PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Carolina @ Pats Preseason game 2

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WBZ guys so lost. Thought it was a safety until the kicker came out.
Yes, there were times they had no clue who was in the game or who made the play. Made strange suppositions. Disappointing night for Soci/Zolak.

Yes, there were times they had no clue who was in the game or who made the play. Made strange suppositions. Disappointing night for Soci/Zolak.
That's pretty much how Pats preseason coverage has been for as long as I can remember (which is about 12 years back). At one point, they forgot the Panthers were on offense and talked about how Zappe was the one passing.

Also, I don't know if it was just the stream I was watching, but there were maybe 10+ hot mic moments between game segments. I was really hoping they would say something embarrassing, but they probably know to act like the mic is hot at all times.

At this point I'm starting to think Bill might use Wilkerson's head injury as a reason to keep him on IR. He'll carry Wilk on the 53 as an extra WR then IR him and re-sign a player at another position to fill the final roster spot. Something like:

Parker - Agholor - Meyers - Thornton - Humphrey - Wilkerson
Bourne traded
IR Wilkerson after waivers clear

Then you can carry 5 WRs and have Wilkerson available after a few weeks if you sustain an injury to your WR group. Also probably try to get Nixon to the PS.
Yup

Thats my top 5 WRs with Slater as 6th.

Well, the man is a rocket scientist…. Jones didn’t say he was brilliant at football, just that he was brilliant… :)

Actually, I suspect Patricia’s problem is the typical problem with those types of people— being able to actually communicate it in a way the average player understands. That’s the true brilliance of Belichick — not only being among the best at strategizing, but being the best at communicating that to the players. We hear that all the time from players - how he’s able to simplify the game plan for them in ways they can understand and know exactly what to do.

Stupid Rookie mistake! Tyquan fighting for an extra yard and they gang tackle him, ugh. Should have been a penalty. He's out with a shoulder injury..... DAM!!@!@

I love how the conversation turns into non football related when Sir Frappe takes under center. I’d rather babysit angry Rottweilers than watch him play QB

Stupid Rookie mistake! Tyquan fighting for an extra yard and they gang tackle him, ugh. Should have been a penalty. He's out with a shoulder injury..... DAM!!@!@
And it was about 4 guys that landed on him at once. I wasn't sure he was going to get up after that.

Just wondering why no coaches talking with Zappe after that, when he was on the bench. I feel like McDaniels would always be next to the player after something like that and talk through it.
Whose gonna talk to him ? Fat Spaghettio Mat? The lions entire team cheered when he was fired

And it was about 4 guys that landed on him at once. I wasn't sure he was going to get up after that.

During football season, football players play football...

I was disappointed in Mac. Arm mechanics look the same which I'm not a fan of. Aside from the Agholor throw which some would pick apart (rainbow), he didn't look good. Missed an easy Parker throw, Myers and one on the run which were all fairly short passes.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like Bourne is going the Adalius Thomas route and doesn't like what Bill wants to do with him this year. New rumor is teams are calling about him.

In regards to Nixon vs Humphrey...I'd put Humphrey on the 53 instead...he's making a lot of plays and is also a pseudo TE.
I agree - Humphrey is a bigger target and I think he provides more value right now than Nixon. I also think it will be easier to keep Nixon on the practice squad. Humphrey is also providing special teams value.

When Wilkerson is healthy and able to return from IR, if none of the WRs are injured and things are running fine, he can stay on IR or come off and slide to the PS, but they'll probably need to bring him back due to an injury to someone (Parker).

I get "pre-season blah blah they are going against PS'ers and grocery baggers"

But Jennings, McMillan, Wilson and Bledsoe really standing out for me.

Also hope they find a way to keep Roberts & Ray.

I was wondering if that was Kenny Robinson who he randomly blasted. Makes more sense now, though I'm a little surprised it was Ferentz of all people.
That play was over the top and now I understand. Not condoning it, but I can understand.

Ferentz of all people.

Ferentz got that OL dawg in him. Son of a coach. He saw that **** in practice and said "let me get 1 chance in the game"

Injury settlement, while not quite as safe, might get him on the field even sooner.

I'm not sure what you mean or if this is possible.

Injury settlement generally means the player and team are splitting.

Maybe there's something I'm not aware of. Things have changed since covid. Please explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back