PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Raiders

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Miami game has the potential to get real ugly. Not looking forward to it because this team is not ready for the regular season, not even close.

JJ Taylor is scrappy. Montgomery's injury probably helps him stick...
He's been better picking up the blitz this preseason, which was a knock against him in past years. Seems like he's finally settling into his own. I agree, I think if Montgomery is out for any extended period, I'm glad they have him.

Didn't Taylor look better than Pierre strong?

Saw dameon pierce the other night and he was solid. Strong and Harris have looked pedestrian.

I’d recommend not to get too high or in tonights case too low on the team. It’s preseason.
I normally appreciate this kind of positivity. Here’s the problem though. We’re seeing tonight what has been reported much of the offseason. Troubles blocking in the run game. Troubles blocking in the pass game. Lack of consistency in being able to sustain drives. There’s been far too many instances of Mac looking uncomfortable. Reports of him slamming, throwing, yelling. All in frustration. Bill is going to be the biggest x-factor. Once the game planning gets goin’, how much of a difference is it going to make? But, what we’re seeing has been what’s been getting reported. I’d love it if once the regular season starts, they just switch it on and show a different team, but what are the chances that’s gonna happen?

That Miami game has the potential to get real ugly. Not looking forward to it because this team is not ready for the regular season, not even close.
You come off a humbling game like tonight, that's plenty of motivation to hopefully get better before week one. I like their chances a little better against McDaniel than Flores, but obviously, they're going to need to play a lot better by then.

He's been better picking up the blitz this preseason, which was a knock against him in past years. Seems like he's finally settling into his own. I agree, I think if Montgomery is out for any extended period, I'm glad they have him.
Yeah, I do think JJ has improved a little bit but has never really elevated to being a starter-level player. That said, he has some value on the roster. Montgomery would displace him, but if Montgomery is out for a little while and they potentially IR him, even if it's a short-term IR move, JJ makes sense to be the guy to fill the void. Then who knows what things look like when Montgomery is healthy.

Reactions: Ian
Pretty sure I saw Pola-Mao in the middle of the field, right behind Bourne.
You did, after Mac moved around to buy time and Bourne moved back. I checked the replay from the goal line angle too; Both safeties were deep.

All games with MIA are ugly
I was feeling like playing in Las Vegas tonight would help but then they've got two weeks before they head south. It's going to be tough and obviously they didn't show a lot tonight to make you feel overy confident.

Postgame thread will be interesting.

Yeah I guess that frame looks considerably better than the point of the pick i just looked at. I can understand it there, he just missed the LB underneath.
Still tough, though. When you look around, he needed to get rid of it right then and everyone else around him was also covered. Still didn't really have anywhere to go with the ball.

I normally appreciate this kind of positivity. Here’s the problem though. We’re seeing tonight what has been reported much of the offseason. Troubles blocking in the run game. Troubles blocking in the pass game. Lack of consistency in being able to sustain drives. There’s been far too many instances of Mac looking uncomfortable. Reports of him slamming, throwing, yelling. All in frustration. Bill is going to be the biggest x-factor. Once the game planning gets goin’, how much of a difference is it going to make? But, what we’re seeing has been what’s been getting reported. I’d love it if once the regular season starts, they just switch it on and show a different team, but what are the chances that’s gonna happen?
I want to feel positive too. Some practice day reports lift you up, but today's performance vs a competitive team shows us where we stand. Considering that they were playing back ups and we were playing starters.

Mac's confidence must be at all time low .
How can you keep buying into new philosophy unless you start seeing some results .

The process might work , but if the players confidence is shot and buy in stops midway then it's all moot.

There needs to be a balance . And the amount of external noise is so huge now.

If they perform badly in opening games I could imagine lot of booing . That's going to impact players a lot more.

This year unfortunately the ability to withstand a losing season amongst fans would be low. So if we fail to make playoffs or have a losing season, pressure on Jones is gonna be over the roof.

You did, after Mac moved around to buy time and Bourne moved back. I checked the replay from the goal line angle too; Both safeties were deep.

From what I could see, Raiders had Masterson parked over the middle to take away the easy under. His eyes were on Mac all the way so the middle was closed all the way through, and Mac just threw it in there anyway. Was that C2 just a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST