PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Game Day Thread -AFC Championship Steelers @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
this game has a long way to go. We were up 13-6 vs baltimore also and i was feeling good.

What the hell did Bart Scott mean with "watch your luggage" . i missed first part of that conversation.
Secondary needs to watch their coverage responsibilities and not the ball

Unreal. Ben is taking what they are giving him. And he is taking it not taking chances down the field except twice where there was perfect coverage. How long does he stay patient? My guess is he can't for 3 quarters. And when you play one of the worst red zone teams you don't let them have the quick easy score...do yourself a favor and look back at how many yards Pittsburgh had last week and then how many points they had.

That's too damn conservative. Brady and this offense will once again have to carry the heavy load unlike last year.

Please please please offense, keep your foot on the gas pedal and defense no prevent please, the Steelers do have the ability to score quickly.
I agree with you. From a novice viewpoint.....that soft sh!t at end of half was tough to watch....I know there is some strategy to the ole bend and break....but it's brutal to sit through!!!

i think steelers will start to bring lot more pressure on brady in the 2nd half.

They are more than welcomed to try. Blitz Brady and you might get a few sacks but you will also open yhe field up to Edelman and Amendola. If they can pressure TB using 4 rushers, sure, I will be nervous. If they decide to blitz more? Tom will crush them.

I dunno what folks are complaining about D vs bell/brown, both have been relatively controlled. But that OL of squeelers is stoning the DL. It doesn't look like they are playing contain, but rapistburger has ALL Freakin DAY.

This opening drive is hugeeee.... if we stop them that's a gut shot for them... if they score they will feel right back in it.

If the defense can keep the steelers to 20 points or under. We will win

The Dline is pretty much getting dominated

Cant tackle now apparently

this game has a long way to go. We were up 13-6 vs baltimore also and i was feeling good.
I wasn't. Bad 3rd and 7 drop by WW and Talib hurt.

...and Pitt is not BAL

Please please please offense, keep your foot on the gas pedal and defense no prevent please, the Steelers do have the ability to score quickly.
As long as we are leading, I don't mind the yards. Ninkovich actually admitted that they plan to get people into the 20yds and then clamp up. Looks like anything in between is a bonus for this defense. After hearing him, I am now calmer when I watch PATs defense.

Terrible tackling there, had him at the 10 and let him get to the 30, 20 free yards.

Why are we freaking out about the Falcons right now? We have a one possession game in the AFC title game still.

Good point.... we were help 13-6 on the Ravens at halftime in the 2012 AFC title game.... welp!

Personally I think above all we need to tackle better on defense. Apart from that it was a good first half overall. Enough mistakes were made but on the flipside more positive plays were made..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents