PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flacco is no longer elite (if he ever were). The Ravens will be drafting a QB.

You must be counting Josh Woodrum.

Certainly no one but RGIII's mother and agent would consider him to currently be an elite quarterback.

It seems like you're taking that post more seriously than it was meant to be.

Flacco is no longer elite (if he ever were). The Ravens will be drafting a QB.

You must be counting Josh Woodrum.

Certainly no one but RGIII's mother and agent would consider him to currently be an elite quarterback.
You guys cannot sense sarcasm can you

This is maybe sorta interesting, given that the Pats are now picking at #23.

What effect do these one year signings have on the compensatory draft picks?

Frankly I don't give a damn from what foot he kicks. I'm tired of Ryan Allen's inconsistent play. One time he'll kick a very rare 50-yarder, then he'll follow-up with 3 times of under-40-yards. The boy has cost us field position too many times for too long.

I'm not basing my opinion of Allen on statistics, which I also know can be misleading.

I'm basing my opinion of Allen on my eyeballs, which have too often told me that when we needed a big kick to bail us out or to pin the opponent, he didn't deliver.

ROFLMAO.. You just don't know wtf you are talking about. Plain and simple..

Ryan Allen punted 58 times last year. There were only 4 people who punted less than he did and 3 of them played for Detroit..

13 of 58 were downed. (22.41% - Good for 3rd in the league.
24 of 58 were inside the 20. (41.3% - good for 5th best in the league)
5 were kicked OOB.
3 were Touchbacks. ( Allen was tied for 8th)
14 of them were Fair Caught.
There were 23 returns for 105 yards. That's 4.56 YPR. There were only 2 people better than Allen in terms of YPR. Rigoberto Sanchez of Indy ( 4.21) and Chris Jones of Dallas (4.17).

National Football League Stats - by Player Position | NFL.com

Claiming he cost us field position is showing you don't have the first clue as to what field position actually is.

When you're regularly punting from inside the opposing 50, it's hard to get an average in the HIGH 40's.. There just isn't enough field.. I think that Allen had 1 BAD punt last year.. And it was the only bad punt I can remember him having over the last several years..

You're "eyeballs" are crap and the idea that Allen didn't bail this team out is laughable since he bailed them out quite a bit..

Bears RB Jordan Howard has deleted all Bears pictures from his Instagram, leading some fans to wonder if he is being traded. Still nothing from anybody reputable.

I can read his mind. You just need to try harder.
I suspect you utilized the Vulcan mind meld instead.

Vulcan-Mind-Meld.jpg

The Dude does abide, always will.

Still think Josh Gordon is an intriguing possibility, a one year rental for probably a later round draft pick at a cap hit for less than 800k...

“This is not ‘Nam, this is bowling, there are rules.”

I'm not sure the Browns would want to trade him for a late pick tho, they just added Landry and a few other pieces, and are loaded with picks.. if they get their young QB in this draft which is likely, they'll want all the weapons around him that they can get

A guy like Gordon at 800k would be worth more to me than a 6th or 7th round pick

It would definitely be a fun experiment to have him paired with Brady tho!

What effect do these one year signings have on the compensatory draft picks?

Possibly none, if they're low enough.

Won't know the details until later today (Thursday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back