PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they really did try to screw the Jets out of an OL pick:

Groh:

So he didn't know for sure that Pittsburgh was going for an OL, but he had a pretty good idea. I'd say that was an astute trade. We picked up an extra asset and still got the player we wanted all along. Screwing the Jets was just an incidental piece of collateral damage. Think of it as whip cream topping on a dessert. :haha:

LOL has any QB been drafted for the WAG factor? It's nice for the fans to look at but I doubt GMs are putting that into proper consideration for the draft process. To me it looks like she needs more meat on her bones though, her ribs are showing, and this ain't no BBQ joint. :haha:
You've been looking at Lily too much I think. ;)

LOL has any QB been drafted for the WAG factor? It's nice for the fans to look at but I doubt GMs are putting that into proper consideration for the draft process. To me it looks like she needs more meat on her bones though, her ribs are showing, and this ain't no BBQ joint. :haha:
I heard an ugly girlfriend means he's got no confidence. :D

I'm afraid to ask the follow up question but I guess I'm on the hook now. Who's Lily?
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

stand by...

Trollin sounds disappointed...

Darnell Washington. Beast. Devastating in the run game, and a legit Weapon in the short-yardage/3rd-down/red-zone pass game.

Dawand Jones is also a Beast, but we need a Left Tackle.

No interest at all in Mayer while Washington's still available.
I have been thinking about it all day
Trade up to get Darnell.
He kills two birds with one stone. OL and TE
Superior Blocking TE with promising receiving ability. We already have two receiving TE’s
We need that mauler while developing his receiving skills
He pancakes guys both blocking and receiving
Then pick a OT with our pick in third
Move up at end of 3rd for WR

So he didn't know for sure that Pittsburgh was going for an OL, but he had a pretty good idea. I'd say that was an astute trade. We picked up an extra asset and still got the player we wanted all along. Screwing the Jets was just an incidental piece of collateral damage. Think of it as whip cream topping on a dessert. :haha:
More like Oreo crumbles with a cherry on top

Darnell Washington. Beast. Devastating in the run game, and a legit Weapon in the short-yardage/3rd-down/red-zone pass game.

No interest at all in Mayer while Washington's still available.
screw that... Washington has BUST tattooed on his forehead... don't want a Dwayne Allen blocking TE... who cant pass block... get a fullback in the 6th or 7th round if run blocking is what you want out of your TE position... Washington in the second or third is a wasted draft pick

screw that... Washington has BUST tattooed on his forehead... don't want a Dwayne Allen blocking TE... who cant pass block... get a fullback in the 6th or 7th round if run blocking is what you want out of your TE position... Washington in the second or third is a wasted draft pick
Dead wrong. Dude is a freak stud who can help day 1.

Pretty much all analysis saying the Pats are one of the big winners of round 1 along with the Eagles, Seahawks, and Cards. The fact that it came with a trade down that probably hurt the Jets a bit is icing. I wanted a WR, but he's gotta be projected way higher than any WR in the draft and we can make a move for Hopkins if we need.
and if Hopkins has ANY interest in playing for the patriots.

I suspect that all the other AFCE teams have a better chance to land him than we do.

Dead wrong. Dude is a freak stud who can help day 1.
Please, spare me... he's a glorified run blocker

If he didn't go to Georgia, would you be saying the same thing?

Last edited:
Your insolence in questioning the GOAT is repugnant. How dare you not prostrate in front of the GOAT? We can all agree his is not perfect but is as near as perfect as man can be. That trade was just a well thought out plan just like last season's offensive coaching choices. All those plans lead to exactly where the GOAT meant them to be. Time and time again, the GOAT has proven he can win with whatever he puts out on the field. Without him, those players have never had success before or after being on either the Patriots or the Browns before them.

This BB safe place was better during the last season where members would be rightfully kicked out of threads by the glorious leaders and board moderators.
Belichick yourself before you wreck yourself

4 fourth rounders
4 sixth rounders

Clearly we need to trade down into the fifth, but however today goes it's going to be a busy weekend.

The fine Colombian made last night a wonderful thing. Old guys represent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes