PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

The funny thing about free agency is that the player gets to pick where they go. The team doesn’t get to pick who comes, they only make he offer. Many players will take less to play for Kansas City. NE was benefiting from this situation for year; but that is over.
I can't seem to think of the reason why FAs wanted to come here during that time... lol

Yeah but from everything ive heard so is achord :( hopefully he gets reassigned so all the st talent doesn’t go to waste again
BB won't fire Cam while judge is still with the organization..

He won't fire Cam if Judge is still with the team? Why?
Becuase of the optics, BB is a very intelligent man.. he knows full well the decisions he made directly impacted the offense. So I said that with the notion that how can he fire Cam for the STs performance and not fire judge who as the herald reported was more of a problem and disruption than Patricia was.
He was also the QBs coach.. just my theory..

I think they are done.. add Marcus Jones in the mix. We would be scary if we add a TE or 2 in draft .
I think we are and I’m fine with that EXCEPT we still need a T

Becuase of the optics, BB is a very intelligent man.. he knows full well the decisions he made directly impacted the offense. So I said that with the notion that how can he fire Cam for the STs performance and not fire judge who as the herald reported was more of a problem and disruption than Patricia was.
He was also the QBs coach.. just my theory..
I don't know. Judge was probably a good ST coach and so far it appears Cam may not be. If replacing Cam with Judge gives the team a better chance to win...then BB should do that.

I don't know. Judge was probably a good ST coach and so far it appears Cam may not be. If replacing Cam with Judge gives the team a better chance to win...then BB should do that.
I don't believe that will happen.. what I'm trying to say is how can one coach be fired for a poor job on one part of the team but the coach as reported was a cancer to the offense is not. So yes judge was a good special teams coach. We know when we came back he wasn't going to be offered that position as cam was the coach.

BB knows this just like we do as outsiders.. to outright fire Cam wouldn't he fair.. he did a good job last season and the offense and STs outside of Marcus Jones wasn't good. So I guess both penalties offset. Lol

Any word on van twinkel?

Another nothing move for a special teamer.... are they even trying to compete in the AFC East?
So. You've got an issue with the Pats addressing one of the worst aspects of their game. Got it.

At this point, it looks like the NFL has told Mr. Kraft we can't let you win anymore for a while.......this dumbness makes no sense.

Maybe you should work on learning the game instead of posting then.. It's not "dumbness" to sign Special teams aces. Special Teams is fully 1/3 of the game.

The Pats Special Teams units the past 2 years have been less than stellar. Part of it has been injuries and another part has been the replacements have stunk. *cough* Jamie Collins *cough* Special teams cost us at LEAST 2 losses this past year. 10-7 gets the Pats into the play-offs.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back