PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Gronk having fun confusing people. Edelman probably won't ever be healthy enough to play NFL football again. Probably so out of football shape. And I think would have to be released or traded from the Patriots. I'd rather have Amendola.

This is just how the second half of Brady’s career has gone. Well, latter 2/3 of his career at this point. Every other year is the unusually fortunate team health year and the other is the unbelievably unlucky injury year. So the Bucs are gonna be healthy this season and their secondary depth won’t be a problem.

It’s just science.

Bucs still refuse to address the secondary. It's going to haunt them.

They signed Logan Ryan and Keanu Neal and lost Jordan Whitehead. So they did address the secondary. However, if you are talking about quality players, then you are correct. Ryan had a PFF grade of 60.4 while Neal had a 30.

This from a Boston article:
"The age of second-guessing the Patriots and Bill Belichick at your own peril has been buried under an avalanche of bad drafts that stretches back to 2013."

Looking at the main forum, it seems like Brady is pulling ahead in the Tom vs BB debate. Frankly, Brady covered up for the mistakes and made up for any deficiency in the Patriot Way. Now with Brady gone, it's all falling apart and the Pats are just another former great franchise looking for past glory like the Cowboys and 49rs.

What BB has been doing since 2013 has been drafting yeoman and foot soldiers in the top rounds. Players that would be available in the 3rd round. Since Hightower and Chandler Jones, BB has been avoiding drafting high upside/high value players(other than Mac) in the 1st rd, such as tackles, CB, DE, WR(No Nkeal was not a high upside WR). You could see Brady's frustration growing year after year. He knew that there was something rotten settling in but many were calling him a diva because of it.

This from a Boston article:
"The age of second-guessing the Patriots and Bill Belichick at your own peril has been buried under an avalanche of bad drafts that stretches back to 2013."

Looking at the main forum, it seems like Brady is pulling ahead in the Tom vs BB debate. Frankly, Brady covered up for the mistakes and made up for any deficiency in the Patriot Way. Now with Brady gone, it's all falling apart and the Pats are just another former great franchise looking for past glory like the Cowboys and 49rs.

No he hasn't. In fact no one discussing Bill vs Tom.

The good news is the Pats finally have a QB who hasn't been suspended by the commissioner for cheating.

The good news is the Pats finally have a QB who hasn't been suspended by the commissioner for cheating.
Lol

And then you bring up Bill vs Tom. Lol

Unlike Brady, Bill actually was caught cheating. Maybe that's something to add to your sig :)

And then you bring up Bill vs Tom. Lol

Unlike Brady, Bill actually was caught cheating. Maybe that's something to add to your sig :)

Nah, Brady was caught too. He was friends with a guy called The Deflator.

The overall sentiment to BB has been getting more sour year after year. Put 2 and 2 together, it means Brady being looked more favourably such as the reason for leaving. Mac better have a 2nd year jump or BB might be forced to retire probably by the 2024 season.

The overall sentiment to BB has been getting more sour year after year. Put 2 and 2 together, it means Brady being looked more favourably such as the reason for leaving. Mac better have a 2nd year jump or BB might be forced to retire probably by the 2024 season.

Out of curiosity, why are you rooting hard against Belichick? I think I know the answer but I wanted to hear it from you.

Out of curiosity, why are you rooting hard against Belichick? I think I know the answer but I wanted to hear it from you.
Nothing against BB the coach but he's been declining as a GM for awhile.

Again from a Boston article:
This has also been my observation for a long time and many here are just starting to see it.

BB is still great at finding good UFA and late round players. But he has stunk drafting in the 1st and 2nd rounds for a long time now. And finding great players in FA has been taking a hit lately too.

I'm almost ready to put BB in one of the worst GM in the league list now. We'll see how the year goes. If no improvement, 2023 will be his last year as GM imo.

Nothing against BB the coach but he's been declining as a GM for awhile.

Again from a Boston article:
This has also been my observation for a long time and many here are just starting to see it.

BB is still great at finding good UFA and late round players. But he has stunk drafting in the 1st and 2nd rounds for a long time now. And finding great players in FA has been taking a hit lately too.

I'm almost ready to put BB in one of the worst GM in the league list now. We'll see how the year goes. If no improvement, 2023 will be his last year as GM imo.

How can you say that after the Pats went from 7-9 to 10-7 with a rookie QB? You are already throwing the 2022 draft class under the bus, even though they haven't hit rookie mini camp yet. You have to give Bill 3-4 years at least.

And the Saints D gets even better - Tyrann Mathieu signs with New Orleans

How can you say that after the Pats went from 7-9 to 10-7 with a rookie QB? You are already throwing the 2022 draft class under the bus, even though they haven't hit rookie mini camp yet. You have to give Bill 3-4 years at least.
I give him 3 more years til we can fairly judge BB without TB. I expect a AFCCG appearance within these 3 years.

The GM not the HC. No one doubts Belicheck's ability to coach and put his players in the best position for success.

As a GM he has made a ton of mistakes in recent years that would get other GMs fired

The GM not the HC. No one doubts Belicheck's ability to coach and put his players in the best position for success.

As a GM he has made a ton of mistakes in recent years that would get other GMs fired

He’s also made a lot of good choices. He killed last year’s draft as GM. Without Mac, Barnore, and Stevenson, the Pats would have been a 5-12 club.

He’s also made a lot of good choices. He killed last year’s draft as GM. Without Mac, Barnore, and Stevenson, the Pats would have been a 5-12 club.
Last year's draft was great, it just took 10 years of bad drafts to get that

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back