PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread Week 15 - Pats @ Steelers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or 05 and 09

Made a great playoff run in 06 with pedestrian talent at the skill positions (outside of Dillon)

I mean, it looked like he kinda recovered his balance...

The alleged tackle didnt take him down and losing your balance 3 yards after the fact really shouldn't count as a tackle but whatever.

The Pats defense was terrible in that half. Edelman was a diaster. Never threw or only once to Gronk. Pats offense went to sleep after the first Pats score. Usually Pitts coming back from behind at the start of the third, not this time.
If the defense is so keyed in on stopping Gronk, I wonder if the screen passes to White and Burkhead would be effective?

We’ve seen games where White will catch 10 balls. My guess is that they’re just sticking to their original game plan, which we’ve seen many times before.

The defense continues to get screwed. Every play someone on the Pitt O-line is holding WORSE than Trent Brown and yet it's not being called.
I’m glad bell isn’t playing. That would be bad

This is the saddest team we've fielded since 2000. What really hurts is that Brady's running out of time and they didn't do any better.

Yeah if only he had better options not bums like Gronk, Edelman, Gordon and White. I mean how can you work with that.

Still in it, down 1 score on the road against a team that’s DESPERATE to win. Considering how many plays we’ve left out there, could be a heck of a lot worse!

Good news is our defense has given up 10 fewer points than I thought they would by half time. That's so classic me underestimating them

Edelman's hands have always been suspect. This isn't a new phenomenon. Doesn't mean he's not a great player, but he's always had a number if inexplicable drops every year. Pretty sure he led the league in drops a couple years.
Both those drops he let the ball get into his body as opposed to snatching it

And he’s won 5 rings 8 afc titles and countless division titles. We’ve seen success that any other fan base would only dream of. This squad has major weaknesses (especially on defense) but the talent is there to make a deep playoff run. Let’s try to enjoy the ride.

Doesn't feel like this is our year, honestly. This defense is really bad and schemes can only cover up the warts and lack of talent so much. Away from home the offense has been inconsistent or nonexistent. If they don't win out and KC and LA drop some this outfit will be playing the wildcard and forced to win on the road. A real struggle this year.

All things considered we are fortunate to be down only 7. But there needs to be serious improvement on both ends to win this game. Offense especially so. They haven't done diddly squat since that one TD play.
two drive killers: jules drop and browns holding

Ehhh I think half of his lower leg/high ankle was on the ground

I'm too hot to have noticed that but if so then whatever. It's on the Pat's go going to the well too often on that junk receiver.

He should of been stopped 4 yards prior and honestly didnt show the skill set to get that first down because he should of barreled through the first defender and met the second one at the first down marker but he didnt cause he sucks and tried to reroute him self a different direction from a point of stoppage and no running head start.

Has any other team had an offensive play analyzed and scrubbed like the Pats.....”there ....his left tibial plateau grazed the grass clippings!”

You saw a shin down? I didn't see that on the super slow mo replay.

The main reason that overturn sux is because Belichick challenged a really bad spot 2 weeks ago and we were told they just don't overturn bad spots unless they are egregious.

This one was not inconclusive at all. I didn't see the shin hit down at all.

Gonk is a shell of himself, sad to say.

It's half time. Patterson's 3rd down play is ancient water under the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes