PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens: OL Tyre Phillips

That's it for tonight's picks

Doesn’t have to be a stud in the making imo. I expect this team to turn the clock back to 2001. Run game and defense while they see what their young QB has. Nobody predicted greatness out of Brady at the time either.

And we still have Bill.
The patriots were 12-4 last year. Take a look at all the games. Tell me which of the 12 they lose with an average QB.
The GOAT is gone but the GOAT at 42 wasn’t the same guy.
Over his last 8 games he completed 55% of his passes for less than 6 yards per attempt. Perhaps it was the arm injury but over the last 8 we went 4-4 and we were a liability in the passing game. In the first 8, the defense dominated and an average QBs would have been enough.
We aren’t comparing to 2014, we are comparing to 2019 which was no longer a team that won because of its QB.

I can not help but say it again. ROGER GOODELL IS ****ING HAMMERED

Is this a serious post? Cassel had Moss and Welker. A group of offensive talent responsible for taking us to 18-1. Our offensive group going into this year is the worst in 20 years. Absolutely ridiculous comparison.

‘And I’m not expecting us to win 5. Keep your knickers on.

Look, BB is not just after skills here, he is looking for certain mindset, those who can take hard coaching, mentally tough. I tend to see his picks from that lens and it makes it easier for me to stomach.
Exactly. Building a team. Not just collecting talent.

Matt Cassell took us to 11-5.

Cakewalk schedule and the same supporting cast Brady led to 16-0 and multiple NFL records... and the 2007 schedule was brutal.

With a healthy Brady, Pats go 16-0 or 15-1 in 2008.

The virtue signaling of the NFL & ESPN has reached absurd levels.

With this defense? Come on. We’re a worse team than last years Dolphins?

???

I said it was just generically about the offense.

"Right now, generically speaking, and unless Stidham is already veteran starter level, this is a 2-3 win offense, at best."

Cakewalk schedule and the same supporting cast Brady led to 16-0 and multiple NFL records... and the 2007 schedule was brutal.

Brady was the reason the team won in 2007. He wasn’t the reason they won in 2019.
2019 brady would have struggled to go 12-4 in 2007 and 2007 brady would have been 16-0 last year.

Last edited:
To everyone contributing tonight, thanks for making this so enjoyable!

And of course, to Godfather Ian Logue, thanks and great respect to you sir for this forum, it means a lot to us!!!

Is this a serious post? Cassel had Moss and Welker. A group of offensive talent responsible for taking us to 18-1. Our offensive group going into this year is the worst in 20 years. Absolutely ridiculous comparison.

This offensive group isn't the "worst in 20 years". FFS.. Have you forgotten 2005 when they had the carousel at RB? Or 2006?

The Pats have 4 Veteran RBs and an unused 2nd year guy who, quite possibly could relegate Burkhead to the bench.

The WRs should be HEALTHY now.

The O-Line should be better than last year with the return of Andrews and the additions of Froholdt and Cajuste

The fact that it's F'in April and your whining and moaning about the state of the offense is really ridiculous..

I think Bill wants to build a team like the 2001 team. Get physical linebackers and rely on the defense and only ask Stidham to be a game manager. Brady was a game manager until around 2005. He didnt become the Brady that lit it up until 2006ish.

???

I said it was just generically about the offense.

"Right now, generically speaking, and unless Stidham is already veteran starter level, this is a 2-3 win offense, at best."

‘Well firstly I read offense as team so apologies there. Secondly, it’s a complimentary sport so how good the offense is is far from the whole picture.

‘And I’m not expecting us to win 5. Keep your knickers on.
5-11? Okay I agree we could scrape 5 wins...hopefully. Will take some coaching magic.

Im not so sure. Thought the defense took a big step backwards in 08.

The virtue signaling of the NFL & ESPN has reached absurd levels.

It's even emptier than virtue signaling, which would require them to take an implicit stance on something other than "the virus is bad and humans are amazing, watch our football programming".

Couldn’t have asked for better position wise. Imo this was where most help was needed. Except maybe wr, but we know how those picks have gone mostly. Now lets see if they hit (absolutely need to on at least one te)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back