PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Bucs GM Jason Licht, talking about Tom Brady's return today on @SiriusXMNFL: "It's been an awesome two years, and now hopefully it's an awesome three-plus years, if not more than three, with him."

Dolphins surrounding Tua Tagovailoa with these offensive additions:

WR Tyreek Hill
LT Terron Armstead
LG Connor Williams
WR Cedrick Wilson
RB Chase Edmonds
RB Raheem Mostert
FB Alec Ingold
WR Trent Sherfield

And tagging TE Mike Gesicki.

Imagine him playing to 47! Awesome
At his age, it's best not to jump ahead.
First it would be awesome if he has a great age 45 season. If he has a good season, then there is a good chance he comes back for his age 46 season in 2023. If he does that, most of his major records are probably unbreakable in our lifetime.

47 is a long ways away. I'd rather him retire as I want to retire from spending too much time following FB, and I don't want Brady pushing his luck against father time and start to suck.

Lol he’s likely talking out his as.a but he stared down Brady this offseason and WON so why not keep doing it lol?
He's handling it perfectly if you ask me. When rumors came out that TB hated Arians and all the chater about wanting to play in SF he didn't take the bait or give this gossip era media anything he could get burned with. Brady is back and they have the best team in the conference and he knows he needs to be delicate with him. If only he could of done the same with AB for a few more games it may of made a difference. THen again, maybe not.

Are the Dolphins building this team for Tua? Or are they going to make a trade for Mayfield?

To me, this looks like a sort of final exam for Tua. They've stacked the offense. Assuming the OL improves (and it would be a virtual impossibility for it not to do so), Tua should be able to lead that offense to some real improvement. And, if he can't, the Dolphins will have 2 firsts to maneuver with if they want to grab a QB in next year's draft.

As for Mayfield, there's not really a reason for any team to trade for him. His money's guaranteed, so let the Browns pay it. The Browns are going to have to cut Mayfield if they can't trade him, and there are only a scant handful of teams where Mayfield would have a chance to compete for the starting job, so competition for his services will be limited.

This is great: Safety Deon Bush signed with the #Chiefs this morning. He quickly realized the timing was terrible.

I forget who was pimping Stewart from the Felger and Mazz show, but this is Stewart's latest:

• Arians loves Tua
  • Gronk hasn't signed with Tampa Bay yet
  • Brady could get traded to Miami for Tua

Kansas City Chiefs are in the middle of lot of excitement today, including hosting Tampa Bay Buccaneers veteran free agent running back Ronald Jones, according to a league source

Coach Prime calls out the Bucs as one of eight teams not attending Jackson State’s Pro Day.

He also called out 10 teams after saying only eight skipped the workout.

To me, this looks like a sort of final exam for Tua. They've stacked the offense. Assuming the OL improves (and it would be a virtual impossibility for it not to do so), Tua should be able to lead that offense to some real improvement. And, if he can't, the Dolphins will have 2 firsts to maneuver with if they want to grab a QB in next year's draft.

As for Mayfield, there's not really a reason for any team to trade for him. His money's guaranteed, so let the Browns pay it. The Browns are going to have to cut Mayfield if they can't trade him, and there are only a scant handful of teams where Mayfield would have a chance to compete for the starting job, so competition for his services will be limited.
Brown's are another team shooting themselves in the foot. They are on the hook for Mayfield 19 mil 5th year option and Watson's 46 mil average salary. They'll have to give Mayfield away for free lol. May even have to offer to pay part of his salary.

Some guy on Felger and Mazz are speculing Brady may get traded to Miami.

A) That's not going to happen
B) If it did, I'm thinking the Dolphins are AFC East favorites.

Some guy on Felger and Mazz are speculing Brady may get traded to Miami.

A) That's not going to happen
B) If it did, I'm thinking the Dolphins are AFC East favorites.
I don't agree that they would be favorites but I think the Brady factor in that city might give them some kind of edge. As always injuries and important games will decide it, but on paper BUF is ridiculous.

I don't agree that they would be favorites but I think the Brady factor in that city might give them some kind of edge. As always injuries and important games will decide it, but on paper BUF is ridiculous.
On offense Miami would be explosive.

Irrelevant as it won't happen.

I don't think Tua is good enough to take advantage of these weapons.

Brady and more importantly Licht would NEVER EVER EVER do that after personally recruiting everyone to come back to play with HIM. Next season though? Well, I think Brady is going to make it so whatever new contract he signs leaves him VERY wide latitude to control his own destiny.

Jimmy likely is right on the mutual interest, he is generally in the ballpark with this stuff. But it’s too late for this year regardless of the specifics he is saying.

Jimmy right this second literally just said he has to retract his take that Brady is trying to get to Miami this year. He is 100% committed to the Bucs THIS year. His source definitely got to him and said “yeah dude we don’t want this heat it’s not happening this year period.”

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back