PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants draft room looks so state of the art...

Seems like it's a good steal. Hopefully he becomes the next Ty Law!

If he has, we can build a genuinely elite defense if we get an edge guy to play opposite Judon

Pretty much all analysis saying the Pats are one of the big winners of round 1 along with the Eagles, Seahawks, and Cards. The fact that it came with a trade down that probably hurt the Jets a bit is icing. I wanted a WR, but he's gotta be projected way higher than any WR in the draft and we can make a move for Hopkins if we need.

Does that fat lard Bertrand post here? Certain poster sounds like a parrot of his Gonzalez take.

Because the Jets weren't taking a CB. They knew who the Steelers were taking, which meant a top CB would be there at 17. Banks, Porter and Forbes IF Washington took Gonzo.
I doubt that either of your alternatives was rated by the patriots to be drafted the top 25.

If we move up in 2nd. Who is your choice out of Dewand Jones or Darnell or Mayer.
Or do you have a different target

Darnell Washington. Beast. Devastating in the run game, and a legit Weapon in the short-yardage/3rd-down/red-zone pass game.

Dawand Jones is also a Beast, but we need a Left Tackle.

No interest at all in Mayer while Washington's still available.

Pretty much all analysis saying the Pats are one of the big winners of round 1 along with the Eagles, Seahawks, and Cards. The fact that it came with a trade down that probably hurt the Jets a bit is icing. I wanted a WR, but he's gotta be projected way higher than any WR in the draft and we can make a move for Hopkins if we need.
and if Hopkins has ANY interest in playing for the patriots.

I suspect that all the other AFCE teams have a better chance to land him than we do.

So they really did try to screw the Jets out of an OL pick:

Groh:

With the trade that transpired here this week, the Jets going from right in front of us to right behind us certainly shifted things. And then for us to kind of jump right behind them and give Pittsburgh the opportunity to come up and select the player who they selected, which when you make these trades, you don’t know who the other team is coming up for but again we try and do our research and try and have a feeling as far as positionally what a team might be looking for. That’s Steve Cargile and his team really working hard on the team needs. We’ve got all that posted in the draft room, and try and be cognisant of what the teams are looking for. So, maybe had an idea of what maybe Pittsburgh was looking for, certainly didn’t know if that was going to be accurate and then certainly didn’t know what player it was going to be. But there started to be a bit of a run there on the tackles. That position group was thinning out. If you wanted one of those guys, you have to come up and get them.”

What do you think of what our ole boy Caserio did there? Seems like a huge price to pay. 2nd, and a 1 and 3 next year. Crazy, isn't it?
Yeah.. I think it was too steep a price. Even if Anderson becomes the next Lawrence Taylor. The Texans still have a host of issues..

Give me Washington, big as an offensive lineman, can move surprisingly fast and has good hands. His mockdraftables comparison chart compares his measurable to Gronk.

Honestly I would be happy with any of the guys you mentioned or Josh Downs.

Look for the Rams at 36, the Panthers at 39 or the Titans at 41 as teams that could be trade partners because they need picks.

Exactly.

I'm asking why Bill gets credit for both getting his guy and a 4th round pick.

We don't know that and even if he did, my point remains. Why risk it.

It's ok to ask questions.
Because there were enough guys they wanted still available to cover the gap between 14 and 17. Duh.

Will Levis girlfriend is a smokeshow

Still like Sophie though. Her smile gets me every time

Last year of deal, probably get him for a 5th, would be interesting as 3rd down back even if he's hurt half the time
And I had him on my fantasy team last year, so he can disappoint me in real football like he did in fantasy. I won my league picking Pacheco up off waivers, another reminder backs can be found anywhere and everywhere if surrounded by talent

I can't really take it 6 ways to Sunday from the uninitiated so I'll end it here.

Bill got his cake and gets to eat it too. Even though he took a unnecessary risk.

If you can't comprehend the point and simply want to disagree with it then you're really only interested in trying to slam dunk on me. Which in this case, you missed.

Your insolence in questioning the GOAT is repugnant. How dare you not prostrate in front of the GOAT? We can all agree his is not perfect but is as near as perfect as man can be. That trade was just a well thought out plan just like last season's offensive coaching choices. All those plans lead to exactly where the GOAT meant them to be. Time and time again, the GOAT has proven he can win with whatever he puts out on the field. Without him, those players have never had success before or after being on either the Patriots or the Browns before them.

This BB safe place was better during the last season where members would be rightfully kicked out of threads by the glorious leaders and board moderators.

What do you think of what our ole boy Caserio did there? Seems like a huge price to pay. 2nd, and a 1 and 3 next year. Crazy, isn't it?
I feel like they felt that Will Anderson Jr was the homerun pick and they had to have him. But the owner wanted the QB to sell tickets. So they managed to pull off both things at once.

Moving up to #3 was a heavy price to pay, but I suppose that's why you stockpile picks, so moves like that can get done.

Texans future looks bright. But they better hope those 'cognitive' tests don't negatively affect Stroud in the NFL. Reportedly he only scored a 19 on his test when the goal for a QB is to score an 80 or above. By comparison #1 overall pick Bryce Young scored a whopping 98 on his cognitive test.

Will Levis girlfriend is a smokeshow

Still like Sophie though. Her smile gets me every time
LOL has any QB been drafted for the WAG factor? It's nice for the fans to look at but I doubt GMs are putting that into proper consideration for the draft process. To me it looks like she needs more meat on her bones though, her ribs are showing, and this ain't no BBQ joint. :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes