PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

aelon Darden's versatility, infectious energy and ability to pick things up and apply them to his game should help the shortest player on the Bucs' roster as he battles for a roster spot and/or playing time in a crowded receiver room.

The Celtics have talent, though it's overrated. The defense is excellent, though Williams' injury made it less so. And, more importantly for the series that just ended, it's a very stupid baskteball team when it comes to the offensive side of things.
I'm glad I didn't put money down on the C's. I was going to but changed my mind.

In spite of all the complaints about Brown turning the ball over he did better in that regard than Tatum. I can't remember seeing a player who's as careless with the ball as Tatum.

I agree it looks hypocritical. HOWEVER, I think Tom missed an opportunity in using his status during his time in NE to get major national endorsement deals to offset his lower salary. By his 3rd Super Bowl victory, we should have seen him pretty much like what we've recently seen him in a ton of commercials the last two years. He's late to the game, but better late than never.

He's doing pretty good now as the highest earning nfl player.

Manning was the national darling and Brady was the usurper in his way. The Pat's were not nationally loved, thus, endorsements were harder to come by. It became easier moving to TB.

Anyways, Brady was only concerned about winning back then. Now he is thinking beyond playing football. I think money is more important to him because he wants to become a part owner down the road.

Bledsoe would have been elite if he had just been born in a different era. Specifically the era where the best Quarterbacks still threw more interceptions than touchdown.

You either are too young to remember or too dense to understand that Drew Bledsoe was an EXCELLENT quarterback during his time in New England. He threw for 166 touchdowns in eight seasons as a starter here and had a 3.1 interception percentage. Some consider his total career numbers worthy of NFL Hall of Fame consideration -- 44,611 yards, 251 touchdowns vs. 206 interceptions -- great stats pre-rules changes. Along with Bill Parcells and Bob Kraft he helped establish the Patriots as a winning franchise after decades of ineptitude. But to you, he was a bum. At least your nonsense is consistent.

Last edited:
You either are too young to remember or too dense to understand that Drew Bledsoe was an EXCELLENT quarterback during his time in New England. He threw for 166 touchdowns in eight seasons as a starter here and had a 3.1 interception percentage. Some consider his total career numbers worthy of NFL Hall of Fame consideration -- 44,611 yards, 251 touchdowns vs. 206 interceptions -- great stats pre-rules changes. Along with Bill Parcells and Bob Kraft he helped establish the Patriots as a winning franchise after decades of ineptitude. But to you, he was a bum. At least your nonsense is consistent.

I’m aware that Bledsoe had some really good years but I forgot we’re only allowed to troll Brady here not Bledsoe my mistake.

I’m aware that Bledsoe had some really good years but I forgot we’re only allowed to troll Brady here not Bledsoe my mistake.

Drew Bledsoe had a "really good" CAREER. You called him a "bum." Now you're trying to somehow save face by posting a snarky nonsensical reference to Brady, who has nothing to do with it. Quit while you're behind.

Last edited:
Drew Bledsoe had a "really good" CAREER. You called him a "bum." Now you're trying to somehow save face by posting a snarky nonsensical reference to Brady, who has nothing to do with it. Quit while you're behind.

100% agree, Bledsoe was a terrific player. People don't seem to understand that Brady was a once-in-a-generation player but that doesn't mean that other guys weren't also really good. Bledsoe turned things around and made the team a contender and was one of the best quarterbacks this team had prior to Brady's arrival. Bledsoe's selection, and the team's subsequent winning record, was the reason Gillette Stadium came to be, that wasn't from Brady. Brady inherited it because it opened the next season after their first championship in 2002. And if you watched Bledsoe play week in and week out, you'd understand just how good he really was.

It's easy to dismiss him two decades later (which Bledsoe has even admitted that being a "footnote" to Brady is irritating) but those of us who lived and died with him as the club's QB knows how much he meant to this franchise.

100% agree, Bledsoe was a terrific player. People don't seem to understand that Brady was a once-in-a-generation player but that doesn't mean that other guys weren't also really good. Bledsoe turned things around and made the team a contender and was one of the best quarterbacks this team had prior to Brady's arrival. Bledsoe's selection, and the team's subsequent winning record, was the reason Gillette Stadium came to be, that wasn't from Brady. Brady inherited it because it opened the next season after their first championship in 2002. And if you watched Bledsoe play week in and week out, you'd understand just how good he really was.

It's easy to dismiss him two decades later (which Bledsoe has even admitted that being a "footnote" to Brady is irritating) but those of us who lived and died with him as the club's QB knows how much he meant to this franchise.
I thought Vectoprime was talking in semantics like Peyton Manning was the greatest in his era until Brady surpassed him, thus making him a bum. Montana became a bum when Brady became the Goat. Mahomes was supposedly projected to have won multiple SB by now like Brady, but failed so he's a bum too.

Yes Bledsoe was a terrific player and belongs in the Hall of very good with Edelman an Welker, but isn't he sort of like a bum for not being able to hold onto his job against a young 21 year old punk?

• Interesting
Reactions: Ian
Yes Bledsoe was a terrific player and belongs in the Hall of very good with Edelman an Welker, but isn't he sort of like a bum for not being able to hold onto his job against a young 21 year old punk?
That was certainly a bizarre situation and obviously, Brady kept it because Belichick decided to ride the hot hand through to the end. I think the only other scenario that I recall a similar situation might have been Philadelphia with Foles, although they traded the guy who won it all, which obviously didn't work out. So I wouldn't call him a bum, but he was a victim of tough circumstances. Not really sure how that could have played out any differently.

I’m sorry but I will just simply never get Bledsoe’s performance in the 01/02 AFGCG out of my head. After that first drive with the TD to Patton he played as if he was actively trying to lose. And sure he was out of practice I guess but he was a 30 year old vet. Do better.

I’m sorry but I will just simply never get Bledsoe’s performance in the 01/02 AFGCG out of my head. After that first drive with the TD to Patton he played as if he was actively trying to lose. And sure he was out of practice I guess but he was a 30 year old vet. Do better.
The crazy toss thing in that one is what also sticks out in my mind…not ideal.

But again, one game doesn’t encompass his career or the great moments he provided us.

Bledsoe reminds me of Jayson Tatum (at least Tatum, to date.) It’s always a strange thing when the national media gives a player more confidence and higher praise than the local fan base (and the local fan base knows better). It always seemed that way with Bledsoe, that he was at his best Monday - Saturday and that he was very highly regarded by all the experts, pundits, etc. but you always felt like he was never really that guy you can count on to carry a team like a real superstar player.

Bledsoe was my favorite player growing up. Good guy, face of the team, etc. He was definitely an above average QB with all of his strengths and weaknesses weighed appropriately, but his weaknesses prevented him from being truly great. Still, based on my first live games consisting of Scott Secules, Hugh Millen, Tommy Hodson, etc. I was a big time Bledsoe fan, and he (and Parcells) made the franchise relevant.

Yes, Bledsoe was an excellent QB who had the misfortune to precede the GOAT. Once he saw a receiver break open he had a rocket of an arm to make the completion. But he was not so good at anticipating when and where a receiver would become open and make the throw to the receiver before he got open. So he often held the ball too long waiting for his receiver to get open and took too many sacks and hits. He was great, just not Brady Great.

I’ve always thought Bledsoe’s TD to Patton in the AFCG and Brady’s pass to Patton in the SB demonstrated the difference between those 2 QBs. As I recall, both were from a similar field position. In the AFCG, Bledsoe held the ball until he saw Patton breaking open in the end zone and fired a TD. In the SB, Brady sees Patton running side by side with a corner with the corner to Payton’s inside. Brady throws it while Patton is still covered and just before he makes his cut to the back of the end zone and to a spot (the outside) where only Patton can get to to make a catch and he completes the pass for a TD.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back