PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread Week 15 - Pats @ Steelers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I agree that the officiating has been pretty questionable. It has been for the past 4'ish weeks, and it seems like a trend at this point, not a fluke.

Watching the way Patriots' receivers are being defended down the field, it seems surprising that not a single penalty has been called on Pittsburgh's secondary, given what has been called on New England's secondary.

You can hypothetically call a penalty on every play. It's about what you choose to penalize, against whom, and when.

All you ask for is consistency in the aforementioned three categories, and there certainly hasn't been any consistency in those regards.

Last edited:
Hard to watch this team play right now.

The defense lacks talent and is entirely uninspiring to watch.

The offense always seems to be a step-slow tactically and executes poorly. Just inconsistent, and certainly more frustrating to watch than the defense. The defense is just bad. The offense should be very good but is shooting themselves in the foot.

Story of the whole season, really.

Then please, by all means, Stop watching and insisting on regaling everyone with your moaning and groaning..

Hahaha. Go watch some highlights of our 2002 squad.

We weren't sure if Brady was the guy and he was still young. Dude's 41 now. We're at the tail end of his career no matter how much it hurts to admit. And it really hurts. :(

Past few weeks Patriots offense seems to look good most of the time but consistently sputters, need to figure out how to finish some more of these drives.

Shin and forearm have always counted as down. It was going to be overturned every time. The amount of people complaining about a bad call or a fix is really embarrassing.

You know. That one armed dude out in Seattle.

I wonder.if his forearm would put him down or if they would count that as his hand.

I'm almost sure they wouldn't say his forearm is down.

Said this before but if we go 3 and out to start the 2nd, it will get ugly. Even if we score I don’t feel good because this defense couldn’t stop the lucky charms leprechaun right now.

What happened to down by contact? I'm confused. I thought it was only in college where you were down when you fell. He rolled on purpose to get that last yard.

Because he was falling down as a result of contact from a defensive player. He was down by contact as a result.

If someone tries to tackle you and you stumble out if it but fall down a few steps later they always call that down by contact.

It was. Chances are the same posters would be disagreeing in going for it if we didn't make it

Agreed. Rules stat any body part other than hands or feet. Tough half of football. Lucky to be only down 7. Still another half to go. Let’s get this one evened up on our opening drive

The Pats defense was terrible in that half. Edelman was a diaster. Never threw or only once to Gronk. Pats offense went to sleep after the first Pats score. Usually Pitts coming back from behind at the start of the third, not this time.

Shin wasn't even down. His ankle maybe, shin was off the ground the whole time.

But they NEVER overturn bad spots when they are close, especially when the replay is inconclusive.
I don’t get why couldn’t have rolled as far as he wanted.. he was not going down from a hit or contact after he recovered to go further

And if you don’t get it, your putting a defensive unit that has been extremely fortunate to hold Pittsburgh to 14 in a tough spot with them taking over on the 40-39 yard line in New England territory. Punting was the right call.

The way we’re playing is horrendous and we’re quite lucky to only be down one td.

Maybe they should just punt on first down

Why has Edelman turned into Wes Welker?

Every time we need a big catch from him he drops it. And it completely shifts momentum.

Welker was a really good football player. He’s one reason Edelman is the player he is.

The defense isn't this team's fatal flaw. It's the offense. The line isn't good enough, Brady isn't good enough. They could still by some miracle win a Super Bowl - anything is possible - but it would be one of the worst Super Bowl winners in history.

Shin!? Another of those calls never seen before it disadvantaged the Pats and never to be seen again.
Nah. It’ll benefit us. Probably in the playoffs or the super bowl. During the offseason the outcry will be so loud, they’ll have to change it. Then I’ll spend the next 20 years arguing thatI knew it was a rule because it went against us earlier that same season.

Ok only down by 7. We need to strike comin out of HT. I like that stat with Steelers giving up 33 pts in 2nd Half. Let contribute to that and J.Mac be more aggressive with play actions and White.

Have the Steelers been called for any penalties?? Joined the game late, but. Still seem to be one-sided…

Are you blind? His shin was down and it was pretty clear.

Where has gronk been and why is he not on the roids.

Hes been invisible and when Patterson has passed you on bradys go to list it's time to hang it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST