PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Watt also said that “if” Hopkins thinks NE is a place he can win a SB he’d go there…but we know what he thinks of NE. last year's offense was a mess.

Last edited:
D hop also commented to Micah parsons saying it’s about damn time when the cowboys were mentioned and is supposedly telling people he wants to be a Cowboy.
Obviously, because nobody exemplifies winning and consistent championship contention like the Cowboys. They never, ever collapse or choke.

What’s that you say? The Cowboys haven’t made the NFC championship game since the 1995 season? The notion that any player goes to Dallas to have a chance to win a title is laughable…..that player is either ignorant ir he is lying.

The Bengals were the other team interested in rapp too right? So guessing theyre out now

Maybe we getting Rapp
Makes sense, particularly given the Mills news. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t already have a plan in place to replace him.

Yeah I think at this point it should be fairly clear he would be fine going to NE, it's just a matter of what the Cardinals want for him, a deal restructure, and if the Pats think he's the right fit.

If I had to guess, the Pats are in on Jeudy, Hopkins and OBJ simultaneously and leveraging the availability of all three against one another to try to squeeze a better deal - "why give you a 2nd for Hopkins when I can go get a younger guy in Jeudy?", "why give you a 1st for Jeudy when I can go get a better player with more years on his deal in Hopkins?", "why pay your client (Beckham) $20M when I can pay Jeudy $2M and he's way younger?" Etc. Maybe Cooks is even in there too.

Yeah I think at this point it should be fairly clear he would be fine going to NE, it's just a matter of what the Cardinals want for him, a deal restructure, and if the Pats think he's the right fit.

If I had to guess, the Pats are in on Jeudy, Hopkins and OBJ simultaneously and leveraging the availability of all three against one another to try to squeeze a better deal - "why give you a 2nd for Hopkins when I can go get a younger guy in Jeudy?", "why give you a 1st for Jeudy when I can go get a better player with more years on his deal in Hopkins?", "why pay your client (Beckham) $20M when I can pay Jeudy $2M and he's way younger?" Etc. Maybe Cooks is even in there too.
Sounds like they are shopping for a used car.

And I think Bill's fine with these negotiations continuing up through the draft. I also think Bill thinks they're fine if they don't get any of them if he thinks the price is too high, though I certainly hope they pull the trigger on one of them.

Neither are strictly special teams linebackers. Maybe that's the problem with people's understanding.
If you look at their contracts which is likely equal to board‘s contract then it indicates they are mainly Special teams and no other teams viewed them as starters

He won't fire Cam if Judge is still with the team? Why?

Judge is basically coaching for free while he’s still getting paid by the Giants. I suspect he will be the “assistant “ to cam this year. I don’t think he can have a coordinator position and still collect what’s owed by the Giants.

Gardner-Johnson and Murphy-Bunting? Am I a broken record?
The team should be offering Murphy-bunting a 4 yr deal.. he's everything we need at corner.. I'm not so much in a rush to sign another safety.. we have some safety depth... im focusing on who we sign at CB and a potential juedy trade..

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back