PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a pretty sweet pad. Love the bonfire.
Needs seating around the fire. Generally looks sterile to me, impersonal.

Collins may be player the fans have most overrated in all of BB's tenure.

Hmm.

Tell me more. You prolly know more about football than I do, I definitely had a pretty high opinion of him.

Dugger double-majored in physics and engineering, so I guess they're both smart. Checkmate, same guy.
Both smart, physically and on the football field completely different players IMO but feel free to disagree.

Going into round 3, guys I like who are still there...

Zack Baun
Josh Jones
Shane Lemieux
Lloyd Cushenberry
Bryan Edwards
Justin Madubuike
Akeem Davis-Gaither
Gabriel Davis
Ben Bartch
Devin Duvernay
Tyler Johnson
Antonio Gandy-Golden
Jabari Zuniga

Think a double dip at receiver is in play this round. Bryan Edwards, Gabriel Davis, and Devin Duvernay are my favorites. Edwards has a shot to be the best one in this draft I think.

Doubt a double dip at WR. We have 3 locks for the roster, and Meyers is worth a spot as well. With Olszweski/Byrd/Lee with varying skills and Slater counting as a WR, I dont think we're keeping 2 rookies. I dont mean to act like that trio is uncuttable, just that those 3 plus one rookie for 1, MAYBE 2 spots is ok. Don't see 2 round 3 picks as necessary. Need a tight end before we need a WR. At least there are some bodies at WR. We have pure crap at tight end.

Doubt a double dip at WR. We have 3 locks for the roster, and Meyers is worth a spot as well. With Olszweski/Byrd/Lee with varying skills and Slater counting as a WR, I dont think we're keeping 2 rookies. I dont mean to act like that trio is uncuttable, just that those 3 plus one rookie for 1, MAYBE 2 spots is ok. Don't see 2 round 3 picks as necessary. Need a tight end before we need a WR. At least there are some bodies at WR. We have pure crap at tight end.

The tight ends in this draft are very bad.

we are going with a retired once a generation talent as the standard of what Mr. Duggar defended?
I am not going to criticize the pick...but I understand people who would.

I liked Dugger in the early 3rd but once I saw the run on safeties in the 2nd round, with 4 being taken right after the other, I now can't complain.

I consider safety a need.

It would not surprise me if this is McCourty and Chung's last year.

I know we just signed a good safety (our biggest signing in FA) but the Patriots have huge needs at that position.

One of these new guys has to be the QB for the D next year.

Two of my faves - Zack Baun and Josh Jones off the board.

normally I would remind everyone that Trautman played d3 and that it is a massive jump from d3 to the sec, let alone the nfl. But we just spent a high second round pick on a d2 guy! So I guess anything is possible!

however I am all in on drafting Bryant at tight end.

Ali Marpet jumped from D3 to a starting lineup as a rookie, at possibly the hardest position to make the jump.

Olzewski was a great story and he’s scrappy....but what did he show last year that would make u think he’s a lock for WR this year?! He was average at best as PR too and often passed on fair catch and tried to return everything....I’m guessing they are thinking of him as a slot replace for Edelman...just haven’t seen it so far

Browns trade: Pick 74 and 244.

Saints trade: Pick 88 and a 2021 third-round pick.

Our first draft day deal with future draft capital involved.

Hope the Bucs grab Brady a RB who can catch.

Why not Delpit over Dugger though?! Delpit was awesome at LSU....he would have been great fit in NE.....but Dugger is easier on the wallet I guess....

I liked Dugger in the early 3rd but once I saw the run on safeties in the 2nd round, with 4 being taken right after the other, I now can't complain.

I consider safety a need.

It would not surprise me if this is McCourty and Chung's last year.

I know we just signed a good safety (our biggest signing in FA) but the Patriots have huge needs at that position.

One of these new guys has to be the QB for the D next year.

Ali Marpet jumped from D3 to a starting lineup as a rookie, at possibly the hardest position to make the jump.

Uh, guard is probably the easiest position to make a jump to the NFL. Tight end is probably the most difficult.

If Sanu is a possession wr3 and Edelman us Edelman and Harry steps up where is the need? Someone of lee, Meyers and the dude who caught 30 passes for Carolina can be a 4.

I think Meyers and Lee are huge question marks for starters.....Lee hasn’t been same player from college days since ACL/MCL tear.....Edelman is starting to decline and drop a lot let’s face it....Harry should step up and be a #1-2 this year that’s true.....Carolina kid is 4 that’s about right so again.....I feel we need to draft(udfa too) several more WR this year
Reread this appears you are talking about depth and fallback plus guys with upside. No disagreement there.

Why not Delpit over Dugger though?! Delpit was awesome at LSU....he would have been great fit in NE.....but Dugger is easier on the wallet I guess....

Delpit's got Chris Canty disease, he can't tackle.

IIRC the knock on Delpit is that he sucketh at tackling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back