PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Jets @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Godchaux active after missing all three practices this week. Glad to see Shaq active as well...should help the o-line.....surprised by Rham being inactive...JJ needs to step up today. Joejuan Williams also active, he needs to play better than he did against Houston.

Let's hope our TEs continue to expand in their usage and results.

What's wrong with Hightower?

Disappointing to see rham out, he made some nice playys last week, but did screw up on a blitz pickup. Hope to see jj involved in the 3rd down role a bit

I think LG has the biggest impact on how LT plays. For the LG position experience and communication is more important than talent. I will not be surprised if less talented Ferentz at LG and more talented Onwenu at RT show the biggest improvement in OLine play.

Ferentz is not an NFL player. He is disciplined and knows what to do - but thats all. He is overpowered immediately every single snap. That crucial penalty that took TD away was on him just not being able to hold his block for half a second. Run blocking is not much better.

Herron had a very bad game again so from the left Mac and RBs were unprotected basically the whole game.
Pats were playing with 2 NFL OL until Onwenu came in at RT. Andrews and Karras carried the whole line. Monster game by both.
And then people expect McD should open up the playbook. Or Jonnu to have a breakout game on deeper routes that would kill Mac.

Onwenu solidified RT so i hope they finally keep him there until Brown is ready.

Good news Mason is active. They really need to solidify this unit if they want to have any kind of progress on offence and use weapons.
Unfortunatelly WRs are no help blocking outside Harry and Henry is still far from his blocking form as well.

Im starting to think Wade isn't hurt and that comment about practice is the reason he's never activated.
I was excited about the trade well I guess the Wade Autos I honest to God bought will rot with the Joejuan Williams, Kneal Harry and Chad Jackson ones.

I just finally had the heart to donate my Chad Jackson and Laurence Maroney and Brandon Merriweather and Andy Kayzemoyer Jerseys to Goodwill.

Evan Lazar

@ezlazar

·
19m

The #Patriots healthy scratch rookie RB Rhamondre Stevenson, and I got nothing. One of those decisions you have to chalk up to the coaching staff knowing something we don’t about the player or game plan.

I don't understand this either. Why can't we have Rham and JJ active at the same time ?

Im tired of "moral victories". The media and fans think we suck.

The question is.. what will our Pats do about it? Win this game.

Evan Lazar
@ezlazar

·
19m

The #Patriots healthy scratch rookie RB Rhamondre Stevenson, and I got nothing. One of those decisions you have to chalk up to the coaching staff knowing something we don’t about the player or game plan.

I don't understand this either. Why can't we have Rham and JJ active at the same time ?

Until Stevenson learns (and then executes) pass protections/blocking his status will depend on game plan and injuries . esp with iffy OL.

What's wrong with Hightower?
Really could be a question for the entire season. From the last time we saw him making plays:

A year off + 2 years older = Retirement looming at the end of this season

Jakobi TD before XMas, please.
That might be one of the funnier subplots of the season. He just keeps finding ways into the endzone without the credit for a receiving TD. Look for him to get one on the ground next.

Until Stevenson learns (and then executes) pass protections/blocking his status will depend on game plan and injuries . esp with iffy OL.
Great. So we get a hobbled Harris and Bolden in the red zone where Stevenson can at least be effective.

Really could be a question for the entire season. From the last time we saw him making plays:

A year off + 2 years older = Retirement looming at the end of this season
So he's a healthy scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results