PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I don’t get the “Shanahan is a moron” stuff. He’s now made to the conference championship or Super Bowl with Ryan, Garoppolo, and Purdy. He just took Mr. Irrelevant to all-pro territory for six weeks. I hope he invests in Brady, but the guy isn’t an idiot at all. I think the problem might be that Brady is more of a rhythm/read type of QB who makes his own adjustments and decisions whereas Shanahan’s offense is much more disciplined and set in stone. Can Brady adjust? I think so. Like with Arians it would be a compromise.

I don’t get the “Shanahan is a moron” stuff. He’s now made to the conference championship or Super Bowl with Ryan, Garoppolo, and Purdy. He just took Mr. Irrelevant to all-pro territory for six weeks. I hope he invests in Brady, but the guy isn’t an idiot at all. I think the problem might be that Brady is more of a rhythm/read type of QB who makes his own adjustments and decisions whereas Shanahan’s offense is much more disciplined and set in stone. Can Brady adjust? I think so. Like with Arians it would be a compromise.

Because calling a game as a head coach (and an OC but ultimately Super Bowl 51 is more on Quinn) has a flow and a feel to it and he just doesn't get it.

It's still very risky for the 49ers to roll with Purdy next season. Specifically cause it's an injury to the throwing arm. Who knows if he'll be 100% when the season starts. If he's not, he may play like crap. It can't be said enough, Shanahan is a moron and will probably role with Purdy and Lance. We all know Lance can't make it through a season.
Shanahan is a great offensive coordinator imo but I'll lose total respect for him as a team manager if he rolls into next season with Purdy and Lance. He'll risk losing his locker room too when it inevitably blows up in his face (again).

Because calling a game as a head coach (and an OC but ultimately Super Bowl 51 is more on Quinn) has a flow and a feel to it and he just doesn't get it.

The running game avg’d like 1 ypc in the second half. They tried. Christ, the Falcons basically would have iced the game if Freeman had blocked Hightower (Ryan had a wide open receiver) and basically iced the game on the Jones catch. I don’t how a coach can be responsible for the MVP quarterback taking a moronic sack to take the team out if FG range. The players self destructed, not the coach.

The running game avg’d like 1 ypc in the second half. They tried. Christ, the Falcons basically would have iced the game if Freeman had blocked Hightower (Ryan had a wide open receiver) and basically iced the game on the Jones catch. I don’t how a coach can be responsible for the MVP quarterback taking a moronic sack to take the team out if FG range. The players self destructed, not the coach.

But it keeps happening to him. Its a pattern.

Your last sentence gave me a chuckle -- a compromise until Tom had him fired ... er, I mean 'til Arians retired of completely his own free will. Yeah, that's it. :whistle:

I don't see Shanahan as the flexible, accommodating sort. He *might* be open to working something out with Brady if Lance isn't ready and Purdy is still working his way back. But I'd bet anything that when push came to shove those two would butt heads severely.

Does he have a no trade? Maybe he just wants to get cut so he has free rein to determine anything because maybe the market for his current contract is nonexistent. I don’t know.

He has a no trade clause

Your last sentence gave me a chuckle -- a compromise until Tom had him fired ... er, I mean 'til Arians retired of completely his own free will. Yeah, that's it. :whistle:

I don't see Shanahan as the flexible, accommodating sort. He *might* be open to working something out with Brady if Lance isn't ready and Purdy is still working his way back. But I'd bet anything that when push came to shove those two would butt heads severely.

I would agree based on their personalities it’s a bad fit. However, extreme talent can bridge that gap. The 49ers offense is so stacked there are many ways to be successful.

Then he should have thought twice about torpedoing his defense by benching the guy with the highest snap percentage on the team for the season. Bill apparently wasn't into winning that Super Bowl. His sideways personal agenda was more important to him.
defense was already down Jonathan Jones and Hightower then he does that smh. Foles was 12/14 when throwing to someone covered by Bademosi or Richards!

SF is built to win in the next 2 years. everyone will forget about their overpay for Lance if Brady signs and helps them get a ring

with Brady on the team the only threat I see in the NFC next season is PHI. MIN is a joke and DAL/Prescott aren’t a true threat unless they’re going against a Bowles defense

SF is built to win in the next 2 years. everyone will forget about their overpay for Lance if Brady signs and helps them get a ring

with Brady on the team the only threat I see in the NFC next season is PHI. MIN is a joke and DAL/Prescott aren’t a true threat unless they’re going against a Bowles defense
Eagles have a lot of free agents after this season. They are not the same team next year and the NFCE hasn't had a repeat winner in years. Giants will probably take it next year.

Seahawks may be a divisional threat too, they have a first round pick from Denver and Carroll has managed to keep that team afloat and contending. Unless Geno ****s the bed and this year was really a fluke.

I would agree based on their personalities it’s a bad fit. However, extreme talent can bridge that gap. The 49ers offense is so stacked there are many ways to be successful.
Kittle would be doing cartwheels if Brady is signed.

I don't think Brady would even ask for that much per season. He probably would be content with 2 years at $25 mil per. I would imagine if he does sign with a new team that he'll want to a two year commitment. I doubt he would be content with any one-year scenario.

It's going to be real interesting if both San Francisco and Las Vegas are truly interested in Brady. A SF option could put a lot of pressure on Vegas to promise adding whatever pieces Brady wants to the offense, like his first season in Tampa Bay when he brought in Gronk, Brown and Fournette. SF is roster ready but they probably could attract a better WR3 and maybe Gronk as a TE2 with Brady coming aboard. Imagine a defense trying to defend Deebo, Aiyuk, McCaffrey, Kittle and Gronk!

I think any team willing to commit to Garoppolo as their starter is really stupid. If there's anything we know about Garoppolo for sure it's that he can't stay healthy.

Brady will play for Joe Montana signed memorabilia.

Brady will play for Joe Montana signed memorabilia.
Just imagine the freaking storylines if Brady does end up signing with the 49ers! Don't even get me started with if they ended up making the Superbowl! That world would stop for that one!

I’d love to see the melt if he signed for the lowest possible contract with them so they can add more talent

The players union would be pissed but on the other hand the guy is 46 years old so not sure if it’s setting a precedent

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back