PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
so far we are weak at WR.....Sanu will be back to what he’s been whole career....decent possession WR (#3-4WR)......Hopefully Harry steps up into elite role....Maybe Meyers can connect with Stid....but they need to address this position more in draft FA

QUOTE="Ring 6, post: 5884660, member: 38603"]The big question is the injuries to Sanu and Harry.
If the team believes Harry is the 1 they drafted and the injuries ruined his season and Sanu is the mediocre wr2/ good wr3 his career in Atlanta indicates along with Edelman and a dog fight for WR4 they may legitimately feel good about Wr.
TE is huge need. Ilb depth is a big need. And I personally would love to see a 350 lb slave eating NT. Otherwise you are upgrading adequate to good across the roster with the remaining picks. (Aside from K and QB2/3)
[/QUOTE]
If Sanu is a possession wr3 and Edelman us Edelman and Harry steps up where is the need? Someone of lee, Meyers and the dude who caught 30 passes for Carolina can be a 4.

my reaction to this...

randy.jpg

How early do they have to take that kicker everyone is raving about?

If they're able to get either Trautman or Harrison Bryant at #87, even Captain Stone would like it!

normally I would remind everyone that Trautman played d3 and that it is a massive jump from d3 to the sec, let alone the nfl. But we just spent a high second round pick on a d2 guy! So I guess anything is possible!

however I am all in on drafting Bryant at tight end.

Guess you're forgetting they still have Cowart from last year..

Perhaps, but I just don't consider Cowart anything more than depth piece. Nothing really to count on as untapped upside. Body maxed out, average athlete. I was more intrigued by Keionta Davis(different roles, I know) than Cowart, but Davis can't stay healthy. Pretty much our entire defensive front is a free agent next year. We need a key rotation piece right now, and to build upon going forward.

Going further on where guys are drafted, I've always felt there's a drop after the 4th round. Certainly you can find guys in any round that surprise and outplay their draft stock. But judging on draft day, I look at things differently in the top 4 rounds.

S Brandon Jones to the Dolphins

How are they different?
Richards was borderline athletic for the position but exceptional smart.
Dugguns is an incredible athlete with ridiculous speed and neigh size to be a small LB.

I’d ask what do you think is the same about them?

If Sanu is a possession wr3 and Edelman us Edelman and Harry steps up where is the need? Someone of lee, Meyers and the dude who caught 30 passes for Carolina can be a 4.[/QUOTE]

I think Meyers and Lee are huge question marks for starters.....Lee hasn’t been same player from college days since ACL/MCL tear.....Edelman is starting to decline and drop a lot let’s face it....Harry should step up and be a #1-2 this year that’s true.....Carolina kid is 4 that’s about right so again.....I feel we need to draft(udfa too) several more WR this year

normally I would remind everyone that Trautman played d3 and that it is a massive jump from d3 to the sec, let alone the nfl. But we just spent a high second round pick on a d2 guy! So I guess anything is possible!

however I am all in on drafting Bryant at tight end.

I would be happy with either.

How early do they have to take that kicker everyone is raving about?
I’m expecting it to happen with one of the 4ths that they have all bunched up.

DT Justin Madubuike to the Ravens

Perhaps, but I just don't consider Cowart anything more than depth piece. Nothing really to count on as untapped upside. Body maxed out, average athlete. I was more intrigued by Keionta Davis(different roles, I know) than Cowart, but Davis can't stay healthy. Pretty much our entire defensive front is a free agent next year. We need a key rotation piece right now, and to build upon going forward.

Going further on where guys are drafted, I've always felt there's a drop after the 4th round. Certainly you can find guys in any round that surprise and outplay their draft stock. But judging on draft day, I look at things differently in the top 4 rounds.
I don’t see cowart that way at all. I see cowart as a guy drafted as a big de/small quick DT who spent his first year bulking up into the DT role. I expect a big year 2 jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3