PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes Luton to Jax, who I thought would be the Pats third stringer.

I think this is misleading. We just drafted two tight ends, we drafted Harry last year and I think he will be good, Jacoby, Sony, Byrd, James White, Damien Harris in addition to a healthy Sanu and Edleman...that's not bad.

And the biggest addition of all, Stidham.

I think this is misleading. We just drafted two tight ends, we drafted Harry last year and I think he will be good, Jacoby, Sony, Byrd, James White, Damien Harris in addition to a healthy Sanu and Edleman...that's not bad.

Everyone picked by BB is horrible.
Didn't you get the memo?

JAX - Jake Luton - QB -Oregon St

A big slow guard. Ok. What about wide receiver? Whose Stidham going to throw too?

Y'all are piling on Onwenu without cause. He's not as slow-footed as people are saying. He stays balanced and composed in pass pro and he does a decent job pulling on runs. He looks like a perfect fit for what we ask our guards to do. Played RG, and will probably stay there unless we move Thuney (which I don't want to do).

Anyone think the kid from Navy can make the conversion to Wr?

Outside of a couple OL, the Patriots have no young offensive talent. That is a problem.

who knows. We will see what happens these year with the young players.

If they don't develop this issue will get addressed next year

who knows. We will see what happens these year with the young players.

If they don't develop this issue will get addressed next year

Exactly, with 100 mil of cap space avail. And a better group of FA WRs if we don’t address it high in next years draft.

Yeah, but we can draft the shyte out of offensive guards!

Y'all are piling on Onwenu without cause. He's not as slow-footed as people are saying. He stays balanced and composed in pass pro and he does a decent job pulling on runs. He looks like a perfect fit for what we ask our guards to do. Played RG, and will probably stay there unless we move Thuney (which I don't want to do).

it's the usual story. they haven't watched him but are experts.

What makes you think Harry will be good? He couldn't beat man coverage in college, and he won't be able to beat man coverage in the NFL. He's flat out slow. Edleman is old, White is rendered irrelevant via double coverage and the rest of the guys are JAGS.

I too want the Pats to trade for pick 199 and draft a QB (Anthony Gordon?). Anyone else available. Please no to Nate Stanley.

Edit: I guess Stanley would do since he's from the big 10..hmmm

Almost wouldn’t mind a triple dip with hunter Bryant/Thad Moss this deep in the draft. If there’s no WRs they like.

Brady the GOAT pretty much told us Harry sucked without actually saying it.

Jacoby May not make the team

Sony stinks

Byrd? JAG

white is good and will probably be the only offensive threat on our team

Harris is slower than a slug on valium

sanu is awful

Edelman is great but age 34 and injury prone

WR is the last ingredient here - a luxury once we have stable O and D line play and good tackling. We are building from the inside->out.

Exactly, with 100 mil of cap space avail. And a better group of FA WRs if we don’t address it high in next years draft.

yup. this years a bit of a treading water season where we can develop whats already here. the new era starts 2021/22 for me.

49ers - Charlie Woerner - TE - Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand