PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Fans think the Bucs are predictable and bad on first-down runs. But Tampa Bay averaged 4.4 yards per carry on first down last year, 10th-best average in the NFL, compared to ranking 16th in yards per carry overall. They're not bad at it. They just can't pass every down.

There are very few things the Bucs have struggled with longer or more consistently than in the return game. Longest drought in the NFL without a touchdown. Ranked 29th in punt return average, 26th in kickoff return average in 2021.

I don’t follow the Patriots radio guys, but I know Jimmy Stewart reported the Gronk rib injury story when no one else did. He said they were fractured, knew the exact number of fractures, and said he definitely wouldn’t play against the Patriots. Every other reporter said he was probable and claimed to have a scoop. Stewart definitely has an inside source and I don’t think he makes things up. I wonder if his source is Gronk. That said, simply because he reports something doesn’t mean it will happen. Things change. Obviously he isn’t a journalist who needs multiple confirming sources for sports radio. But I’m guessing there was something to the Brady > Miami story and he isn’t just making things up.

I don’t follow the Patriots radio guys, but I know Jimmy Stewart reported the Gronk rib injury story when no one else did. He said they were fractured, knew the exact number of fractures, and said he definitely wouldn’t play against the Patriots. Every other reporter said he was probable and claimed to have a scoop. Stewart definitely has an inside source and I don’t think he makes things up. I wonder if his source is Gronk. That said, simply because he reports something doesn’t mean it will happen. Things change. Obviously he isn’t a journalist who needs multiple confirming sources for sports radio. But I’m guessing there was something to the Brady > Miami story and he isn’t just making things up.

If his source is a Gronk family member that would make so much sense. I can’t believe I never considered that possibility. That would make all the sense in the world because Jimmy runs in the same exact crowd as some of them in all the pro wrestling crap he’s into. And god knows they would talk, they’re all morons. That has to be it. Nice call.

I wonder if the Dolphins offseason dream was Payton, Brady, Gronk, elite WR?

BAHAHAHA oh man I’ve heard whispers this might happen. If it does the Rams got fu.cked.

Tom wouldn't recruit hard for Jensen, Cappa or Gage if the Miami story is true. So I call BS on that one.

Does Brady want to go to Miami to really stick it to Bill/Pats ala Favre going to the Vikings?

Does Brady want to go to Miami to really stick it to Bill/Pats ala Favre going to the Vikings?

I really hope not. But there’s so much smoke around him wanting to be a minority owner if Ross gets booted and this might lead into that.

I really hope not. But there’s so much smoke around him wanting to be a minority owner if Ross gets booted and this might lead into that.
He can't be an owner and a player. So he could potentially go part ownership route but that will be after his retirement is permanent

He can't be an owner and a player. So he could potentially go part ownership route but that will be after his retirement is permanent

The point is get in the door of the organization by being a player first.

I don’t think it makes sense and I don’t want it to happen because being in Miami is a tougher path to winning than on the Bucs.

This is a joke right?

He’s a distressed asset that will come cheap at a position that they will need a replacement for soon. Makes Kyle Trask a waste though.

Seems like the offseason heat about Brady going to 49ers or Dolphins was real, but Licht stared Brady down and he ultimately decided to just keep it going with the Bucs. NEXT offseason however...

Brady/Gronk to Dolphins for a year as a stage to then transfer minority ownership to Brady as part of a group that takes majority ownership from Steven Ross does make logical sense. Ross is buddies with Brady (U of M alums), maybe he would be allowed to stick around as a minority owner. I'm sure they would bring in Bobby Kotick (another U of M alum) who just sold Activision to Microsoft for big $. I'm not sure I'm prepared to see Brady in the AFC East wearing Dolphins colors, I won't lie

He’s a distressed asset that will come cheap at a position that they will need a replacement for soon. Makes Kyle Trask a was
Mayfield would be a distraction. He is still a starter in the league and every bad game Brady has will result in whispers of let Mayfield give it a try.

If your QB is in the 40s, you better be going all in. If they had drafted a defensive player instead of Trash, who knows if the 2021 season would have ended differently. The millions they would have to pay Mayfield could be used for someone else to win now.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back