PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Candidate for the least surprising football news of the week:

Bucs announce they have elevated receiver Cole Beasley and offensive lineman John Molchon from the practice squad for Sunday’s game against the Packers.

Candidate for the least surprising football news of the week:

Y'all have convinced me. Beasley can help he did catch a lot of balls last year I was just curious to see why nobody signed him. Then I remembered he was pretty outspoken on Twitter on a bunch of touchy subjects so it made sense.

Cole was a huge as.shole about being antivax and basically just became too much of a distraction to want to deal with. He took the opposite route of Kirk Cousins who went “I decided not to get the vax because personal decision thank you” which I think is...very dumb but he never brought it up again and no one else did either so it wasn’t a mess.

Bucs are only 1 point favorites at home that’s dumb as hell.

Cole was a huge as.shole about being antivax and basically just became too much of a distraction to want to deal with. He took the opposite route of Kirk Cousins who went “I decided not to get the vax because personal decision thank you” which I think is...very dumb but he never brought it up again and no one else did either so it wasn’t a mess.

Not to get too far into the weeds on this, but it was the league and NFLPA who were the assholes. The few players who held out were mostly ****ies who didn't have the balls to stand up for their position, but just stayed silent while everyone around them was caving to pressure that should never have been there in the first place.

Bucs are only 1 point favorites at home that’s dumb as hell.

People are looking at this game from the perspective of the two offenses, not the two teams.

Not to get too far into the weeds on this, but it was the league and NFLPA who were the assholes. The few players who held out were mostly ****ies who didn't have the balls to stand up for their position, but just stayed silent while everyone around them was caving to pressure that should never have been there in the first place.
Taking a stand can have huge consequences, not only prison but assets seized, bank account frozen, losing job, etc. So I don't blame anyone for being chicken. But overall, I am disappointed in society. One thing I learned about the pandemic is that it is easy to turn rights and freedom charters around the world into worthless toilet paper.

But anyways, if Beasley wasn't so outspoken, he'd be on another team instead of the Bucs. They need him, so it was a good thing for Brady and fans.

People are looking at this game from the perspective of the two offenses, not the two teams.
Both offenses are ravaged with injuries though. Brady>Rodgers too so 1 point is kind of disrespectful. You get 3 points for being a home team too so they're essentially saying GB is a better team

Bucs running back Leonard Fournette and Saints corner Marshon Lattimore were each fined $13,367 for unnecessary roughness for their roles in the fight in last week’s Bucs-Saints game.

Both offenses are ravaged with injuries though. Brady>Rodgers too so 1 point is kind of disrespectful. You get 3 points for being a home team too so they're essentially saying GB is a better team

Those setting the lines are predicting the money, not the games.

Jones could be out. They’ll decide before the game. Taking a plane ride didn’t impact his knee injury. He’ll see if he can go, and if not, they’ll shoot for next week.

Bucs will need seven inactives vs. Packers. Start with Godwin and Hicks, already ruled out, then Donovan Smith and Cade Otton, who are doubtful. Trask makes five, so two more, likely one WR and one on defense (McCollum?).

LOL the media have ALWAYS picked Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady. Last year Brady led the league in passing yards and TD passes and Rodgers still won the MVP. So that bias will always be there. For the line to be only 1 point speaks more about the betting man's lack of confidence in Green Bay even though their Brady hating hearts might want to believe that the Bucs will fold to the almighty Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

It's gonna be an interesting game for sure, thank goodness it's not in Lambeau or it would be a lot tougher.

I’d expect Kyle Rudolph to make his Bucs debut today vs. Packers. He’s been a healthy scratch for two weeks, but rookie Cade Otton hasn’t practiced all week, home with family in Washington since his mother passed away Tuesday, so he’s understandably doubtful to play.

Packers’ WR Randall Cobb, listed as questionable for Sunday due to an illness, is likely to play vs. the Buccaneers; however rookie WR Christian Watson, listed as questionable due to a hamstring injury, is unlikely to play, per source.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back