PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Players are the main reason I follow the NFL. Brady is about 50% of it. Gronk/Edelman was maybe 25%. Other favorite players are exciting veterans with HOF potential Evans, Suh, AB. Not many players left to keep me hooked as a fan of the NFL.

Pats are just not as exciting to follow right now. They don't have many players with distinguished resumes or rookies with all world talent.
I don’t know about you but i find Harry super entertaining when he’s on the field

The standard of SB or bust seems to have been a Brady standard. The new Pats standard now is just make the playoff or bust.

Also Matt Patricia makes me want to rip my hair out.

Players are the main reason I follow the NFL. Brady is about 50% of it. Gronk/Edelman was maybe 25%. Other favorite players are exciting veterans with HOF potential Evans, Suh, AB. Not many players left to keep me hooked as a fan of the NFL.

Pats are just not as exciting to follow right now. They don't have many players with distinguished resumes or rookies with all world talent.

Odd way to be a fan of the ultimate team game, but to each his own.

Brady is ranked "elite" but he's better than those other guys on that tier so I think he should get his own tier. Best QB in football and barring injury I think he's got a great shot at MVP.

Mac is ranked "good". Based on the criteria they're using of a guy who can take a decent supporting cast to postseason contention that's fair. He did that last year. We just don't know yet if that's all he is or if he can be better. I think he can but time will tell.

Last edited:

Brady is ranked "elite" but he's better than those other guys on that tier so I think he should get his own tier. Best QB in football and barring injury I think he's got a great shot at MVP.

Mac is ranked "good". Based on the criteria they're using of a guy who can take a decent supporting cast to postseason contention that's fair. He did that last year. We just don't know yet if that's all he is or if he can be better. I think he can but time will tell.
Funny how he kept both Watson and Mayfield out of his rankings.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Wow Edelman went OFF on a podcast about Jimmy bailing out on those two games back in 2016. Echoing exactly what Martellus Bennet said.

Wow Edelman went OFF on a podcast about Jimmy bailing out on those two games back in 2016. Echoing exactly what Martellus Bennet said.
Yeah he said it's understandable why Bennett felt that way. I remember hearing on WEEI a report the team was really unhappy about JG backing out of week 4 close to gameday. Brissett had no business starting that day with his injury.

I think we can also put to rest the idea of his comeback it's not happening.

People still question the Brady effect. Lol

From page two of the petition filed on Monday: “It is now known that in many of Watson’s multiple massage interactions, more than massage therapy occurred — indeed, with at least thirty different women, the ‘more’ that occurred included unwanted sexual advances and outright sexual assault by Watson. Each of those thirty plus women, most of which are complete strangers to one another, experienced strikingly similar conduct from Watson.”

Based on the lawsuit filed on Monday, at least six more lawsuits against Watson are possible.

First lawsuit against Texans hints that "at least thirty different women" may have had their rights violated by Deshaun Watson - ProFootballTalk

Yeah he said it's understandable why Bennett felt that way. I remember hearing on WEEI a report the team was really unhappy about JG backing out of week 4 close to gameday. Brissett had no business starting that day with his injury.

I think we can also put to rest the idea of his comeback it's not happening.
Edelman also said “You also have to look, hey, [Garoppolo] got paid $30 million,” said Edelman. “So maybe I’m the dumb guy who didn’t make as much money to sacrifice for that team. I guess I played for the memories, not the money.”
JG knew he'd be traded and was just protecting his body for a big pay day. I can't blame him, but Brady on the other hand,..

At age 45 he is still in the elite tier with a young buck like Mahomes. That is really amazing when you think about it. The write up also said he was the best Qb in football last year at age 44. Mind boggling.

It’s a ‘What do you think?’ job,” Arians said, via JoeBucsFan.com. “Everybody asks me what do I think and they know they’re getting a brutally honest answer, whether it be [owner] Joel Glazer, [G.M.] Jason Licht, [head coach] Todd Bowles or [offensive coordinator] Byron Leftwich. It’s been fun going to practice, watching and learning some more, watching us change, looking at the new guys. Man, that draft class is going to be a home run. Looking forward to getting to camp.”

Bruce Arians elaborates on his new position with the Buccaneers - ProFootballTalk

Bruce Arians is the oldest HC to win a SB at 68 years. No HC has won a SB after 70 yo. I expect he'll hold on to that record for a while.

Bruce Arians is the oldest HC to win a SB at 68 years. No HC has won a SB after 70 yo. I expect he'll hold on to that record for a while.

George Halas coached the Bears to an NFL title at age 68.

Not in the Superbowl era ? Or was it? Genuine question

It was 1963, five years before the Super Bowl started. Still an NFL title (the AFL was in its third year and not yet viable).

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back