PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Packers lost MVS. Chiefs got him which is a bummer but it’s a net gain for every NFC team that Rodgers has no weapons now.
MVS is the KC equivalent of Agholor. He is a 600 yds a year player. i am not impress with him at all

Rodgers needs weapons just like how it turned out that Mahomes needs a functional offensive line. They aren’t magic.
Throwing slants and 4 yard passes you don't need an elite WR.

Rodgers is an over emotional loser and can’t handle being left out to dry.

Packers lost MVS. Chiefs got him which is a bummer but it’s a net gain for every NFC team that Rodgers has no weapons now.

All things considered, a huge loss for the Chiefs. I thought perhaps they had a Plan B like trading for Waddle or some other receiver. MVS is a guy who will come up with some big plays but is best when targeted 3-4 times per game.

No one seems to bring this up much, but Travis Kelce is 33 this year. He's the same age as Gronk. Yards per target dropped from 9.8 in 2020 to 8.4 in 2021. That's a massive drop and indicates his decline might have already happened...it's inevitable it will happen soon.

The Chiefs also lost Mathieu; I understand their preference for Reid, especially wanting to be younger at that position, but Matheiu's impact on the defense reminds me of Rodney Harrison. They were simply a much better unit in every way when he was on the field.

Hill gone. Mathieu gone. Kelce possibly in steep decline. The team was built entirely around those three superstars, Mahomes and Jones. And with these guys departing, they don't have much to spend for replacements. This is an example of cap consequences, though people seem to not even realize when it's happening right in front of them because the GM doesn't announce "we're in cap hell."

One other note: Mahomes hasn't restructured his contract this year. Is it too early? I'm very curious about this because I thought it was a foregone conclusion he'd do it every season.

Curious to see what they do. Looks like Peter King's 2021 puff piece about Brett Veach was a bit premature, obviously.

Looking ahead, NFL CBA has nice raises for practice squad players in 2022. Players with less than two accrued seasons get $11,500/week -- that's $207,000 for a full season. Older players on practice squad can negotiate between $15,400/week ($277,200) and $19,900/week ($358,200).

Rob Gronkowski still is undecided whether to play in 2022, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus. “I talked to Tampa yesterday and I told them that he’s still undecided, he needs some time to figure out whether he wants to play,” Rosenhaus said at a news conference for Tyreek Hill.

I asked @RealLoganRyan if there were any moments practicing against @TomBrady as Patriots that stood out to him and the response was even better than I could imagine... Tom smashes helmets during OTAs.

There’s nothing happening between Tom Brady and the Dolphins, according to a source. (He’s also been recruiting free agents to the Bucs, which feels relevant here.) Carry on.

Reactions: sb1
All things considered, a huge loss for the Chiefs. I thought perhaps they had a Plan B like trading for Waddle or some other receiver. MVS is a guy who will come up with some big plays but is best when targeted 3-4 times per game.

No one seems to bring this up much, but Travis Kelce is 33 this year. He's the same age as Gronk. Yards per target dropped from 9.8 in 2020 to 8.4 in 2021. That's a massive drop and indicates his decline might have already happened...it's inevitable it will happen soon.

The Chiefs also lost Mathieu; I understand their preference for Reid, especially wanting to be younger at that position, but Matheiu's impact on the defense reminds me of Rodney Harrison. They were simply a much better unit in every way when he was on the field.

Hill gone. Mathieu gone. Kelce possibly in steep decline. The team was built entirely around those three superstars, Mahomes and Jones. And with these guys departing, they don't have much to spend for replacements. This is an example of cap consequences, though people seem to not even realize when it's happening right in front of them because the GM doesn't announce "we're in cap hell."

One other note: Mahomes hasn't restructured his contract this year. Is it too early? I'm very curious about this because I thought it was a foregone conclusion he'd do it every season.

Curious to see what they do. Looks like Peter King's 2021 puff piece about Brett Veach was a bit premature, obviously.
OTC shows KC with $28.6M in cap space. Probably as a result of the Hill trade.

Where did this dumb notion of Brady to MIA come from? NVM don't want to know.

There sure will be lots of speculation. Brady can put it to rest by signing an extension. It will be telling if he doesn't.

After this year, most of his major reg season stats would be hard to surpass. If he plays in 2023 too, most would be almost unbreakable.

He already has 7 SBs. The last big frontier is owning part of a FB team. It might be too hard to pass up the temptation if the Dolphins are dangling it in front of him.
If he plays two more seasons, I think it's likely that his regular season stats will not be broken in our lifetime and maybe ever. Even with rules and 18 game seasons.

OTC shows KC with $28.6M in cap space. Probably as a result of the Hill trade.
I would fix the defense if I were them.

They'll never replicate the same offense because there is not another Tyreke Hill out there.

I would fix the defense if I were them.

They'll never replicate the same offense because there is not another Tyreke Hill out there.
It's curious that KC hardly made any moves the 1st week while blockbuster trades were going on, then by the time this Hill trade happened, just about all elite receivers were gone. Yet, they must have known for weeks this could happen but didn't seem prepared for it. Bringing in JuJu doesn't seem like it had much to do w/ the Hill debacle. They then desperately go out to outbid GB for MVS.

There's word Brady and BA got into a shouting match at OBP. There's video.

pedro-martinez-don-zimmer.gif

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back