PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect to see some JJ this week.
I hope so. Harris was gassed last week. Putting him back in for that play where he fumbled was clearly a mistake in hindsight. We should cap Harris at 15 carries until he proves he can handle more. Not a big guy. This is why you need more RBs active. if a rookie screws up an you bench him, then basically your left with White (who is a 3rd down back) and Harris who can't carry the load. I think there would have been much more value having JJ play last week over Bolden. Even if he only had a few touches. It would have allowed us to give Harris a break when he was tired and I don't think Bolden is all that great a Special Teamer anymore anyway.

Not disagreeing with you, but after last week where both fumbles and pass pro were suspect; the odds are they'll stick with known vets vs getting youth the ball - especially in the "must win" nature of the game.
Although I didn't watch him personally, supposedly his fumbling was a problem at Oklahoma but his pass protection was really good, but both looked pretty bad in limited time in his first NE game.

What happened to Van Noy?

Stevenson on a time out is disappointing.
Honestly, I liked Taylor more. Not that I hate Stevenson. I just think Taylor is more dynamic and can have a bigger impact.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
So you're projecting him in the Woodhead/Burkhead....err...the "Head" role then?
I see him very much like Woodhead.

Woodhead was rb2 but he was also played a lot in the 12 personnel especially in hurry up and 2 minute.
Since we have white, his role this year will be less, but next year I see 2010 type setup with Harris as Bjge and Taylor as Woodhead (assuming he grows into it)

I get that Gilmore is out but he's acting like they are down to having to playing Edelman at slot and Slater at S .

Where does he say anything like that in this tweet?

1632066714573.png

Stephenson's career lasted one game. Ouch!

That leaves Harris as the only actually RB, everyone else is a 3rd down back.

Should never have traded Sony

I think it's far more a case of him just not being NFL ready than just that one "fumble." More concerning are the blitz pickups he blew- he got flattened on one.

He'll get another chance, just not today.

If the Pats don't dominate today against this Jets team, there is definitely something wrong...
I feel like Mac is just trying to be the perfect team mate and is in full prove himself mode. Not unusually for a young guy just starting out and trying to establish himself in a room full of vets in any profession. I doubt he keeps this up for more then a year, but it's not a bad look at all. It shows he wants to earn their respect. I just hope once he does and he feels at home in that locker room he can keep some of that same fire and earnestness. Though I would hope in a more tame manner. Acting this exact same way at year 5 would be a bit cringy lol.

I think it's far more a case of him just not being NFL ready than just that one "fumble." More concerning are the blitz pickups he blew- he got flattened on one.

He'll get another chance, just not today.
Harris had a bigger fumble.

What's up with KVN??
The others are not a surprise. Not sure how good Asiasi is if he can't get on the field as TE#3 to spell the 2 studs.

KVN suffered a throat injury during the game last week.

You're reading too much into Asiasi not being dressed. It's more about what other positions are needed (like the Pats having their 4 healthy OTs dressed).

Things to watch in running game:
1) Whether The Omen can revert to his usual form in terms of ball control
2) whether/how much Kid Dynomite can make of the slightly less crowded backfield
3) how long Dre is on punishment for.

(forgive me if (3) is more than an inactive status this game, that's all I saw.)

Honestly, I liked Taylor more. Not that I hate Stevenson. I just think Taylor is more dynamic and can have a bigger impact.
Except that Taylor can't pass protect to save his life. And Taylor isn't nearly the punishing RB that Stevenson is..

Although I didn't watch him personally, supposedly his fumbling was a problem at Oklahoma but his pass protection was really good, but both looked pretty bad in limited time in his first NE game.
4 fumbles at JuCo. Cerritos College Athletics

His fumbles at OU must be classified. Not even listed on the OU Sooners page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back