PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

George Halas coached the Bears to an NFL title at age 68.
BA has the record as oldest coach, even if it's by a few days. That's absurd.

BA has the record as oldest coach, even if it's by a few days. That's absurd.

You know as well as I do that Easy Chair Arians was a shadow of his former self during his time coaching Tampa. A wealth of player personnel carried him through.

You know as well as I do that Easy Chair Arians was a shadow of his former self during his time coaching Tampa. A wealth of player personnel carried him through.
Two time COY. SB winner. He's HOF bound.

Guess who is the #1 backup to Watson? It's Brissett. I can't believe how many opportunities to be an NFL starter he has had. He was 1-1 with Pats and pretty much stunk everywhere else. Browns are throwing away a playoff caliber team.

I'm not sure what happens with Mayfield this year but I can see him becoming a Buc next year. Gabbert may not get his opportunity in TB. He doesn't have that Brissett luck.

Edelman also said “You also have to look, hey, [Garoppolo] got paid $30 million,” said Edelman. “So maybe I’m the dumb guy who didn’t make as much money to sacrifice for that team. I guess I played for the memories, not the money.”
JG knew he'd be traded and was just protecting his body for a big pay day. I can't blame him, but Brady on the other hand,..

That's something that all but a few Pats fans already knew.

That's something that all but a few Pats fans already knew.
The point of Edelman's comment is in regards to the dilemma football players face, unlike any other professional sport, of whether to do what's best for the team or what's best for themselves.

Edelman shortened his career as a team first guy. Brady gave up tens of millions.

JG did the opposite and went for the money, but it was the smart thing to do since he's made of glass. Most star QBs do. In fact, I can't think of any star QBs other than Brady of course, who doesn't try and get paid as much as they can and in the process wreck a teams cap space.

The point of Edelman's comment is in regards to the dilemma football players face, unlike any other professional sport, of whether to do what's best for the team or what's best for themselves.

Edelman shortened his career as a team first guy. Brady gave up tens of millions.

JG did the opposite and went for the money, but it was the smart thing to do since he's made of glass. Most star QBs do. In fact, I can't think of any star QBs other than Brady of course, who doesn't try and get paid as much as they can and in the process wreck a teams cap space.
I remember being really angry at the time but now I totally get it. He hurt his throwing shoulder and was in the final year of his contract. I am sure he wanted to play but his agent said "no way" knowing that Bill was not going to pay him and Brady. I feel like Bennett and Edelman are being disingenuous to the unique situation Jimmy was in. I think if he was signed to a contract with the Pats or his 3rd year as a rookie instead of his final season, he plays in that game.

I remember being really angry at the time but now I totally get it. He hurt his throwing shoulder and was in the final year of his contract. I am sure he wanted to play but his agent said "no way" knowing that Bill was not going to pay him and Brady. I feel like Bennett and Edelman are being disingenuous to the unique situation Jimmy was in. I think if he was signed to a contract with the Pats or his 3rd year as a rookie instead of his final season, he plays in that game.
No real competitor sits in that situation. Jimmy has the same complaints against him in the SF as well.

He doesn't have grit to play through injuries

No real competitor sits in that situation. Jimmy has the same complaints against him in the SF as well.

He doesn't have grit to play through injuries
He played through the shoulder last year. Torn labrum.

Maybe it's just me, but seeing the Brown's scumbag QB's name here takes the shine off the Brady thread.

There's nothing going on with the Bucs. Look at how slow this thread is, even including the Watson posts.
KD is asking for a trade there's that lol

Hard to believe the amount of star talent Brady had at the beginning of the 2021 season. Evans, AB, Gronk, and Godwin if they had been healthy would have been all 1000 yard receivers.

Beginning of 2022 is just Evans. On some Sundays, he was like the WR4.

Although the beginning of 2022 may not be as exciting as 2021 in terms of having the star talent, the rookies and Gage will be interesting to watch.

The 2021 draft was terrible for a team that was supposed to be all in. This 2022 draft looks to have much more solid contributors.

Although the beginning of 2022 may not be as exciting as 2021 in terms of having the star talent, the rookies and Gage will be interesting to watch.

The 2021 draft was terrible for a team that was supposed to be all in. This 2022 draft looks to have much more solid contributors.

Just remember that, outside of round 1, 2021 was a developmental draft for the team.

And that was actually true for the Bucs, not a lie like it is when most teams try saying it.

I am still not clear why Godwin won’t be ready week 1. The ACL recovery timeline would allow it pretty easily unless there was some direct setback. Also helps that he’s only 25.

I am still not clear why Godwin won’t be ready week 1. The ACL recovery timeline would allow it pretty easily unless there was some direct setback. Also helps that he’s only 25.
Each player is different

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back