PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Riddle me something we committed 5 million to reif an older lineman... Will he even be on the game day roster?

That could have been allocated to CB..
Yes. I think he’s going to surprise and be the starter in game 1. Last year was a down year, and BB likes to buy cheap. If he returns to form, as BB is betting, he’ll be a deal.

Plus, I think they’ll address tackle in the draft, and this way don’t require the rookie to be ready for game 1.

Another nothing move for a special teamer.... are they even trying to compete in the AFC East?

Glad were making moves at special teams. Better st alone would’ve probably had us in the playoffs last year, even with patricia and judge

Tranquil to the chiefs for some reason, Pats had no brains to go get em........let the competition get stronger......

At this point, it looks like the NFL has told Mr. Kraft we can't let you win anymore for a while.......this dumbness makes no sense.

how many st linebacker can you fit in one roster

Tranquil to the chiefs for some reason, Pats had no brains to go get em........let the competition get stronger......
A. You don’t know anything about Tranquil other than what you have read on the web.
B. How do you know that they didn’t try to sign him? One report stated that 5 teams were after him.

Moron.

Wasting money on special teams players when the special teams coach is out of his depth and should of been fired.

This makes more sense if they hired a competent special teams coach to utilize all this money they're spending on special teams.

Wasting money on special teams players when the special teams coach is out of his depth and should of been fired.

This makes more sense if they hired a competent special teams coach to utilize all this money they're spending on special teams.
Isn’t Joe Judge still here?

how many st linebacker can you fit in one roster
Name all of the other “st linebackers” on the roster. Guys who were only PS players last year don’t count. I’ll wait.

The problem with yoiur analysis is that Belichick does NOT wait until the #1 or #2 needs are addressed before he signs players. If he sees value that will improve the team, he acts. And, he will indeed sign players who won't make the team. There are positions at which we just don't have enough competition for camp. OT is certainly one example.
I hear ya, however we signed offensive line help. The problem last season was coaching.. it affected the entire offense.

Now we have more pressing needs.. just guranteed money to a long snapper and another ST player from the lions.

I get that BB fills needs.. however we need help at corner.. not sure if you've looked at the schedule[
QUOTE="mike_usagisan, post: 6560935, member: 15907"]
Yes. I think he’s going to surprise and be the starter in game 1. Last year was a down year, and BB likes to buy cheap. If he returns to form, as BB is betting, he’ll be a deal.

Plus, I think they’ll address tackle in the draft, and this way don’t require the rookie to be ready for game 1.
[/QUOTE]
Ok.. I know he's a bit older.. 34 I believe.. I'm all for gathering talent on all 3 phases of course.. now with the realease Of mills something has to happen?

I like the Anderson pick up.. good to have depth.. although 90% of our issues were coaching on the line.. the brown/Wynn swaping sides they both were unhappy..

Name all of the other “st linebackers” on the roster. Guys who were only PS players last year don’t count. I’ll wait.
wilson and mcmillan

The funny thing about free agency is that the player gets to pick where they go. The team doesn’t get to pick who comes, they only make he offer. Many players will take less to play for Kansas City. NE was benefiting from this situation for years; but that is over.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back