PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I remember after Brady dismantled the legion of boom (who had shut down Brees, Rodgers, Manning in the last two playoffs) for his 4th, it still wasn’t enough for half of football fans. there were still a TON of Montana people. it wasn’t until his 5th that most admitted it

now we have had to hear this Mahomes GOAT crap for the past 2 or 3 seasons. get the **** out of here

Is this tweet for real? I mean the numbers tell you he is not even in the same universe.

It’s a joke tweet.

BUT

Colin Cowhard literally came out today and flat out said Mahomes is the GOAT. Rationalized it as “well we knew Jordan was the GOAT after only one title so why hesitate with Mahomes?” Which…ok so I was 6 months old when Jordan won his first title so I wouldn’t know. But, who in the **** was going around in 1991 declaring that MJ was the GOAT? Is he on crack? No one would have had reason to argue that in 1991 that’s insane!

It’s a joke tweet.

BUT

Colin Cowhard literally came out today and flat out said Mahomes is the GOAT. Rationalized it as “well we knew Jordan was the GOAT after only one title so why hesitate with Mahomes?” Which…ok so I was 6 months old when Jordan won his first title so I wouldn’t know. But, who in the **** was going around in 1991 declaring that MJ was the GOAT? Is he on crack? No one would have had reason to argue that in 1991 that’s insane!
he’s lying. I’ve talked to multiple people who were hardcore NBA fans around that time. it wasn’t even truly discussed until after the first 3-peat. sure, you had people say it before then but they were laughed at

edit: maybe some people on here who were around back then can confirm, but every single person I’ve talked to about this said you had 5 names you could argue around 1991 without being ridiculed

Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Bird
Magic

they all said the same thing: Jordan wasn’t mentioned until after the 3-peat

It’s a joke tweet.

BUT

Disrespectful to not just TB, but to Montana, Unitas, Manning to name a few

Is this tweet for real? I mean the numbers tell you he is not even in the same universe.

It’s sarcasm to fools that try to hype up Mahomes to Brady comparisons

he’s lying. I’ve talked to multiple people who were hardcore NBA fans around that time. it wasn’t even truly discussed until after the first 3-peat. sure, you had people say it before then but they were laughed at

edit: maybe some people on here who were around back then can confirm, but every single person I’ve talked to about this said you had 5 names you could argue around 1991 without being ridiculed

Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Bird
Magic

they all said the same thing: Jordan wasn’t mentioned until after the 3-peat

In 1991 Magic and Bird hadn’t even technically retired yet and they had 5 and 3 rings respectively and both had 3 League MVPs. No one on gods greens earth could have said Jordan was better at that point.

Wow, Payton was traded to the Broncos after all.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
There are so many pundits legitimately trying to argue that Mahomes is now the GOAT but people are falling for one clearly satirical tweet. Do better.

The guy who put up the original tweet literally said he’s disappointed people don’t get what he meant

I honestly thought Brady absolutely thrashing the Chiefs two years ago put this **** to bed forever. Truly. I was apparently so freaking naive because the same “Mahomes, is he the GOAT or on pace to be the GOAT?” talking points from exactly two years ago are being said word for word AGAIN. Despite Brady winning an additional Super Bowl and Mahomes LOSING that SAME GAME.

This was dumb when Brady was “only” a 6 time champ and Mahomes had the opportunity to beat him head to head to get his second ring and be 2 for 2 in just 3 years as a starter. But that was infinitely less dumb than having it argued today. Brady is at 7 with 2 of those 7 being rings he took off Mahomes’ fingers and put them on his own.

I hope Brady is hearing every single word about this crap. I hope he's being fed it by his media team. He needs motivation to be fully invested in playing next season, not the hostage situation he was in this past year.

I hope Brady is hearing every single word about this crap. I hope he's being fed it by his media team. He needs motivation to be fully invested in playing next season, not the hostage situation he was in this past year.

Don’t worry all these fools will shut up when he’s 50 and craps the bed they’ll say they told us so lmao

He shouldn’t worry bout the clown media Mahomes can go 0-25, 0 yards, 5 INT and they’ll say he’s the GOAT look how he ran around and bounced the ball off the defenders helment

On the bright side, Mahomes should supplant Fivehead at some point on an all-time list.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back