from Sanchez on Saturday would lead me to believe that he can be fully trusted to deliver this win...and the Pats WILL put the burden on his shoulders.
  • The Coaches - Until proven otherwise, Belichick still rates higher.
  • The Bye - Give a team that was already running on almost all cylinders an extra week to rest and prepare. Also, look at BB's record coming off a bye either in the regular season or the playoffs. Jets fans think we brought the kitchen sink the last time. They'll probably have a new sink and other new appliances to throw at them this time.
I give (generously) the Jets a 20-30% chance in this game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye