PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine a 6th rounder that doesn't fit the system would have an impact on Thuney.

Interesting pick. He makes more sense as a more tackle convert than he does as a guard in our system.

How do you know Onwenu doesn't fit the system??

Tell me more? What hasn’t made sense?

Biggest positional issue on offense was TE. We addressed it

Defensively, we lost both KVN and Collins. We addressed this.

Chung is getting old. We addressed this.

We replaced Ghost.

Not gonna fix everything in one draft. We still need help at wr and to this point need a 3rd Qb. But all in all the pats have done a good job addressing some glaring needs.

Outside of a couple OL, the Patriots have no young offensive talent. That is a problem.

Browns - Donovan Peoples-Jones - WR - Michigan

Having a mountainous guard is probably good when you’re looking to go run-heavy. Pairs well with Shaq? Wonder if it means anything for Thuney.
Gonzo

Outside of a couple OL, the Patriots have no young offensive talent. That is a problem.

What do you call Asiasi and Keene? You can say we didn’t address WR but you can’t say we didn’t attempt to add any offensive talent.

Not gonna fix everything in one draft. We still need help at wr and to this point need a 3rd Qb. But all in all the pats have done a good job addressing some glaring needs.

I think that the Pats will probably look at WR in UDFA and as time goes on between now and TC. Same with QB.

There are going to be several veteran WRs released based on some of the moves we've seen to this point.. It will be interesting to see where they land.

Tyler Bass drafted. Interesting. Blankenship still there.

Speaking of Michigan . . . has anyone drafted DPJ yet? He disappointed in college, but his testing and size is solid. He's got some skill, if someone can help him unlock urgency in his routes.

EDIT: Lol, my timing. There he goes.

Way to go.:(

What do you call Asiasi and Keene? You can say we didn’t address WR but you can’t say we didn’t attempt to add any offensive talent.
He hasn't been watching the draft.

Because he isn't a brutally slow WR. That is the Patriots system...slow WRs and a weird obsession with special teams players.

I love this pick, big strong guard to help get the running game going.

BUF - Tyler Bass - K - Georgia Southern

Because he is slow and doesn't move very well? He's a power guy that can dominate at the point but he doesn't have great athleticism and isn't going to hit a guy on the move.

I think this is misleading. We just drafted two tight ends, we drafted Harry last year and I think he will be good, Jacoby, Sony, Byrd, James White, Damien Harris in addition to a healthy Sanu and Edleman...that's not bad.

For those keeping score at home:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back