PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Dolphins @Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because if there’s one thing Belichick’s teams are known for, it’s for not improving and reducing penalties and turnovers as the season goes on…..
What happened today was very un-Belichick. We had back-to-back 15 yard penalties on the drive to try to take the lead. A gut punch fumble at the end that did not even look like much of a hit that knocked it out and then our D was steamrolled the final Miami drive with them never passing and running out the clock.

Slow start, lot's of goods things to draw from, lots of errors to work on. Sounds like a standard Week1 one in New England.

Mac passed his tests today - but the exam goes on. James White sent a notice to the rest of the RB stable - will they listen?

All in all - not worried. Lot's of young talent thrust into the spotlight, lot's of learning to do, but the talent is there.

Losing a game like that is pathetic. Mac played really well as did our WR's, there is hope going forward but they need to stop with the sloppiness .

what a shock a bogus call by a clete blakeman crew was basically the difference in the game.

I hope everyone who ran Sony out of town is happy. Stephenson has fumbled in every game he has play in. Leaving Harris as the only RB.

I’m sure that 5th rd pick will be great.
Fans didn't run him out of town. Hate to break it to ya but BB doesn't consult the forums before making decisions.

Why do you write off this year already, but expect better next year?

Mac played well enough to win. The rest of the team let him down. What reason do you have to expect the rest of the team to be better and not worse next year?

let’s not give up before the games are played.
I predicted 9-8 before the season. Next year our rookies will take a big leap forward especially Mac, and I think the team will have figured out its identity and the right players to go with it. We'll be a force to reckon with. This year who knows? I'm just enjoying the ride right now.

What happened today was very un-Belichick. We had back-to-back 15 yard penalties on the drive to try to take the lead. A gut punch fumble at the end that did not even look like much of a hit that knocked it out and then our D was steamrolled the final Miami drive with them never passing and running out the clock.
This crap happens with the team all the time early in the season.

Week 1 in Miami in 2014, 2nd half disaster.
Week 2 at home against Cardinals in 2012, crappy performance all game, 4th quarter comeback stymied after Gronk TD hold and Gost shanked game winner.
Week 3 in Baltimore in 2012, a penalty disaster (many of those were replacement ref disasters, but lots of legit ones on).
etc.
Week 1 against Buffalo in 2006, Wilfork personal fouls

Point is, the team in November looks a lot more like what you expect out of BB than in the first few weeks.

Pats shot themselves in the foot too many times with turnovers and penalties. Mac played great. Dolphins are good.

it seems like every year Miami gets a fluke win over us...

Mac
29-39 281 1 TD 0 INT 102.6 rating.

Not a bad start at all. That's a good defense he faced today. And he'll get even better.

A game the pats had won. I’m so angry they blew it. And the signs of a great D is getting the ball back at the info after a TO. They ran it right down the pats throat and won.

Post game thread is up - sorry it took a bit, the site is going extremely slow for me. Locking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes